World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
THETASH92

GHSV1 OUTBREAK RECURRENCES - NEWLY DIAGNOSED

THETASH92

Hey I had my first GHSV1 outbreak 7 weeks ago... It went away after about 10 days but ever since I have had tingly feelings I've been to the doctors to get it checked out sayingI think I have an outbreak & both times they've said that there is nothing there... I've been on the medication but I can't get rid of the tingly feeling.. Is this normal?

Elle22

It may just take some time for your body to get symptoms under control. It takes about 3+ months on average for one's body to build up antibodies to deal with the virus.

THETASH92

Well I've had HSV1 in my test results for about 2 yrs now but my dr never seemed worried.. Just thought it would've been coldsores or something... I've never had either coldsores or an outbreak down there till February but I'm just scared that if I have protected sex with a clean guy that they might end up with it because I don't know if I'm having an outbreak or not.

SheIsBlue

Hey THETASH, welcome to the site. Yes, it is a tricky virus. It's normal for many of us to have tingling or burning often, but never actually have an outbreak. You could assume the virus is awake, so take precautions. Better safe than sorry.

THETASH92

Do you have GHSV1.. If so when you fist got it did you have recurring outbreaks more then normal? Thanks :)

SheIsBlue

I have hsv2 and have regular outbreaks b/c I live a very busy, stressful life. Since this virus affects everyone differently, there is no normal. Some people never get outbreaks and some get many. Outbreaks may be caused by lots of stress, improper diet, illness or even lack of sleep. Each of us has to learn how to keep the virus quiet in our own bodies and many members here take antivirals for that purpose or vitamin supplements to boost our immune system.

november13

Hi, I have gHSV1 too and was itchy/tingly down there on and off for the first couple months. (I've now had it for 6 months.) I haven't had another ob but always worry that is what's going on when I feel an itch or something down there. It (itchiness, etc.) happened one more time recently (I went on a trip so maybe my immune system lowered) but no ob came of it; it could be related or unrelated--it's hard to say.

What has really helped me is using tea tree oil. I put a couple drops on a q-tip and put it down there when I feel something and it goes away immediately. I also use tea tree oil soap and a spray of this every day: https://www.desertessence.com/store/relief-spray. Everything feels fine now. Good luck!