World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Abby1414

Taken over by ulcers

Abby1414

Hi, I am 20 and recently diagnosed with herpes after being abstinate for sometime after a traumatic experience with someone I don't know well and chose to never communicate with after that night.

I self treated myself with Monistat bc I thought stds were out of the question and here I am now with LITERALLY 24 (that I can see when I take a picture) ULCERS.

I am in extreme pain which is dulling any emotional distress I may have. I am on acyclovir, Vicodin, and naproxen for inflammation.

The ulcers are large, yellow, and seeping. How many days will they stay in this stage before crusting over? Will they still hurt this bad after crusting over? Thanks in advanced everyone

Acesheart
Hi, I am 20 and recently diagnosed with herpes after being abstinate for sometime after a traumatic experience with someone I don't know well and chose to never communicate with after that night.

I self treated myself with Monistat bc I thought stds were out of the question and here I am now with LITERALLY 24 (that I can see when I take a picture) ULCERS.

I am in extreme pain which is dulling any emotional distress I may have. I am on acyclovir, Vicodin, and naproxen for inflammation.

The ulcers are large, yellow, and seeping. How many days will they stay in this stage before crusting over? Will they still hurt this bad after crusting over? Thanks in advanced everyone

Hey Abby, welcome sweetheart. Get some Epsom salts for the bath waters and add a cup of them to the tub of warm water. This loosens the dryed sores and scabs and gives relief from the itchiness and soreness. Get some Desitin Baby diaper rash cream , purple tube contains 40% zinc oxide, apply to areas after the soothing bath. You can also apply aloe vera gel since these sores feel like skin burns, it soothes this outbreak. Use baby wipes with Aloe in them. I understand what your going through as I too had anus and vaginal herpes that covered hole to hole. When you can let the area air dry. No panties just wear long shirt so you can get air to that area. I have Ghsv 2, and my initial outbreaks lasted months but taking the antivirals keep my herpes from getting worse. The pain pills worked, but I added Vitamin b12 complex (1500 mcg, mine is liquid just 2 dropperfulls a day) to that regime. I'd taken it before, but upped it when I got herpes. It reliefs stress, supports nerves health and gives much needed energy. Try to rest and drink plenty fluids , this dilutes the urine making the acids in the urine less harder on the affected area. The baby rash cream also repels the moisture from the ob. Plenty rest and if sleeping is hard get Melatonin , any pharmacy, it's natural and just one pill 3mg will help you achieve a good night's rest. So basically bath, apply cream, let air dry and get rest. Try NOT to stress as stresses are my biggest triggers, as it is for many. Taking that vitamin b12 works GREAT too :) . Take care honey. Hugs Aces xo

Fishlips

Please reach out to your healthcare provider. The can prescribe Lidocaine topical jelly which can be applied to numb the pain of the sores. A little goes a long way, but it will lessen the pain of the outbreaks, especially when you urinate. Also, try OTC Lysine, which can be bought for cheap at Walmart or any pharmacy. Valtrex or Acyclovir are a must. Start taking MVI. Before taking any medications, please consult with your doctor. Remember, trouble don't last always! You will get thru this painful stage. Oh, one more thing. Get some white, cotton underwear for outbreak days. You can bleach them to kill the virus and there are no dyes to further irritate your skin.

Abby1414

Thanks everyone. I had to make another ER visit after passing out from the pain. I have ulcers coating my labia minora and majora making urinating impossible. A folley catheter was required and so I'm now basically bed ridden until I'm healed enough to have the catheter removed.

As a collee student with exam approaching, I'm trying not to panic about so much missed class.

As for underwear, there's just no way haha. I'm in enough pain without any fabric to furth irritate down there.

My sores are still open and seeping (day 4 of this) will they crust over soon? And will I get any relief when that happens???

Thanks!

Acesheart
Thanks everyone. I had to make another ER visit after passing out from the pain. I have ulcers coating my labia minora and majora making urinating impossible. A folley catheter was required and so I'm now basically bed ridden until I'm healed enough to have the catheter removed.

As a collee student with exam approaching, I'm trying not to panic about so much missed class.

As for underwear, there's just no way haha. I'm in enough pain without any fabric to furth irritate down there.

My sores are still open and seeping (day 4 of this) will they crust over soon? And will I get any relief when that happens???

Thanks!

Yes they should start to heal but let me ask if you are using Acyclovir or Zorvirax cream? This antivirals cream can speed up the healing process. Lidocaine did NOT help me at all, not sure why, but taking ibuprofen helps with inflammation and relieves the pain. When you do get ready to wear underwear, coat a pantyliner with Baby diaper rash cream, Desitin Purple tube is good, this will keep the sores from sticking to your underwear. When you can go commando, No underwear, let the area air out since this does assist the healing process too. I'm sorry your in such pain and I understand about the college stresses too, my daughter's in college too, try NOT to stress this. Take this bedtime to study and get ready for these exams. I take, so does my girl, vitamin b12 complex for stress, nerve health and extra energy. Trust me this really works. Get some at any pharmacy. Take care sweetheart, good luck on your exams. Hugs Aces xo