World's Largest Herpes Support Group

Sign in to follow this  
stillsearching56

Rectal herpes. I have rectal fissures or sores that never go away. I am giving up.

stillsearching56

New fissure/sore appears. One goes away and a new one appears. It never goes away. Any suggestions. Please!

JBnATL

How long has this been happening? If it is herpes, it will eventually go away.

Have you been diagnosed by a doctor? If so, did they give you antivirals? That is the best thing you can take for this virus to help with healing.

Good luck!

JB

stillsearching56

It has been happening for 6-7 months now. I have extreme pain going to the bathroom. It feels like I have cuts. and I tested positive for herpes. I take valtrex everyday. it helps but the cuts never entirely go away. They feel like cuts but i cant see them. A new one appears everyday. I am so confused. The pain is unbearable.

stillsearching56
How long has this been happening? If it is herpes, it will eventually go away.

Have you been diagnosed by a doctor? If so, did they give you antivirals? That is the best thing you can take for this virus to help with healing.

Good luck!

JB

It's been occuring for 6-7 months. I take valtrex everyday. It helps but one or two cuts will remain.

Once those heal new ones appear. I have no idea what it is causing it. Most likely herpes since I tested postive.

Kurdt01

I dealt with this for years....The only things I've found that help are Sitz Baths (twice a day for months but it will help, it can at least prevent the skin from breaking down to the point of no return) Also, wiping with Purell after Bowell movements. Lots of Fruits and Vegetables in Diet. It's really hard to get that area under control but it can be done.

ditzy-petal

I am having a similar issue, I have had constant breakouts since october, its all down below. I just cant get rid of it. To top it all of, I went to the doctors and he said we cant just keep giving you medication and that he does not know what to do and that I need to go to the gum clinic, even though I explained that I had already been and all they said was that they could give me the same medication thats not working.

Just cant cope with it any more

Kurdt01
I am having a similar issue, I have had constant breakouts since october, its all down below. I just cant get rid of it. To top it all of, I went to the doctors and he said we cant just keep giving you medication and that he does not know what to do and that I need to go to the gum clinic, even though I explained that I had already been and all they said was that they could give me the same medication thats not working.

Just cant cope with it any more

You might talk to your doctor about topical Foscarnet or Cidofovir. Both have to be made by a compounding pharmacy and can be expensive if you don't have insurance. Once my ass was past the point of no return due to chronic OB's but Foscarnet healed it. Regular Sitz baths do help keep things in check now. I've never found anything that actually stops OB's unfortunately. Have hope though, I think there's light at the end of this tunnel yet. Maybe another 5 years or so and won't have to worry about this anymore.

ditzy-petal

Thank you for your reply and advice. I live in Scotland and its so difficult as they claim the only medication they have is aciclovir. I have just moved doctors as the last one was so bad and had no idea. So I will ask about those creams as I am booking an appointment with my new doctors this week. The knowledge people have here is so little. I really thank you for your advice. I hope that in 5 years to

Demeter

Just wanted to give an empathy fist bump. I have GHSV1, and the outbreak was in that area too. It was AGONY. I was very lucky and my GP agreed to prescribe me suppressive Valtrex, because I just could not bear that to be an ongoing/recurring situation.

ditzy-petal

Thank you very much, its so horrible. Ive had it for about 3 years. The first time I was in hospital with a catheter because I couldn't even pee. Then I was fine for ages. But now I cant get rid of it. Aciclovir is not working anyway. Good thing though is I have found a website that sells valtrex. Ive not tried that one. So I am going to buy it myself since the gp wont give me it as they only know aciclovir is in there book. But thank you so much

GntiNh

Valtrez is available on the nhs, it's on the drug list but it's a hundred times more expensive than acyclovir so it's a case of having to show that it is the best drug for you. You could try getting a referral (but again these cost the gp practice) as cuts etc are prone to infections. Good luck

ditzy-petal

Thank you, the doctors here are just telling me lies so they don't have to or they probably don't even know. I have been calling and going to the doctors since October. I've just bought some myself. It's from med.com. so fingers crossed it works. Thank you very much for you help

CraigL82

I tried everything from the GP but it was Famciclovir that changed my partnership with herpes.

Soconfused2
On 4/25/2015 at 3:04 PM, stillsearching56 said:

It has been happening for 6-7 months now. I have extreme pain going to the bathroom. It feels like I have cuts. and I tested positive for herpes. I take valtrex everyday. it helps but the cuts never entirely go away. They feel like cuts but i cant see them. A new one appears everyday. I am so confused. The pain is unbearable.

