World's Largest Herpes Support Group
gliterati

Constant body itch

gliterati

The constant itchiness that started from OBs started to feel all over my body for weeks. I thought I was having outbreaks but maybe this is just an allergic reaction?

I stopped taking Valtrex and I'm still itchy, so that wasn't it. now I'm taking antihistamines everyday.

Has anyone else found themselves in a position of a hyper reactive histamine response post-diagnosis?? I'm seeing an allergist next week, but idk if they will have any idea if it's associated with the hsv.

gone-girl

I have had this however I also have some pretty significant allergies that include full blown anaphylaxis....so with me it is hard to know what is going on. I think speaking openly to the allergist about your HSV is important.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Terrell
The constant itchiness that started from OBs started to feel all over my body for weeks. I thought I was having outbreaks but maybe this is just an allergic reaction?

I stopped taking Valtrex and I'm still itchy, so that wasn't it. now I'm taking antihistamines everyday.

Has anyone else found themselves in a position of a hyper reactive histamine response post-diagnosis?? I'm seeing an allergist next week, but idk if they will have any idea if it's associated with the hsv.

I still experience itching with welts after initial infection doctor's, say it's urticaria I thought it was the flu vaccine which was my first. Did your itching stop?

hopefaith2015
I still experience itching with welts after initial infection doctor's, say it's urticaria I thought it was the flu vaccine which was my first. Did your itching stop?

Urticaria?? I was diagnosed with hsv1 a few weeks ago...I get itchy all over. Doctor said is only oral. But my scalp...hands. ears and face itch. My eyes hurt sometimes and my eyelids get itchy. Itchy burning lips and tongue.

Terrell
Urticaria?? I was diagnosed with hsv1 a few weeks ago...I get itchy all over. Doctor said is only oral. But my scalp...hands. ears and face itch. My eyes hurt sometimes and my eyelids get itchy. Itchy burning lips and tongue.

I still have not found the source been to several doctors

hopefaith2015
I still have not found the source been to several doctors

I been to many doctors too. Some tell me is nothing and it could be anxiety causing that since I was exposed. They say anxiety can cause rashes and itchiness.

hopefaith2015

I'm so scared...no one seems to help me. I think it just keeps spreading. I'm afraid to touch my kids. Everything the complain of something bothering them...I put gloves to check them. I don't want to exposed them in anyway.

Terrell
I been to many doctors too. Some tell me is nothing and it could be anxiety causing that since I was exposed. They say anxiety can cause rashes and itchiness.

Yes I'm study that. Now because I developed have pylori and then Gastritis due to stress depression of hsv diagnosis now I realize it's not the virus that cause damage it's our minds.

Terrell
Yes I'm study that. Now because I developed have pylori and then Gastritis due to stress depression of hsv diagnosis now I realize it's not the virus that cause damage it's our minds.

I felt the same way you could send some pictures to my email kennygyte@gmail.com it my not be hsv related

Swannn

I remember when I was first diagnosed 8 years ago, I felt like a walking infection. I would go to the Starbucks and feel guilty if my hand touched more than one of the stir sticks and I would end up throwing out everything I touched in public. After a few months (and a very well-timed beach vacation with two friends) I began to feel a lot better. The beginning is always going to be difficult. It creates a lot of stress and worry and so you might have simply gotten a case of hives or even become itchy because you feel your body is suddenly alien to you and you want to escape it on some level. The mind and body are so intricately connected that this is not as crazy as it might sound to some.

The other possibility is gluten (please don't laugh). I heard all the gluten hype myself and ignored it until last year when I saw that it can cause severe itchiness. I was waking up in the night (and had been for a decade) and scratching at myself like a crazy person. I stopped eating anything with gluten in it and after about a week or two all the itchiness went away. So just something to try if it's ongoing and not psychologically HSV related. If it is gluten, that's a relatively easy fix.

Terrell
I remember when I was first diagnosed 8 years ago, I felt like a walking infection. I would go to the Starbucks and feel guilty if my hand touched more than one of the stir sticks and I would end up throwing out everything I touched in public. After a few months (and a very well-timed beach vacation with two friends) I began to feel a lot better. The beginning is always going to be difficult. It creates a lot of stress and worry and so you might have simply gotten a case of hives or even become itchy because you feel your body is suddenly alien to you and you want to escape it on some level. The mind and body are so intricately connected that this is not as crazy as it might sound to some.

The other possibility is gluten (please don't laugh). I heard all the gluten hype myself and ignored it until last year when I saw that it can cause severe itchiness. I was waking up in the night (and had been for a decade) and scratching at myself like a crazy person. I stopped eating anything with gluten in it and after about a week or two all the itchiness went away. So just something to try if it's ongoing and not psychologically HSV related. If it is gluten, that's a relatively easy fix.

5 stars you get thanks great share.

Emmie17

I have this too- I see these posts are a few years old. Did it ever get better? The itching is unbearable 

Dee22

I have itchyneas but had it before diagnosis. I have been told by a dr u can effect your eyes related to herpes i am not aure qhat but they said something can soread to them so if u are having issues wjth your eyes it is worth looking into.