World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Stressedmom

hsv in saliva

Stressedmom

Hi guys perhaps I am being paranoid but you can't help it sometimes when living with this condition. So I have HSV1 and 2. I get genital outbreak atleast evry month but haven't had an oral outbreak for more than 6 years. So what happened this morning is that when I was dressing my daughter for school I had a moment of sickness and sort of dribbled on above her knee. So I know that as much as I hvent had outbreaks, asymptomatic shedding occurs. As such am sick with worry that the saliva on her knee may contain some HSV. This was an involuntary action but I am praying that I hvent compromised my child. Really worried. Please help!

JBnATL

Don't worry your daughter didn't get hsv from your drooling on her. The ONLY way to spread this virus is from skin to skin contact.

Unfortunately your daughter probably will end up getting herpes. She will likely get it from a kiss from either you or a relative. 90% of all adults have hsv1 and most got it as a child from a kiss from a relative. It really is just a very common, mostly harmless virus.

Good luck!

JB

Stressedmom

Thanks JB. I am a stresspot. Because of my own infection I am ever so careful and I couldn't believe what happened today. I haven't had cold sores for years but I was really worried about asymptomatic shedding. I wish I could hug and kiss my kids like other pple do but sometimes i am even scared of touching them. I have suffered emotionally because of this and I don't wish herpes on anyone so am always worried I will spread it to my kids. This forum has honestly kept me sane. Thanks again

Acesheart
Thanks JB. I am a stresspot. Because of my own infection I am ever so careful and I couldn't believe what happened today. I haven't had cold sores for years but I was really worried about asymptomatic shedding. I wish I could hug and kiss my kids like other pple do but sometimes i am even scared of touching them. I have suffered emotionally because of this and I don't wish herpes on anyone so am always worried I will spread it to my kids. This forum has honestly kept me sane. Thanks again

Hi StressedMom, I am a Mom and always stressed too :) .

I know several parents kiss their babies on the hair, or give butterfly kisses. Some place their own hand between the kiss and the face or cheek.

I agree with so many toddlers already being exposed to oral h, then in school these kids show LOVE and hugs to other classmates, all innocent and meant as sign of friendship. It will be alright so please try NOT to worry too much. I find my anxieties can make me physically sick.

Take care, hugs Aces xo

beanthere

I'm a new mom and have had oral herpes for more than 10 years.

I worry daily that my son will get it. I'm quite uneducated when it comes to the shedding aspect of this virus, so i have no idea how or when it occurs.

When i do kiss my son, when i don't have an outbreak, i avoid his lips. I don't believe in lip kissing in general, but with him it'll be a rule!

I'm also constantly worried.