World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
iarias08

Very confused

iarias08

i was just told today by my Ob that I have heroes type 1 and 2. I can't help but feel ashamed hurt and distraught. I have a child and another on the way. I am very worried that I may have already given herpes to my first child. I feel like such a horrible person and I can't help but feel dirty. I'm also married and feel that my marriage is over. He was previously with someone who was diagnosed with herpes and he ended things with that person because he didn't want to risk his health. Now I feel that he may want to divorce me leaving me with my two kids alone. Which I think may be better so I don't get anyone sick. I'm so confused I don't know what to think or what to do. He knows I have type 1 but I was just told today I have type 2. Someone please help me

WilsoInAus

Can you get a copy of the full details of the results. You must have had the right testing for such a conclusion to be reached.

SheIsBlue

Hey iarias, welcome to the site. First of all, don't panic. Your children will be fine. I delivered two beautiful, healthy children and I have hsv2. Second, have you had any genital outbreaks? Sounds like you haven't and you might not. Best to tell your husband to get tested to find out his status too. Don't make any assumptions yet about him or your marriage. Also, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You didn't do anything wrong. You have a lot going on and you need to take it one day at a time. Try to keep that stress under control; it's not good for baby. Everything is going to be O.K. We are here to help you if you need us.

iarias08
Can you get a copy of the full details of the results. You must have had the right testing for such a conclusion to be reached.

My OB did blood work. I haven't yet seen the results. He called me over the phone and gave me the horrible news.

Acesheart
i was just told today by my Ob that I have heroes type 1 and 2. I can't help but feel ashamed hurt and distraught. I have a child and another on the way. I am very worried that I may have already given herpes to my first child. I feel like such a horrible person and I can't help but feel dirty. I'm also married and feel that my marriage is over. He was previously with someone who was diagnosed with herpes and he ended things with that person because he didn't want to risk his health. Now I feel that he may want to divorce me leaving me with my two kids alone. Which I think may be better so I don't get anyone sick. I'm so confused I don't know what to think or what to do. He knows I have type 1 but I was just told today I have type 2. Someone please help me

Has he tested too? I too am married and have a healthy daughter.

iarias08
Hey iarias, welcome to the site. First of all, don't panic. Your children will be fine. I delivered two beautiful, healthy children and I have hsv2. Second, have you had any genital outbreaks? Sounds like you haven't and you might not. Best to tell your husband to get tested to find out his status too. Don't make any assumptions yet about him or your marriage. Also, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You didn't do anything wrong. You have a lot going on and you need to take it one day at a time. Try to keep that stress under control; it's not good for baby. Everything is going to be O.K. We are here to help you if you need us.

No I have never had any cold sores or any genital outbreaks. No pain of any sort but have had some discomfort. He was tested about a year ago and came back clean. I haven't been with anyone since we started dating and certainly not after we got married. So I don't know exactly how this happened. I don't want to think he was unfaithful or got it from the previous person he was with and was just too soon to be diagnosed.

WilsoInAus

Ring back and get a full copy of the results. There are so many incorrect tests and false positives.

iarias08
Has he tested too? I too am married and have a healthy daughter.

He tested well over a year ago when he was with his previous partner. And nothing showed on his results

iarias08

False positives? I'll ask for the results. I'm in my last month of pregnancy and was prescribed Valtrex to take so I wouldn't pass it along to my newborn. It's just so much to deal with.

WilsoInAus

Goodness, testing can become inaccurate during pregnancy. Of course take the Valtrex as prescribed but do not accept the diagnosis without ensuring the evidence supports this.

Acesheart
He tested well over a year ago when he was with his previous partner. And nothing showed on his results

He should test again, herpes does stay dormant, mine did 23yrs and he recently was with person with herpes correct?

iarias08
He should test again, herpes does stay dormant, mine did 23yrs and he recently was with person with herpes correct?

About a year and some months ago.

Acesheart
False positives? I'll ask for the results. I'm in my last month of pregnancy and was prescribed Valtrex to take so I wouldn't pass it along to my newborn. It's just so much to deal with.

I took Acyclovir during my entire pregnancy your baby and you will be fine.Try to get your results and try not to stress this, many of us here have had very

healthy and happy bouncing healthy babies. Take care, Aces xo

iarias08
Goodness, testing can become inaccurate during pregnancy. Of course take the Valtrex as prescribed but do not accept the diagnosis without ensuring the evidence supports this.

