World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lovebug10

Could this be herpes? I'm unsure...

lovebug10

Am I paranoid??

Lately I've Been extremely worried and obsessed with the possibility that I may have contracted genital herpes. I've only been with three guys and all in long term relationships. My current bf had a pretty promiscious past but he says he is clean and I haven't seen any sores on him that look like herpes... I'm waiting for my test result which will be in this week. My symptoms have been random shooting pains through out my body (electric feelings in my finger tips down to my toes), and my lower back feels numb and also part of my labia majora. I have been experiencing this for about 6 days now. I also recently had a mirena iud inserted. Could these be herpes symptoms? I don't see any sores yet... I'm so worried, I just don't know what to make of my symptoms. Would the tingling last this long with no symptoms?

Acesheart
Am I paranoid??

Lately I've Been extremely worried and obsessed with the possibility that I may have contracted genital herpes. I've only been with three guys and all in long term relationships. My current bf had a pretty promiscious past but he says he is clean and I haven't seen any sores on him that look like herpes... I'm waiting for my test result which will be in this week. My symptoms have been random shooting pains through out my body (electric feelings in my finger tips down to my toes), and my lower back feels numb and also part of my labia majora. I have been experiencing this for about 6 days now. I also recently had a mirena iud inserted. Could these be herpes symptoms? I don't see any sores yet... I'm so worried, I just don't know what to make of my symptoms. Would the tingling last this long with no symptoms?

Hey lovebug, welcome. Just because bf said he was clear, we are all Clean, if he has never tested there is no way to know what he could have exposed you to. I caught my h from my 2nd partner whom I married, but he may NOT have known he had herpes, he was too busy sleeping with others to ever get tested. I'd suggest your bf get tested as well.

No, that doesn't sound like herpes, but there is no typical with herpes.

We always like to say "Clear" since we know we are all Clean. Let us know what your test reveal and meanwhile suggest that this bf get to know his sexual health status. Hugs Aces xo

lovebug10

Ok thanks, I'm sorry I didn't mean anything by using that term... Is there any idea what else this could be? I know we aren't doctors but it's hard for me not to speculate... I've done hours of research everyday trying to figure out what is up with me... It's just hard not knowing.

Acesheart
Ok thanks, I'm sorry I didn't mean anything by using that term... Is there any idea what else this could be? I know we aren't doctors but it's hard for me not to speculate... I've done hours of research everyday trying to figure out what is up with me... It's just hard not knowing.

Oh honey, rule one Don't Google. They use worse case scenarios and scare the crap out of you. Many things mimic herpe symptoms, so j u st relax until your test come back.

Oh please don't worry about the clean/clear misunderstanding, many many don't understand the hurt it causes many here. This term clean is an ignorant term unless we are cleaning house, lol..

I too had no idea how hurtful it could be until someone here taught me proper meaning then I felt better since I shower or bathe daily I knew I was clean, just NOT clear of herpes EVER again. :itllbeok: Hugs Aces xo

lovebug10

What does the tingling with herpes feel like? Sometimes I feel a crawling sensation but I haven't seen any sores and it's been a week of feeling this.

Acesheart
What does the tingling with herpes feel like? Sometimes I feel a crawling sensation but I haven't seen any sores and it's been a week of feeling this.

Mine was tail bone , spine area and crawling ants feeling. But as it turned out it was nerves damaged by poorly performed epidural' s , so otherwise it can be burning feelings, like itchy feeling , it is different for everyone.

I has someone tell me it was so much burn it actually felt like very COLD, like really really cold. So I'd say it could be just relearning the body and jotting down these symptoms and keep this journal for reference and see if an ob occurs. No one has to know what your journal is for, title it "monthly package" or "aunt flow" certainly no one will want to know then will they once they see your title. Hugs Aces xo

lovebug10

Could this also be a symptom? I have a swollen tender lymph node on one side and some white patches in the back of my throat... And I still feel the numbness/crawling sensation on one side of my labia but still no sores

lovebug10

The obgyn said she would call me this week with my results and today is Friday and she still hasn't called :-(

Acesheart
Could this also be a symptom? I have a swollen tender lymph node on one side and some white patches in the back of my throat... And I still feel the numbness/crawling sensation on one side of my labia but still no sores

Hey lovebug, honey these white patches could be from anything. I just got over thrush, I always thought it was a toddlers virus, but I caught strep throat and it turned into thrush somewhere along the road to healing I saw HUGE white patches in throat and red patches on my tongue, doctor's said I could have gotten it from being on antibiotics for such period of time or from kisses my nieces and nephews tiny toes and hands. Either way those patches can be swabbed and cultured, maybe have them seen my doctor.

The doctors forget to call asap, they forget we are waiting on these TEST. They have no clue as to how important this is to us. Did she say "call if positive or just that she would call with results"? I would call them. I've waited on test for positive or negative with Cancer, drove my husband CRAZY while we waited, we started calling two or three times a day. I know they were happy when my results came in so we would stop bugging them. Call the doctor's. No need to worry needlessly for no good reason, call them. Tell them about these white patches too since thrush is contagious. Hugs Aces :itllbeok:

lovebug10

Thanks for all your advice! I really appreciate it. Btw, I just called the obgyn and she said I was negative for herpes 1 and herpes 2... Since I started sleeping with my boyfriend in January and we maybe had unprotected sex between 8 to 10 times ( sorry if tmi) in January and February, how accurate is this result? I'm sorry I don't know the name of the test

Acesheart
Thanks for all your advice! I really appreciate it. Btw, I just called the obgyn and she said I was negative for herpes 1 and herpes 2... Since I started sleeping with my boyfriend in January and we maybe had unprotected sex between 8 to 10 times ( sorry if tmi) in January and February, how accurate is this result? I'm sorry I don't know the name of the test

Hey lovebug can you get a copy. Ask them to give you a copy either fax (many won't unless you have a secured phone line) or you can pick it up.

I'd say it's very reliable. I'd be more concerned with these white patches, could be strep which is also contagious. No kissing until these patches are gone. My doctor gave me Nystatin Rinse for thrush, but had me use peroxide rinse and salt water rinses too. Supposedly heals the area quicker. Definitely made the soreness calm down.

Congratulations on Negatives for BOTH h1 & h2. GREAT news LOVE.

Acesheart

Oh and never too much information here sweety ;)

Yes, I'd say that's reliable! Get a copy of these TEST too for your records and to keep on hand should bf test later and come back positive for anything. Hugs Aces xo