World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
cheeser

HSV or something else?

cheeser

Hi,

I'd like a little advice on this. About a week ago I noticed an uncomfortable red pimple. It seemed to expand into a red disc. I thought maybe it was thrush so used some cream but that didnt help. A couple of parts of it became ulcerated and pussed a bit and when I cleaned with antiseptic there as a little blood. I was wondering if it could be herpes. Other theories I have are chancroid or maybe just an insect bite that got infected?

The red disc is about 1cm in diameter and about 3-4cm above the base of the penis in the middle of the lower abdomen.

TheBoz

Go to a Dr. and have it tested - it could be anything (viral, bacterial, fungal, auto-immune - the treatment for each is different and guessing wrong can make it worse) . . .

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • viralfrog
      I would not be the first one, plenty of others here on the forum who get recurrent OBs despite heavy doses of antivirals. The blisters appear exactly in/around the spot where I had my first OB 4 years ago, plus all the symptoms I have are those commonly described as HSV-2 symptoms. In my opinion, it's a clear case.  But your suggestion is definitely an option that should not be ruled out. I'll wait until I get a bad enough OB again so I can go get another swab test. The outbreak needs to be bad enough to be able to break the blisters to get the liquid from inside right? I recall hearing something like this when I got tested years ago. The doctor used a swab that had tiny needles on it that would pop the blisters open. Do you know if this is right, i.e. you will not get a positive swab just from a mild OB / redness? 
    • jreemi
      90% elimination of the latent virus in thr ganglia probably will be a functional cure. Sure the small remaining amount can reactivate, but thete is a viral load threshhold for transmission. More than likely that won't be enough to cause transmission, or enough shedding for transmission. Damage enough of the latent virus and we are good to go. There is already a Crispr trial on humans going on right now https://newatlas.com/crispr-trial-underway-vertex-gene-therapy/58643/ So we are just waiting on Keith Jerome's lab and Excision Biotherapeutics to begin their trials. I've beem following Crispr for years now, and it keeps gettimg more accurate. I believe researchers at Duke have recently made a big breakthrough on accuracy, by changing the level of regulation instead of cutting DNA. I wonder if these labs collaborate with others such as Jerome's?
    • WilsoInAus
      No need to be tired at all, I'm sorry of you cannot accept the facts surrounding testing, but here they are. Your note is full of inaccuracies so let's iron those out. I don't need you to believe anything, I am just putting the facts out there. Here's a few studies: https://jcm.asm.org/content/37/5/1632 Here we have 29 patients with recent HSV-2 infection... 100% turned positive, 0% false negatives. https://jcm.asm.org/content/36/3/845/figures-only Here we have over 1,000 positive samples from people who have swabbed positive and compared to three different blood tests - over 95% accurate. https://jcm.asm.org/content/26/4/662?ijkey=9ebe349f98ed94f019ed788604c8fa19864a2c7e&keytype2=tf_ipsecsha Here we have 76 people who swabbed positive, the Westernblot detected 99% and an immunoblot 96%. Can you elaborate what is vague about these items of research. I'm sure now you'll want to review the references to these papers where you'll find even more. Some of them are in easy text for the beginner. So you stand corrected, it is in fact your comments that are spreading misinformation. That is not tolerated on this website. Also what nonsense that people do not get lesions to swab upon infection? Where did you read that? Hello Dolly? I'm afraid it is back to the books for you to do some more research before having such a rambunctious spew like above. STOP IT - we are all tired of your unsubstantiated drivel. This is 2019 we want something tangible, something real, something sound and wholesome and not drooling rants equal of the park bench antics of the drunks at 2am Sunday morning! I will NEVER stop because no matter how immature, how bombastic, how fantastic, how inaccurate, how frivolous, how false the spew that ends up on this website - the TRUTH will always be the light, the love, the guidance, the deliverance and the justice... no matter how many capitalised swear words are thrown!
    • Talx2520
      I took an IgG blood test 6 months after the episode. HSV-2 was negative (less than .91) and HSV-1 was high at 3.18
    • RainyDay2
      My comment was about THE BLOOD TEST!  You’re 95-100% accuracy for it?  Garbage.  Pure garbage.  You might as well have pulled that number out of your ass. Google search HIV accuracy... almost every medical site will tell you 4th generation HIV testing is as close to 99.9% percent you can possibly get after a certain period of elapsed time.  They will pretty much GUARANTEE you that you are indeed negative if you have a negative test. That defined certainty of accuracy WILL NOT AND CAN NOT be found for HSV blood tests.  You get vague descriptions of it’s accuracy from almost every site you visit.  NO CERTAINTIES.  Thousands of us on these forums KNOW the test isn’t accurate. When your score is between 1.1 and 3.5, this could be a false positive.  Certain sites list almost 1 in 2 tests can be false positives.  50 fucking percent!! And you want me to believe the test is 95-100% accurate? How come so many sites also seem to dance around the possibility of false negatives?   All that isn’t necessary in HIV testing.  Because if YOU DO get a low positive, the confirmatory HIV test checks for the actual VIRUS in your system.   And there are almost NO FALSE NEGATIVES.    NO HSV BLOOD TEST CAN DO THAT! Not even the Western Blot.  At the end of the day, it’s just a more detailed look at antibodies.  And many sites will tell you a “small” number of people may never develop. How small are we talking???? That can be any number.   Trash. And again, a large margin of people with herpes DO NOT GET LESIONS to be swabbed.  Google tells you that.  If majority of herpes infected have nothing to swab,  well that pretty much makes PCRs and cultures worthless for the most part doesn’t it?  If there is nothing to swab after a year, in your words, you are clear of herpes. BULLSHIT! So Wilso, just stop it.  You have never done scientific testing in a lab yourself on herpes. You are not a doctor.  You are constantly telling people false information.  Assuring them of promises you have no authority to make.  I’ve seen you do it time and time again.  Do you have regrets???????????  Im tired of your lies.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.