World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
sedona1

This is working for me, Siberian Ginseng!

sedona1

Hi everyone i wrote a post a while back now about my experience with hsv2 called 5yrs+ and some solution. I have been using siberian ginseng for 9 months now and it is working for me. I used to have outbreaks at least once or twice a month and tried everything to no avail. This works for me and a few of you said you were going to try it. I wondered if it has helped anyone else also.

In the time that i have been using it i have had probably a third of the outbreaks that i used to have and none for 4-5 months now.

It took a while to build in my system so for a while i had outbreaks but they decreased in amount and severity. Alot of factors can define how the virus works but i just wanted to share what helped me as there was a time where it ruled my life and left me feeling like it wasnt worth living.

I would love to hear from people that have tried it wether or not it worked or not.

Thanks for reading and i hope it helps.

sedona1

May i also add that it was the tincture and not the tablets that helped as the tincture has a better quality of concentrated ingredients!!

Caliope

It helps me

After you told us about the Siberian Ginseng I went and got some right away. I didn't get the tincture but I got some capsuls and started taking them in June. I'm on a 2 week break from them right now but I think that they help me quite a bit.

I admit I take a lot of vitamins and I still take Famvir but about a month ago I started to really feel better overall and I am sure the Ginseng is one of the reasons even though it had only been a month of using it.

As for my whole regime I started many new healthy choices in January and it took 6 full months for me to realize the benefits but the biggest thing is how I feel mentally. I have had stress but I'm better at dealing with it and I feel energetic.

Thanks for the recommendation.

sedona1

The siberian ginseng is great at working on the stress hormone and balances it out. Im glad it helps.

sedona1

its a concentrated liquid that comes in a small bottle, usually with a dropper for easy measurement. Try it!!

kurious

Where can you buy Siberian Ginseng ? I get all my vitamins and herbs from Wal Mart or Walgreens

Caliope

I got my capsuls at the health food store but I noticed that my local grocery also carries it. It may be carried at GNC as well. I don't know about Wal-Mart or Walgreens.

The brand name I purchased is Natures Way but I've also seen it from Solaray. I will probably purchase the Solaray the next time as I am more confident about their products.

I did not have an easy time finding tinctures and I purchase the capsuls as opposed to the pills. You can use the capsuls to prepare it as a tea by opening them and adding to hot water.

kurious

I have several bottles of Natures Way herbs so I'm familiar with them.I will be on the look out for the Siberian Ginseng though.

bluefrog

I searched siberian ginseng on line and you can get it in all forms. Just make sure you are aware of the side effects. One of the side effects is possible high blood pressure. I was going to order this, but when I read that I immediately changed my mind. I do not want to have to take meds for my blood pressure (at least yet in my life) especially since I take 10-13 vitamins/herbs each day. Also, the web site I was on stated that you take this ginseng for a period of time, then stop taking it for 2-3 weeks.

Caliope

blood pressure

Bluefrog, I also read about risks for high blood pressure with the Siberian Ginseng and I recall that it was only a risk in combination with a specific other rx or herb.

Since beginning to take it I have had my blood pressure taken and it did not effect it at all. In fact the nurse commented on what wonderful low blood pressure I had and I was somewhat stressed that day. go figure.

I am currently on a two week break from the SG as recommended.

bzz

I tried it for about 4 weeks. I noticed my sleeping patterns had changed, where I began to abruptly wake up at 5:30am, instead of my normal 7am. I also felt a little "on edge". I stopped taking the capsules last week so I could get some sleep again!

I don't know if it did anything for the outbreaks though, as I believe 4 weeks is too short of a trial time. Will try again in a few weeks.

sedona1

about the siberian ginseng

With the siberian ginseng you are all correct that it can cause sleeplessness and higher blood pressure but this all evens out over time and it is also reccommended that you build up the amount you take slowly to allow your body to adjust. It is nothing bad but what a powerful herb this is.

Caliope

Just because I was curious I picked up the book "Eat Right 4 Your Type" and it says in there that people who are blood type "B", which I am, benefit greatly from Siberian Ginseng. When I read that I thought wow how timely and maybe this is why I had only positive effects from it. I jumped right in to taking 3 capsuls a day for 2 months straight.

Sedona, do all the tinctures contain alcohol? I haven't found it in any of my local stores but I really hate tinctures and am pretty happy with the capsuls. I understand about it being a better source but I really prefer the caps if they all have alcohol.

sedona1

Im not sure if all the tinctures contain alcohol but mine does yes. I didnt find any problems with it either. I just add mine to water and drink it quick, it tastes kinda sweet. Im glad it seems to be of benefit for you. Are you aware though that like echinacea you have to have a one week break from it every six weeks? It took a while for my outbreaks to subside but they have now for 5 months, the longest ive ever had! So even if you get a surge of outbreaks please persevere with it and let me know how it is for you.

I feel that i want to tell everyone to try it as i have gone for 5 years now trying to find an answear and this is the closest i have ever got to one. Im just so sure it could help so many people so please continue to pass on your experience with it.

thankyou

sedona1

Oh i wanted to add that i also take a probiotic multi vitamin once a day also to keep my intestine healthy as that is what keeps the immune system strong along with lots of water. Probiotics can be found in live natural yoghurt as well.

Kurdt01

@sedona1 How long did you take it before you noticed a difference? I usually give things about 2 months...most don't work haha.

Quest

Thanks I have some in the cabinet it also helps the thyroid which in my case if my thyroid is not doing well, I will break out!