World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
newbie15

Not another outbreak: (

newbie15

Was diagnosed new years eve after a wek of symtoms. Took 3 weeks to return to normal. Had a 2nd ob 2weeks ago and now i think im having another one. I cant f'ing stand this. Im not on suppressives but am thinking i should be.

newbie15

Never saw the results myself. Was notified from the er i was seen at and just told positive.

VVK

If it's bothering you enough, then antivirals should help with that. The first few months can be pretty tough with recurrent outbreaks. However, you could also do well by re-evaluating nutrition and lifestyle to strengthen your immune system. Article below is a good read..

http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/how-to-boost-your-immune-system

Jaxx

Is there a difference between HSV1 and HSV2, I mean I know one caused the cold sores and the other is genital but does HSV2 produce more outbreaks??

VVK

Yes.. the difference is in the DNA of the virus itself. As a result, HSV1 is more effective at causing outbreaks in the oral region whereas HSV2 is more effective in the genital region. Both can establish at either location, genital or oral, but if not in preferred location they will usually cause fewer outbreaks.

VVK

Yes.. the difference is in the DNA of the virus itself. As a result, HSV1 is more effective at causing outbreaks in the oral region whereas HSV2 is more effective in the genital region. Both can establish at either location, genital or oral, but if not in preferred location they will usually cause fewer outbreaks.

john2223

What have you tried already to prevent outbreaks? Simple things like taking L-Lysine daily can help with reducing the amount of outbreaks you have and reduce how long they last. I've read here that taking mega doses of vitamin C can help prevent outbreaks for a long time.

newbie15

I am taking lysine daily. It wound up not to be an outbreak. I also fond out my swab was pos for hsv 2.