World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
nudepumps

Supressives & New Location?

nudepumps

Hi guys,

I've been on suppressives since early December, hadn't had an outbreak since, but recently I hadn't been taking them like I should and have had some emotional distress and low and behold: I think I have an outbreak. But, it's in a completely different location. Anyone know what would make the OB location change to somewhere else?

JBnATL

The virus lives in your nerve system. I assume you have it genital and if you have it there the virus lives in your sacral ganglia nerve system. If you were to look that up you would see to that it starts at the base of your spine and goes down your leg and you can have an outbreak anywhere that nerve system goes. That is also why it cannot travel by itself to your mouth, that is a completely different nerve system that does not connect to your sacral ganglia nerve system.

Good luck!

JB

nudepumps

It does make sense... thank you for responding, you always do, lol. I just hate it. Makes me so self-conscious about doing anything sexually knowing that it just... hides out where all that action takes place. But I'm sure when this OB is done and I resume my suppressives like I was previously that I won't have an issue again for a while. Sigh.