World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Serenity23

Sudden Recurrent Outbreaks

Serenity23

I was officially diagnosed with HSV-2 in August 2009 (about one year since what I believe to be my initial OB). The first few years were typical in the sense that I had about 4-5 outbreaks a year that were pretty painful. However, as the years have gone on, my outbreaks decreased to about 3 a year and relatively painless. Suddenly, I seem to be getting OBs most more frequently (2 OBs in November, one in December, and 2 in March). It is so frustrating! I don't understand why suddenly the rate of OBs seems to be increasing. I thought over time, OBs decreased and where more infrequent.

I am not taking any anti-viral meds (never have) and there have not been any significant changes in my exercise or diet routine. I have a lot of stress at work but I would be surprised if that was the reason.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation or have advice on controlling OBs?

Thanks!

Acesheart
I was officially diagnosed with HSV-2 in August 2009 (about one year since what I believe to be my initial OB). The first few years were typical in the sense that I had about 4-5 outbreaks a year that were pretty painful. However, as the years have gone on, my outbreaks decreased to about 3 a year and relatively painless. Suddenly, I seem to be getting OBs most more frequently (2 OBs in November, one in December, and 2 in March). It is so frustrating! I don't understand why suddenly the rate of OBs seems to be increasing. I thought over time, OBs decreased and where more infrequent.

I am not taking any anti-viral meds (never have) and there have not been any significant changes in my exercise or diet routine. I have a lot of stress at work but I would be surprised if that was the reason.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation or have advice on controlling OBs?

Thanks!

Has anything changed like, job, diet, family situation or extra stresses? Several things can factor into what releases outbreaks. Got my 2nd ob ever (23yrs after initial) and after daughter was getting ready to leave the home nest for college. I really had no ideas I was so anxious or stressed, but my body knew.