World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
eronius

Hello, new one here

eronius

Hi everyone. Newly diagnosed, 47 year old woman. My sores showed up about 2 weeks ago, but they never developed into sores, they were just 4 bumps. I thought they were shaving bumps, no big deal. However, what clued me in was the flu like symptoms I developed 2 days later, sick as a dog I was in pain from head to toes. I got scared because I had just met a guy ,drank too much and we had sex. I wasnt planning on it, hell I didnt even shave my legs LOL, but it happened. Anyway, when I went to dr, he looked at the bumps and was convinced it wasnt herpes, but took culture and blood work to be sure,sent me home with a dx of folliculitis. My bumps went away pretty quickly after that so I didnt think much more ab out it. Well, last week I developed a sore on my anus(eww I know), however I thought it was hemmorroids acting up. Ive had 2 kids, and have them, its a reality of life for us women :( anyway, long story short I called my obgyn a few days ago to make an appt to look at my hemmorroid and also to get my blood work back. SHOCK! My blood tested positive for genital herpes!!!!!!:eek:

So now Im going throug all the emotions of the newly diagnosed. I told the guy that I had the encounter with and he is acting as if its my fault....... Im pretty depressed right now.

VVK

Hi eronius. The guy's reaction isn't unusual.. denial is a go-to defense mechanism for many people. When you tested, did you get a confirmation of HSV-1 or HSV-2? Was the culture positive and bloodwork positive as well? Do you know if the bloodwork was IgM or IgG testing? If it was IgG and positive, then that may suggest a historical infection that happened a while ago and maybe hasn't surfaced until now. However, most doctor's offices will go with IgM testing.

eronius
Hi eronius. The guy's reaction isn't unusual.. denial is a go-to defense mechanism for many people. When you tested, did you get a confirmation of HSV-1 or HSV-2? Was the culture positive and bloodwork positive as well? Do you know if the bloodwork was IgM or IgG testing? If it was IgG and positive, then that may suggest a historical infection that happened a while ago and maybe hasn't surfaced until now. However, most doctor's offices will go with IgM testing.

Hi, Im not really sure, but I plan to call on Monday and ask those questions. Now that Im alittle more knowledgeable, I will know what to ask. Thank you!

eronius

Hi, Im not really sure, but I plan to call on Monday and ask those questions. Now that Im alittle more knowledgeable, I will know what to ask. Thank you!

Acesheart

Check out our herpes facts in the library titled "OUR NETWORK" located at the top of this forum. :)