I'll definetely take the medication I don't want anything to affect my baby. The whole situation is just stressing me out.

WilsoInAus

There's no need for stress. Remember even if you have it, you didn't know because it has no or limited impact on you and that is likely to be the case forever.

joeer120

When you say, "he tested clean" is he sure he specifically asked to be tested for herpes? I've been with my doctor for over 15 years, thinking I was testing "clean" for std's just to find out they only test for chlamydia and ghonorria...

iarias08
When you say, "he tested clean" is he sure he specifically asked to be tested for herpes? I've been with my doctor for over 15 years, thinking I was testing "clean" for std's just to find out they only test for chlamydia and ghonorria...

He did a testing for herpes since that previous person was diagnosed with herpes. The female was diagnosed after they had already slept together. He ended things got tested before we started an intimate relationship as I did as well.

Acesheart
He did a testing for herpes since that previous person was diagnosed with herpes. The female was diagnosed after they had already slept together. He ended things got tested before we started an intimate relationship as I did as well.

May I ask if has copies of his test? It is just possible he wasn't tested properly. It is usually a specific test that must be done, but MOST all doctor's perform an IGM BLOOD TEST for new infections, this isn't very accurate test. The perfered test is IGG, it is more accurate but the doctor's won't do it unless you know to request it. My doctor refused to give me the IGG TEST stated I was cured since I'd had no outbreaks for 23yrs, he say my herpes died...He was just one in many ignorant doctor's that I've had. Take care honey Aces xo

iarias08
May I ask if has copies of his test? It is just possible he wasn't tested properly. It is usually a specific test that must be done, but MOST all doctor's perform an IGM BLOOD TEST for new infections, this isn't very accurate test. The perfered test is IGG, it is more accurate but the doctor's won't do it unless you know to request it. My doctor refused to give me the IGG TEST stated I was cured since I'd had no outbreaks for 23yrs, he say my herpes died...He was just one in many ignorant doctor's that I've had. Take care honey Aces xo

I would have to ask and see where he put the copies of the exam done.

I'm so frustrated with this. I'm scarred for life and can't do anything about it. I have been doing some reading on olive leaf extract. It is supposed to work and taking it with Valtrex will also help. I don't know if any of this is true. I have never had an outbreak so I don't know when to kiss my child. I just have been distant and it kills me because he is very affectionate with me.

Acesheart
I would have to ask and see where he put the copies of the exam done.

I'm so frustrated with this. I'm scarred for life and can't do anything about it. I have been doing some reading on olive leaf extract. It is supposed to work and taking it with Valtrex will also help. I don't know if any of this is true. I have never had an outbreak so I don't know when to kiss my child. I just have been distant and it kills me because he is very affectionate with me.

Hey sweety, have you thought of sending "butterfly kisses"? You make a kiss and send it to the child like a butterfly in your hands, he can catch it and send it back. You can kiss his hair and give big cuddly hugs, side hugs and hug him from behind. Please, don't put off these lovely affections to him. This is how children learn how to communicate their emotional feeling of love.

My husband father had oral h1, we never knew, when his face broke out from radiation and chemotherapy, we still let him kiss us, all the kids and babies and with these visible sores and no-one caught his herpes. He didn't know he had it, no one did. He had it decades is what we believed. But with his terminal Cancer taking him away from us, herpes could NOT have stopped the LOVE we showed and he returned. There are many ways to show your child how to show LOVE to another that don't involve kissing. Try to relax. Take care, Aces xo

TXsunshine

He should definitely be tested again and show you the actual results....do you trust him? Perhaps he's asymptomatic and is just assuming he's not carrying it since he's not had symptoms? But one can be asymptomatic for YEARS before anything pops up. Many have it and don't even know it. My SO had no idea and I've never seen him have a breakout but when we started dating I asked that we both get tested before becoming serious and he was positive for both: >5.o

I guess my yellow warning flags went up when you said this had happened to him before and he left her.

WilsoInAus

I think although the true status of past partners is of interest, in the end each individual either has the virus or they don't. Only their own testing will confirm which camp each individual is in.

Please get hold of your testing that apparently has a positive, it is the only way we can help you think about best next steps.

november13

If this guy is going to leave his wife and kid(s) over herpes, GOOD RIDDANCE!