Damn i wish this wasn't so long ago! Im going through same thing!!! Its been 1 1/2 years ive had the same fissure, I've taken valtrex before but doesn't really go away and usually just makes it worse! Now i have like 4 big cuts. Nothings healing im so tired of this :(

DrearyDaysAhead

I have this issue too. The last one took almost 4 weeks to heal. (That's long for me) I felt like it wasn't going to heal. I usually put coconut oil on it but this time it didn’t work so I put coconut oil with tea tree oil and it finally healed. 

If it's a true fissure I've heard of people getting botox down there. If tea tree oil doesn't help, I'd suggest asking a Dr about botox for fissures. Good luck- it's a tough thing to deal with! 

LillianPanos

Coconut oil and tea tree oil combined works for me too

22 hours ago, DrearyDaysAhead said:

I have this issue too. The last one took almost 4 weeks to heal. (That's long for me) I felt like it wasn't going to heal. I usually put coconut oil on it but this time it didn’t work so I put coconut oil with tea tree oil and it finally healed. 

If it's a true fissure I've heard of people getting botox down there. If tea tree oil doesn't help, I'd suggest asking a Dr about botox for fissures. Good luck- it's a tough thing to deal with! 

Sanguine108

Make an aloe gel drink/smoothie.

basically get an aloe plant.  use a qtr of the leaf/gel for a pint's worth. ONLY USE THE GEL.  add a banana for flavor (bc it makes drinking the aloe easier) ...also, aloe leeches potassium so banana restores what's lost.   I'd leave it up to you as to whether you want to nurse it through the day or drink it all at once.   I like the little and often make much approach.

Aloe is amazing.  We're all familiar with putting aloe on a sunburn to cool it off.   But aloe actually helps tissue regenerate.  Check out NCBI of the National Institutes of Health has to say about aloe vera.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763764/

Healing properties: Glucomannan, a mannose-rich polysaccharide, and gibberellin, a growth hormone, interacts with growth factor receptors on the fibroblast, thereby stimulating its activity and proliferation, which in turn significantly increases collagen synthesis after topical and oral Aloe vera.9 Aloe gel not only increased collagen content of the wound but also changed collagen composition (more type III) and increased the degree of collagen cross linking. Due to this, it accelerated wound contraction and increased the breaking strength of resulting scar tissue.10 An increased synthesis of hyaluronic acid and dermatan sulfate in the granulation tissue of a healing wound following oral or topical treatment has been reported.11

Anti-inflammatory action: Aloe vera inhibits the cyclooxygenase pathway and reduces prostaglandin E2 production from arachidonic acid. Recently, the novel anti-inflammatory compound called C-glucosyl chromone was isolated from gel extracts.8

Anti-inflammatory action: Aloe vera inhibits the cyclooxygenase pathway and reduces prostaglandin E2 production from arachidonic acid. Recently, the novel anti-inflammatory compound called C-glucosyl chromone was isolated from gel extracts.8...

A. Uses based on scientific evidence: These uses have been tested in humans or animals. Safety and effectiveness have not always been proven.

Conditions: Seborrheic dermatitis,24 psoriasis vulgaris,25,26 genital herpes,27,28 skin burns,5,29 diabetes (type 2),30 HIV infection,31 cancer prevention,32,33 ulcerative colitis34 wound healing (results of aloe on wound healing are mixed with some studies reporting positive results35 and others showing no benefit36 or potential worsening37,38 ), pressure ulcers,36 mucositis,39 radiation dermatitis,40 acne vulgaris,41 lichen planus,42 frostbite,43 aphthous stomatitis,44 and constipation.17

Honey7575

Could anyone get relieve from recurrent anal crakcs?

limonpie

@Honey7575 I´m also looking for relieve, I´m having non stop OB in my anal crack, since may 12. I´m on acyclovir, and maybe tomorrow i´ll start valtrex, but the way i´ve 3-4 OB a month. And I had anal fissure surgery on November, so i´m scary to have other fissure again, is too painfull. My doctor prescribed me Hadensa suppository, I havent bought it yet, I´ll tomorrow. 

Kurdt01

3 prunes every morning and a sitz bath twice a day. 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night. You can add epsom salts to it if you want though just warm water is effective.