World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
curious2know

Very brief oral sex w/ cold sore then genital sex

curious2know

Hey, I wanted some opinions. I had very, very brief oral sex with my bf. It was probably less than 5 seconds because I realized I had a fever blister and I should not do that and then since that couldn't continue we went on to have genitial sex. So my worry is the likelihood of it turning to genitial herpes for the both of us or either. He does not have Herpes type 1, at least not that we are currently aware of. Been with him almost 4 years and never experienced him have an oral outbreak, while I have had many. So I'm just a little concerned because I would prefer that neither of us break out in that sacred area.

WilsoInAus

You cannot practically become infected genitally given an established oral infection. The chances of you infecting him are very small, maybe 1% each year of sex to his genitals.

If it happens though, there is nothing about the genital area that is less sacred than other body parts or is it less sacred simply because HSV causes an outbreak now and again.