World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
worried2104

False negative WB?

worried2104

What are the chances of a false negative WB after 6 months??

Acesheart
What are the chances of a false negative WB after 6 months??

Member Silverfox has had that experience. Not sure if still comes here often, perhaps Message him :) .

burdentobear

Less than %1. The WB is the most accurate blood test available. The only HSV test more sensitive is a PCR DNA test performed on a sample taken from an active lesion.

If you received a negative WB 6 months post exposure, it is safe to assume you do not have HSV.

Member Bob12 I believe is his name had this happen. It's quite possible but from what I gather not common. If my situation personally ends up positive on a swab (I still swab from time to time) then I would be another person on this small island that received a negative WB but positive swab. I tested at 5.5 months via WB and negative IGG at 14 months.

My personal opinion is that if you are in the small sample size of people truly positive for herpes but negative via IGG or WB at that timeframe or even beyond, it will always be negative via blood. Always. You will never seroconvert. I discussed this exact topic with Terri Warren and she agrees. The less than dozen or so in her 30+ years of experience that tested positive for herpes via swab but negative via WB never ever seroconverted. A swab would be your only option during questionable lesions or outbreaks to determine if you have herpes. This considering if you still are experiencing unexplained symptoms.

I have had a girlfriend for over one year and we have unprotected sex weekly and since day 1. God willing, she has not contracted anything is negative via IGG. Last time I made her test was 6 months into the relationship when my symptoms were its worst and she was negative for both. She hasn't had any signs or issues down there.

I hope it stays that way, especially if I'm trying to trust these tests results.