Poppy2345

He didn't tell me...I ended up pregnant

6 posts in this topic

As the title goes, bumped into an old but brief flame last year. Started to see each other, had protected sex then unprotected after asking him about having any stds. He said he didn't. Fast forward a couple of months and discover I'm pregnant after the contraceptive pill failed.

i told him I was pregnant and that's when he told me. He worded it in a way that sounded like he'd just found out about it. I told my midwife and she told md to visit a GUM clinic as I'm in the UK. They tested my bloods and I have HSV1 which I knew as I've suffered with cold sores since being a child. He has GHSV2. No antibodies were detected at 34 weeks after abstaining from sex from 16 weeks. I then realised he had this a good few years and just hadn't told me. I was so hurt and angry, I was now having a child by someone who put me at risk for his own satisfaction. Fast forward and I now have a beautiful healthy baby boy. 

i still am very hurt and he has chosen to return to his ex girlfriend as I ended the relationship when pregnant. He told the girlfriend and their relationship ended when we briefly got back together. I suppose I did this to be close to the father of my child and create a family unit. I'm scared I now have hsv2 as I have had burning down below for about 5 days. Went to the HUM Clinic and they swabbed and said its BV, no sores or lesions. Gave me antibiotics but I still feel discomfort. They only do blood tests ic you are pregnant. I don't know what to do!!

If you tested negative for hsv2 after 34 weeks then you don't have hsv2.  Even if he has it, it doesn't automatically mean you have it by having unprotected sex with him.  I have has ghsv2 for many years and have had a LOT of unprotected sex (their choice) with the women I have dated and have never passed it.  Did you know that since you already had hsv1 it is more difficult for you to get hsv2?  You have antibodies against that strain of the virus which will help prevent you from getting the other type.

I hope this loser is at least paying you child support.  You and your child are better off without him in your lives.

Good luck!

JB

7 minutes ago, JBnATL said:

If you tested negative for hsv2 after 34 weeks then you don't have hsv2.  Even if he has it, it doesn't automatically mean you have it by having unprotected sex with him.  I have has ghsv2 for many years and have had a LOT of unprotected sex (their choice) with the women I have dated and have never passed it.  Did you know that since you already had hsv1 it is more difficult for you to get hsv2?  You have antibodies against that strain of the virus which will help prevent you from getting the other type.

I hope this loser is at least paying you child support.  You and your child are better off without him in your lives.

Good luck!

JB

Thank you for your reply 

i did know that my hsv1 gives me some protection against type 2. My worry is that I've had sex with him since giving birth and I could of got it. He spun me the line that we could me a family. I'm stupid I know.

btw he's not paying child maintainance. To be honest I think I just want him out of our lives. Feel so bad for my son though

So thought I'd update

i had a bacterial infection aswell as thrush. I've still had the slight burning and went back to the GUM clinic. They couldn't see any sores and won't take blood to test.

ive been feeling a slight numb feeling in my bum area aswell as some back pain. I have been suffering with sciatica since before my baby was born but do you think these symptoms could be related to a herpes 2 infection? I'm going out of my mind with worry and am struggling to look after my older child and baby because of this!!

Hey Poppy! I agree with JB it looks more than likely to me that you do not have hsv. When I found it I was diagnosed by a blood test as I never had sores. Just prodrome symptoms (tingling, burning and redness). I have been lucky as I only had initial symptoms.I do know however that BV and thrush can mimic hsv. Take a Western Blot test (you can order a kit online I believe). This will provide you with a more accurate diagnosis. Also if it is hsv no big deal. You already have hsv1 as well which can provide protection against hsv2. Congrats on the babies! And good for you for getting out of an unhealthy relationship. Feel free to message me.

Much love,

kate

Buchy likes this

Hey Kate u sound like u know about this well. please can I talk to you. I have hsv 1 and scared to tell the one I love.