World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
arob

Finally someone thought maybe a new approach might work

arob

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-03/aeco-ehv030515.php

Anyone know the definition of insanity? It blew my mind that for however many decades now, researchers had been attempting to solve this huge problem by simply repeating the same failed attempts over and over. Maybe I misread this article but it seems that upon trying a new approach and thinking outside the box, viola! Ok so now that we have a baseline for something that actually appears to work well and doesnt harm the test subject let's put our bets down. Im gonna go with option one that theyll never get the funding to continue and this will fall into the void of nothingness. Option two, now that they've found something that actually works, the patent will be bought by a pharmaceutical company and shelved, never to see the light of day. Nice to see someone actually made some progress but I highly doubt we ll ever see this research used for an effective vaccine or cure. I really hate the human race sometimes, fuck this disease.

VVK

This has been posted before, but it is a very good article. There's definitely a long way to go yet but I think we'll see this in human trials someday.

Sufferingfriend

Sanofi is making a similar vaccine. A live virus that cannot replicate. They've also partnered with another biotech firm that has their own cutting edge technique, so they are testing two at the same time. But, all we know is they started development last year, and absolutely nothing else. I guess they are in the early stage, that is why? It seems strange.

But, fingers crossed this will be developed. The OP vaccine is extremely similar to the one they are going to develop. Same concept. And Sanofi is fully funding it, so that is the biggest hurdle. Good possibility that this will be the functional cure we are waiting for.

Shame that all these disgraceful sub unit vaccines keep sucking all the development money. Fingers crossed to hear some news from Sanofi, but it'll be a bit, but at least its happening.

Broken_14
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-03/aeco-ehv030515.php

Anyone know the definition of insanity? It blew my mind that for however many decades now, researchers had been attempting to solve this huge problem by simply repeating the same failed attempts over and over. Maybe I misread this article but it seems that upon trying a new approach and thinking outside the box, viola! Ok so now that we have a baseline for something that actually appears to work well and doesnt harm the test subject let's put our bets down. Im gonna go with option one that theyll never get the funding to continue and this will fall into the void of nothingness. Option two, now that they've found something that actually works, the patent will be bought by a pharmaceutical company and shelved, never to see the light of day. Nice to see someone actually made some progress but I highly doubt we ll ever see this research used for an effective vaccine or cure. I really hate the human race sometimes, fuck this disease.

It won't cure those that are already infected. I've already called and asked them. Sign the petition.

Terrell
It won't cure those that are already infected. I've already called and asked them. Sign the petition.

Did you read it kills latent infected cells.

Broken_14
Did you read it kills latent infected cells.

I called them and they told me it was not a cure for those infected. That it was a preventive. Maybe whoever I talked too was wrong. Maybe I'll give them another call now but something needs to happen. We should have a cure already.

Please sign this petition

https://www.change.org/p/white-house-congress-provide-research-funding-and-allow-an-fda-fast-track

Terrell
I called them and they told me it was not a cure for those infected. That it was a preventive. Maybe whoever I talked too was wrong. Maybe I'll give them another call now but something needs to happen. We should have a cure already.

Please sign this petition

https://www.change.org/p/white-house-congress-provide-research-funding-and-allow-an-fda-fast-track

You are correct in respect to the mass amount of tax dollars input into hsv research GSK wasted millions on a non successful drug and that's tax dollars. We should have an eradicated cure.

Broken_14
You are correct in respect to the mass amount of tax dollars input into hsv research GSK wasted millions on a non successful drug and that's tax dollars. We should have an eradicated cure.

If people would support Todd Rider, Dr. Jacobs (if it's a cure), or actually stop looking at ways to suppress the damn virus and make more money from keeping us on medicine, then we would have a cure by now. DRACO has been being developed for 11 years. There is NO reason it shouldn't have been through clinical trials and why they keep saying "5 years" away. That's more time of our lives that goes by living with this damn nightmare. I'm so over it. I have emailed, messaged, and done everything I can to bring awareness to DRACO but no one wants to talk about it. It's sad. I'm tired of suffering in silence,

I'm tired of not being able to have a relationship. I just pray and hope ozone can rid my body like that doctor told me so I can get my freaking life back. I would do anything or allow anything to be done to me right now if I knew it would cure me.

