World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Calmmedown

No obs

Calmmedown

Should I take Valtrex even if I don't have outbreaks? I was just diagnosed Friday and was prescribed it just in case. I haven't had any outbreaks and by reading some threads the anticipation scares me. I took one today bc I figured it might lessen the possibility of outbreaks in the future. Any suggestions?

Bluevibes

So if you know for sure you have type 1 and 2 ..you can start suppressing taking I belive its 1 a day make sure you ask the dr..I heard the 1st outbreak for 2 is a little tough..

Calmmedown

How long do you think I've had the virus even though I don't have any symptoms?

Bluevibes

I think by the Herpes select test they can tell ..did they give you your results already? There a bunch of numbers/values? If so post your results on here and the people with much experience here will be able to help you read the results to let you know how long you've had it

Bluevibes

We're you tested? If you have had no outbreaks how did they find out you have both types? Visual?

joeer120

I tested positive to 1 and 2 in December. I didn't know I had it since I never had an obvious ob... I've been with my current boyfriend for 5 years. He's negative. So all I know i have had it for 5+ years since I do not know who my giver was... Either my ex husband, whom I was married to for 11+ years or the other two men I had sex with after... Since I have not have obs my doctor doesn't think I should take "drugs" for something that it is not affecting me. I spoke to Terri Warren, and she said that there can be a possibility that my boyfriend can still get it but it is less of a chance since he hasn't/didn't get HSV-2 when he was first with me since before knowing, we had never used protection...

Bluevibes

That's good insight I been having outbreaks or I feel all the symptoms of one just not the actual outbreak going to start on suppressive daily..

Calmmedown

I was tested on March 20th. The results states:

HSV 2 IGG type specific AB >5.00

HSV1 IGG type specific AB >5.00

That's all the numbers I have on it.

The first day I was depressed and cried myself to sleep. I was so embarrassed and blamed myself for what happened to me. I still haven't told any of my close friends and don't think I can right now. On the bright side it seems like a blessing bc now I realize that my body is precious and that I shouldn't be sharing it with anyone. I've tried to tell the guys I've had sex with that I been feeling funny and I went to get tested. The only thing they said was that "we didn't have unprotected sex"! Obviously they don't know about skin to skin contact.

I'm glad I found this website bc I can educate myself and others about this virus. Also I have a close coworker (whose like my second mother) who shared to me that she has it. Never did I question her about it bc I didn't know what it was and how it affects you. Now we can talk about it together and we can support each other.

Thank you all for the support and hopefully I can support someone else who feels like their life is over bc it's not. I feel like it's more mental than physical.