World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Tiddlywinks

Sore Soothing Salve

Tiddlywinks

This salve has been working for me as a topical treatment and I wanted to share it with you all!

The best part is you can make it yourself and infuse it with all sorts of self-loving vibes. The result for me is a LOVELY cooling sensation to ease that burning feeling and speedy recovery from sores.

This recipe is especially useful as a soothing, healing, antimicrobial salve when applied topically to inflamed tissues, wounds, and sores located anywhere on the body. The herbs used, such as lemon balm, Licorice, and St. John's Wort are all mild analgesics, potent antivirals, and anti-inflammatories, and are combined with oils to nourish and heal the skin and any sore at the site of application.

Supplies

- double boiler (sauce pan with a heat-proof bowl that fits on top, or mason jar that fits inside works great also)

- small saucepan

- wood spoon

- cheese cloth

- mesh strainer

- cheese grater (for beeswax unless you can find pre-grated, which make things nice and easy)

- small mason jars or glass container to hold the salve

Ingredients

- 1 cup of almond, olive or coconut oil

-3 g of lemon balm leaves

-3 g of licorice root

-3 g of St. John's Wort flowers

-30 grams of grated beeswax

-5 drop vitamin e oil

-10 drops Tee Tree essential oil

Instructions

1. Heat oil in double boiler with herbs

2. Heat mixture at this temperature uncovered for 1-2 hours, stirring often to ensure neither hers nor oil begins to burn

3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly

4. Strain the oil from the herbs into the small saucepan, using the mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth

5. Give the cheesecloth a good squeeze to ensure you get as much of the oil as possible

6. Heat oil on low and add beeswax until completely dissolved, then remove from heat

7. Add Vitamin E oil and Tee Tree oil and stir to combine

8. Pour mixture into jars: the mixture will set as it cools

9. Once hardened apply lids to jars

10. Apply as needed

Keep the jars in the fridge for extra cooling tingly goodness.

Enjoy!! Much Love!!

Acesheart

**Make sure with use of St.John's Wort any use is reported to doctor. Many people we hear are getting surgeries and non stop bleeding due to this suppliment.**

Tiddlywinks

i got this recipe from my naturopath, who specializes in herpes.

it's the only one i have and it has been a life saver for me.