Terrell
If people would support Todd Rider, Dr. Jacobs (if it's a cure), or actually stop looking at ways to suppress the damn virus and make more money from keeping us on medicine, then we would have a cure by now. DRACO has been being developed for 11 years. There is NO reason it shouldn't have been through clinical trials and why they keep saying "5 years" away. That's more time of our lives that goes by living with this damn nightmare. I'm so over it. I have emailed, messaged, and done everything I can to bring awareness to DRACO but no one wants to talk about it. It's sad. I'm tired of suffering in silence,

I'm tired of not being able to have a relationship. I just pray and hope ozone can rid my body like that doctor told me so I can get my freaking life back. I would do anything or allow anything to be done to me right now if I knew it would cure me.

What is ozone?

JBnATL
I'm tired of suffering in silence,

I'm tired of not being able to have a relationship.

Unless you have a permanent outbreak there is no reason why you can't be in a relationship. I have had this virus many years and have been in several relationships and the virus was never a problem. There is a great section of this website called "The Secret to our Success", it is full of great stories from people who thought no one would want them and ended up finding someone who did not care.

Do you now how many other viruses you have in your body right now? And not all of them are harmful. I saw a segment on 60 minutes last night where they are using the polio virus to kill brain tumors. The flu virus kills 30,000 people a year, so next to that this is nothing.

JB

Broken_14
Unless you have a permanent outbreak there is no reason why you can't be in a relationship. I have had this virus many years and have been in several relationships and the virus was never a problem. There is a great section of this website called "The Secret to our Success", it is full of great stories from people who thought no one would want them and ended up finding someone who did not care.

Do you now how many other viruses you have in your body right now? And not all of them are harmful. I saw a segment on 60 minutes last night where they are using the polio virus to kill brain tumors. The flu virus kills 30,000 people a year, so next to that this is nothing.

JB

That's even more of a reason why DRACO should be tested and fast tracked so no one has to die due to the flu

achang28

I hate to say it, but from an "ongoing concern" standpoint, it doesn't make sense to produce a cure of any sorts to eradicate or permanently disable this virus, or any other virus that doesn't physically kill us. And I'm one of the (reportedly) few people who develop some pretty fucked up conditions after contracted HSV-1. I don't think there is anyone else in a more desperate position to call for a cure; however common sense regarding how we as humans behave should tell us that many obstacles should get in the way of any cure arriving, irrespective of challenges purely having to do with the viruses themselves, eg lab work and it's failures

Broken_14
I hate to say it, but from an "ongoing concern" standpoint, it doesn't make sense to produce a cure of any sorts to eradicate or permanently disable this virus, or any other virus that doesn't physically kill us. And I'm one of the (reportedly) few people who develop some pretty fucked up conditions after contracted HSV-1. I don't think there is anyone else in a more desperate position to call for a cure; however common sense regarding how we as humans behave should tell us that many obstacles should get in the way of any cure arriving, irrespective of challenges purely having to do with the viruses themselves, eg lab work and it's failures

I called a hospital where I live at and told them about DRACO and one of the doctors actually help create the vaccine for shingles. The lady that works for him waa going to gather information about DRACO and Todd Rider and pass it on to the doctor. It could be a step in the right direction. While some people may not care if there or a cure or not, I know there a millions of people like myself that do. So, I'm going to fight.

achang28

Cynicism aside (which I believe bares consideration), I will/have to continue fighting myself as well. My condition is fundamentally different than this who express little to no health issues given that they are said to have HSV

Broken_14
Cynicism aside (which I believe bares consideration), I will/have to continue fighting myself as well. My condition is fundamentally different than this who express little to no health issues given that they are said to have HSV

The more people fight, the better chances our voices will be heard. I can't sit back and just accept this is my life. I believe I've made the correct steps by contacting that hospital since the doctor actually created the shingles vaccine which is part of the herpes family. And I also contacted The University of Washington about it as well.