World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Fishlips

Hello

Fishlips

Good morning. My name is Fishlips. I came upon this site by accident, but I joined to not only get support, but to also be supportive of others thru this journey. I look forward to developing friendships and being an encourager to those who are dealing with herpes.

Acesheart
Good morning. My name is Fishlips. I came upon this site by accident, but I joined to not only get support, but to also be supportive of others thru this journey. I look forward to developing friendships and being an encourager to those who are dealing with herpes.

Hey Fishlips, welcome honey. We have a lovely herpes library located at the top of this forum titled "OUR NETWORK" please read all you can. May I ask how were you diagnosed and what kind of testing was done? Did you learn your herpes type? Take care honey. Truly Aces xo

Fishlips

I was diagnosed about 20 years ago. I had just gotten married, my spouse had the affliction, but didn't let me know this before we had sex. I went to the bathroom and screamed due to pain. I was covered down there with blisters. It was confirmed thru blood test that I had HSV 1 on my southern parts. Now, I have coldsores in my mouth constantly and can feel them in my throat. I even get them on my face. Since my hysterectomy, the genital outbreaks have improved, but still pretty constant. I have had rejection after rejection from men after notifying them of my status. So, it makes it hard to date.

Anyway, thank you for the welcome.

Acesheart
I was diagnosed about 20 years ago. I had just gotten married, my spouse had the affliction, but didn't let me know this before we had sex. I went to the bathroom and screamed due to pain. I was covered down there with blisters. It was confirmed thru blood test that I had HSV 1 on my southern parts. Now, I have coldsores in my mouth constantly and can feel them in my throat. I even get them on my face. Since my hysterectomy, the genital outbreaks have improved, but still pretty constant. I have had rejection after rejection from men after notifying them of my status. So, it makes it hard to date.

Hey Fishlips, so you have oral and genital type 1? Well the longer you have this the less harsher it should become. I've had my Ghsv 2 for 28 yrs, I've only had 2outbreaks ever. Did you get a test for these cold sores in the facial location, could they be h2 ? It is harder to date after marriage with or without herpes, just plain hard period no matter we have. Today's society gives herpes stigma a bigger boost, when in fact with so many already having herpes and NOT knowing the chances that the potential partner having herpes is greater than ever. Plus factor into the scenario that no one wants to ask about a partner's sexual history we put ourselves at risk for many bigger issues. I'm happy you found us. Take care, Aces xo

hopefaith2015

Facial herpes?? What does it look like?