World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
summerz

off med outbreak situation

summerz

So I was on acyclovir and I still got outbreaks on a "fairly regular" basis for being on meds, so I got switched to valcyclovir which I heard is more effective anyway, seemed to work good. Well just because I wanted to give my body a little break off meds and I'm not with anyone at the moment I stopped the meds, like 2 weeks...and I just got a MAJOR owie outbreak, like similar to first time style. Is that normal after being on that stronger med? Is it just bad luck of the draw? Anyone have this happen too?..

And geez, just because I go off meds I have to get one right away like herpes has to say HEY STILL HERE! :p

VVK

If you're pretty stressed and run-down at the moment, then that would probably be why.

Acesheart

Agreed. Anxiety about my girl leaving for college after me being dormant for 23 years gave me 2nd outbreak EVER :( . It was very mild and only vaginal area, not both anus and vaginal areas like my initial outbreak. Truly Aces xo