World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
oneday

Halford discusses HSV with HuffPost

Sally89
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/03/herpes-vaccine_n_6791538.html

He hits the nail on the head about why hsv isn't addressed more openly in the media! I am glad he was interviewed and hopefully his approach gets some much needed interest and funding pronto!!!

The whole thing is quite sad. It is true it isolates good people. It is okay for people to have a face full of "fever" blisters but the same thing on your privates is a big no no. I just find the whole thing hypocritical how an entire group can be shunned because of the location of the virus.

Sally89
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/03/herpes-vaccine_n_6791538.html

He hits the nail on the head about why hsv isn't addressed more openly in the media! I am glad he was interviewed and hopefully his approach gets some much needed interest and funding pronto!!!

The whole thing is quite sad. It is true it isolates good people. It is okay for people to have a face full of "fever" blisters but the same thing on your privates is a big no no. I just find the whole thing hypocritical how an entire group can be shunned because of the location of the virus.

worried2104

Anybody find the interview a bit awkward? The guy doing the interview would have these long pauses like he wasn't sure what to ask next. I guess there is no way to get chatty on the subject.

AychEsVee

I think that's mostly because it's HuffPost, but hey, someone's doing it.

Kurdt01

"If all goes well, he thinks he may have a vaccine developed by the end of 2016." Does this mean on the market? or just ready for human trials. I couldn't quite tell.

oneday

They're good articles. More needs to get out about how prevalent this is, yet people do suffer severely in the shadows of the stupid stigma attached to it

oneday
"If all goes well, he thinks he may have a vaccine developed by the end of 2016." Does this mean on the market? or just ready for human trials. I couldn't quite tell.

From what I take it as it will be developed for clinical trials by end of 2016.

StayingUpbeat
Anybody find the interview a bit awkward? The guy doing the interview would have these long pauses like he wasn't sure what to ask next. I guess there is no way to get chatty on the subject.

Though it wasn't specifically for the Huff Post interview Dr. Halford gave essentially a rebuttal to the sensationalized science.mic article that was published a few days before his interview: http://liveherpesvaccine.com/2015/02/11/on-the-science-mic-article/

A reader might infer from the Science.mic article that herpes will be cured in 2016, and Bill Halford will be leading the charge. I would suggest that this is just a wee bit unrealistic and frankly makes me sound delusional.

He is just hinting at starting a trial in another country but for the vast majority of folks it wont be practical to travel there 3 times a year every year or even once a year. He has also been unable to answer the question as to how many injections would be safe over a lifetime. It may not be safe for multiple injections therefor making it impractical as a therapeutic. I still hope he gets it going so we can see the data on the people that do travel.