World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Yvii19

No one To talk to

Yvii19

I feel like there isn't really anyone I can talk to. After I was told I had herpes, and I told my best friend, she tried to help me make sense of it. She isn't convinced that I really do have herpes, and to be honest I'm not either. I don't know if I'm just in denial, or if its a gut feeling, but I just don't believe I really do have herpes. I was so tempted to tell my mom, but I'm just worried shes going to act as meanly as the doctor did and basically brush it off as a problem I had to deal with on my own.

Everyone I ask or talk to has had this horrific first outbreak, while mine was literally three tiny bumps, painless, barely even itchy and didn't pop or become blisters. The doctor had to poke them with a needle to get the fluid and literally the day after they disappeared. They were only sore for maybe 5 minutes. And as far as I can tell, nothing else showed up. I don't even know what kind of herpes I have.

Has anyone else had such a mild outbreak?

Acesheart

Hi honey, many many users with genital HSV type 1 usually do get milder outbreaks. I've had some ladies say they thought their initial outbreak was ingrown hairs, rather than an actual herpes on. Take care Aces xo

november13

My initial (and only so far) outbreak was really mild. There were 2 little bumps and I figured they were ingrown hairs. I went to the dr because of BV and asked about the bumps. The doctor said they were definitely ingrowns, nad I went home. Two days later, it started burning when I peed and there were 3 little bumps. I thought the meds for BV were causing an allergic reaction or something, so I went back to the dr. This time I got another dr, and she said it was herpes; she ran tests and confirmed I had gHSV1. The bumps themselves weren't painful or blister-like. The only negative part for me was the burning when peeing.

Yvii19
My initial (and only so far) outbreak was really mild. There were 2 little bumps and I figured they were ingrown hairs. I went to the dr because of BV and asked about the bumps. The doctor said they were definitely ingrowns, nad I went home. Two days later, it started burning when I peed and there were 3 little bumps. I thought the meds for BV were causing an allergic reaction or something, so I went back to the dr. This time I got another dr, and she said it was herpes; she ran tests and confirmed I had gHSV1. The bumps themselves weren't painful or blister-like. The only negative part for me was the burning when peeing.

I dont remember mind burning, they werent close enough to the pee stream. But did you touch them? Did they hurt or itch?

Yvii19
Hi honey, many many users with genital HSV type 1 usually do get milder outbreaks. I've had some ladies say they thought their initial outbreak was ingrown hairs, rather than an actual herpes on. Take care Aces xo

I'm glad at least there might be people on here I can relate to, Almost everyone else I talked to had horrible outbreaks and kept questioning if I really had herpes or not

Acesheart
I'm glad at least there might be people on here I can relate to, Almost everyone else I talked to had horrible outbreaks and kept questioning if I really had herpes or not

Sweetheart you know your body right? No one walks in your shoes but you, so don't let other's opinions get to you. I have ppl daily question one thing or another about my situation, my response is "here's a quarter call someone who gives a damn" I know my body, I live my life and I'm happy with what I've made of the time we are on this earth, NOT many regrets. Hugs Aces xo

november13
I dont remember mind burning, they werent close enough to the pee stream. But did you touch them? Did they hurt or itch?

I don't remember them hurting or itching. What did the doctor say? Did he/she confirm it was herpes? If not, has it been long enough to get a blood test and find out? If I were you, I'd find out for sure this way to make sure I'm not worrying about nothing.

But if it is herpes, having a mild outbreak like that is definitely normal. They say something like 80% of people with herpes don't know they have it because either they are completely asymptomatic or because they had such a mild outbreak that they didn't know what it was. If this is the case for you (& especially if it's gHSV1), it's quite likely that you may never have another outbreak again or you will have very few (and they will be even more mild!).

Yvii19
Sweetheart you know your body right? No one walks in your shoes but you, so don't let other's opinions get to you. I have ppl daily question one thing or another about my situation, my response is "here's a quarter call someone who gives a damn" I know my body, I live my life and I'm happy with what I've made of the time we are on this earth, NOT many regrets. Hugs Aces xo

I'll try not too, and thank you for your responses, they're very helpful and kind compared to others I got on another support group. :)

Yvii19
I don't remember them hurting or itching. What did the doctor say? Did he/she confirm it was herpes? If not, has it been long enough to get a blood test and find out? If I were you, I'd find out for sure this way to make sure I'm not worrying about nothing.

But if it is herpes, having a mild outbreak like that is definitely normal. They say something like 80% of people with herpes don't know they have it because either they are completely asymptomatic or because they had such a mild outbreak that they didn't know what it was. If this is the case for you (& especially if it's gHSV1), it's quite likely that you may never have another outbreak again or you will have very few (and they will be even more mild!).

Mine never hurt until after the doctor pop them to get the fluids, even then they hurt for max 5 minutes. The doctor said it was herpes, he just never said which one or the values of it. Either way, I still want to get a blood test just to fully confirm so I can fully come to terms with it. My doctor didn't even talk to me about what herpes is and anything. But anyways, I educated myself on the matter. And I hope it is type 1. And even if I don't have another outbreak, I can still transmit it to someone else right? And can it be transmmited by body fluids??

november13

Yeah, retesting sounds like it would bring you some peace, whatever the results are. I think knowing the type helps a lot with becoming educating about it.

Herpes is spread from skin-to-skin contact. This link is very helpful for explaining what that means: http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/sti-transmission-skin-skin-contact

You still can transmit it when you are shedding (no outbreak). Here is a link that shows the transmission rates during shedding are (depending on which type you have): http://herpesopportunity.com/downloads/herpes-opportunity-disclosure-handout.pdf