World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Bluevibes

Scratched my daughters back

Bluevibes

Before I found out I had this HSV1 on my genitals I was scratching my stomach and i do have sores on my stomach ...I remember my daughter asking me if I can scratch her upper back not sure how much longer after scratching my stomach I scratched her back and about a week later she had flu symptoms sore throat aches and congested and runny nose is it possible that I transferred the virus to her and also if I scratched her back would it then go down to her genitals ..almost 3 weeks later she's still sick congested and looks ill ..I had already taken her to the ER ..initially with a 103. Something fever they said it was the flu ..now she has what believes to be a blister on her mid back in so nervous please help!!

WilsoInAus

Not at all, your tummy sores are not herpes. You could not spread the virus this way. Your daughters symptoms are definitely not herpes related. All is good, no need to have any worries.

Bluevibes

I was diagnosed thru visual and a Herpes select test Hsv1 and Hsv 2 and tested positive for HsV 1 only..

blue84

Its hard to transfer from back to back ...i would just calm down i think your paranoid like i was when i found out ...i felt my dick was going to fall off ..But thats not case just stay calm and stuff will get better...its not like you can exposes your daugtehr than easy unless it was oral herpes ..but the faster your accepted it hun and you go back to normal life u be o ok ....it takes time for everyone some a few months others a few years ...but just think about it..its not going away its something we just live with it ...continue with are journey ..

WilsoInAus

Bluevibes, how do you know that what you have isn't a childhood oral HSV-1 infection?

Did you have the blood test at the same time as the visual inspection? What was your sexual history in the two weeks before the sores appearing?

Bluevibes
Bluevibes, how do you know that what you have isn't a childhood oral HSV-1 infection?

Did you have the blood test at the same time as the visual inspection? What was your sexual history in the two weeks before the sores appearing?

Bluevibes

I had no prior sex within the past 2 prior ) infact the last time I had sex was 7 years ago..and yes I did have a blood test at the same time I tested positive for HSV 1

Bluevibes

I had no prior sex within the past 2 prior ) infact the last time I had sex was 7 years ago..and yes I did have a blood test at the same time I tested positive for HSV 1

WilsoInAus

OK, to get this straight then...

You had no sex for a considerable period of time before you an outbreak of sores.

You presented to the doctor who said that looks like herpes.

No swab was taken.

A blood test was taken at this time and it turned out to be firmly positive for HSV-1.

If the above is all true, then it is quite likely you do not have a genital infection but an oral HSV-1 infection from childhood.

Bluevibes

Well I've been having I belive to be outbreaks for a few years ..now that I think about it and was always told it was yeast or BV and or ingrown hairs/itchy malaise ...but no swab taken ...if after all these years there's bo way I would have type 2 if it didn't show up on my IGg select type 1 /type 2 ? Would their be a possibility that if they swabbed it would be a type 2 that didn't show up on my test...I'm so nervous ..and also yes I must verify that what I have is not child hood cold sores type 1..?

Bluevibes

Thank you Wilson your feedback is always important to me..I apreciate this ..going to see a different OB gyn this week..my OB gyn that I had previously was sure it was type 2 since my outbreaks are constant but that was ruled out when I had the blood test ..

WilsoInAus

Constant outbreaks rules out HSV-1 pretty much too. Get a swab of the sores, but I would be thinking this isn't herpes at all.

Bluevibes
Constant outbreaks rules out HSV-1 pretty much too. Get a swab of the sores, but I would be thinking this isn't herpes at all.

So could it be a possibility that HSV 2 can show up in a swab? And not blood work you think after 7 yrs post exposure? Ive always had anxiety stress and depression prior to being diagnosed this has just made me 10x worse...

WilsoInAus

No, the blood test so long after possible sexual exposure means that you do not have HSV-2, that's certain.

The only uncertainty is where your HSV-1 is located. If you've ever had oral cold sores, that seals it, an oral infection. A genital infection would almost always show up at the time of primary infection. Hence unless you had a bad breakout 7 or more years ago 4 days after oral sex say, then it seems extremely unlikely you have genital herpes.

Your diagnosis as it were seems wrong. You most likely have had an oral infection most of your life and in reality just found out. No reason to suspect that you're any different from the 4 billion people on the planet with oral HSV-1... or that your next partner will not be among the 4 billion!

Bluevibes

Thanks Wilson I will be looking into this ..I appreciate it I was starting to panic again seems like I'm only at peace when I sleep ..