Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
JustHanginginThere

Asp2151 Japan update help?

Recommended Posts

JustHanginginThere

The end dates on the clinical trials show the Phase 3 trial should have ended mid this year. However, I can't see ASP2151 mentioned in Astellas's website under Pipleine Drugs. The latest news I found is below.

http://adisinsight.springer.com/drugs/800025919

Does anyone know the status? Can the savy investigators here write Mahuro (Japanese company conducting the trials or Astellas's) nd find out when trial results will be published and if they plan to commercialize the drug?

Although this will be in Japan it will be much more powerful than Valtrex as an inhibitor and will inhibit strains that are resistant to Valtrex (big deal). Hpi drugs have an entirely different mode of action. Basically we need this drug to come to market.

I hope it wasn't shelved due to toxicity.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elnino

I contacted Astellas this week by email and they said all of their trials for ASP2151 have been either completed or terminated. They are no longer developing the drug. 

I don't know what Maruho is planning to do with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JustHanginginThere
15 hours ago, elnino said:

I contacted Astellas this week by email and they said all of their trials for ASP2151 have been either completed or terminated. They are no longer developing the drug. 

I don't know what Maruho is planning to do with it. 

Yes the trials in U.S. were terminated and I think trials in Japan are completed. We want to know if anyone is going to bring the drug for approval?

Edited by JustHanginginThere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StayingUpbeat

Mum's been the word from Maruho. They have been holding and completing lots of trials but so far not released any data.  I really don't have a guess on this one.  Someone who speaks (and writes) Japanese should e-mail their media department and see what the story is.  ASP2151 is known as M5220 in their portfolio.

https://www.maruho.co.jp/english/contact/index.php?action_English_Contact_Lb=true

Edited by StayingUpbeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JustHanginginThere

Maruho wrote back. They stated that it takes time after trials are completed to post results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dont quit!
4 hours ago, JustHanginginThere said:

Maruho wrote back. They stated that it takes time after trials are completed to post results.

Very short answer. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voyager2

The pdf file

https://www.astellas.com/en/ir/library/pdf/2011_rd_en.pdf

seems to be from 2011 (!) and states

"We have decided to discontinue the development of asp2151 due to serious adverse events observed in a 28-day safety study."

But the link in the first post above indicates they completed a phase 3 trial on March 1, 2016. Maybe they decided to resume development of asp2151. Completing a phase 3 trial would be quite a milestone, no?

Something isn't adding up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@lw@ys
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:10 AM, Voyager2 said:

The pdf file

https://www.astellas.com/en/ir/library/pdf/2011_rd_en.pdf

seems to be from 2011 (!) and states

"We have decided to discontinue the development of asp2151 due to serious adverse events observed in a 28-day safety study."

But the link in the first post above indicates they completed a phase 3 trial on March 1, 2016. Maybe they decided to resume development of asp2151. Completing a phase 3 trial would be quite a milestone, no?

Something isn't adding up...

They just haven't removed that link that is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voyager2
On 12/10/2015 at 4:19 AM, JustHanginginThere said:

Basically we need this drug to come to market.

I hope it wasn't shelved due to toxicity.

Since we've gotten nothing new for 30 years, we have to get this one. The only other thing in the near term is Genocea. Since the phase 3 trial for asp2151 ended March 1, we can be cautiously optimistic and hope for good news soon. Even if not perfect, if used in combination, it could be a game changer. 

Edited by Voyager2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
throwawaynyc
41 minutes ago, Voyager2 said:

Since we've gotten nothing new for 30 years, we have to get this one. The only other thing in the near term is Genocea. Since the phase 3 trial ended March 1, we can be cautiously optimistic and hope for good news soon. Even if not perfect, if used in combination, it could be a game changer. 

research halfords vaccine please, youre not up to date with whats available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voyager2
2 hours ago, throwawaynyc said:

research halfords vaccine please, youre not up to date with whats available.

Fair enough - I'll include the work of both Bill Halford and Ian Fraser. All of these researchers are my heroes. Without them, we'd have no hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
House of Herpesians

Hi, ALL (^^)

APS2151, currently renamed as Amenalief (I'm not sure of the spelling of the drug name...), is now at the final stage! 

Just wait and see (^^)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moialbalushi
1 hour ago, House of Herpesians said:

Hi, ALL (^^)

APS2151, currently renamed as Amenalief (I'm not sure of the spelling of the drug name...), is now at the final stage! 

Just wait and see (^^)

 

Wowowowow. Really ?

1 hour ago, House of Herpesians said:

Hi, ALL (^^)

APS2151, currently renamed as Amenalief (I'm not sure of the spelling of the drug name...), is now at the final stage! 

Just wait and see (^^)

 

Wowowowow. Really ?

Do u have the link for it ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
House of Herpesians

To @moialbalushi

I found another link. The original link contains weird technical terms, so following link will be better to read. All information is written in Japanese. If you are not so good at the language, please ask somebody who can understand Japanese to help you read the page: 

https://www.mixonline.jp/Article/tabid/55/artid/57514/Default.aspx

Anyways, the final assessment meeting seems to be held around the end of this month. If the proposal is approved at the meeting, the ministry will quickly allow the company (Astellas) to start the production and sales of the drug. I am not so sure when the drug will be available, but I'm sure that we need doctor's prescription to get the drug. With Japanese national health insurance certificate, we can buy the drug with 70% of discount, but if you don't have the certificate, you will need to cover 100% of the expense, which means you need to pay A LOT for that.

If the drug is officially approved at the meeting, I will post the news here ASAP (^^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moialbalushi
4 hours ago, House of Herpesians said:

To @moialbalushi

I found another link. The original link contains weird technical terms, so following link will be better to read. All information is written in Japanese. If you are not so good at the language, please ask somebody who can understand Japanese to help you read the page: 

https://www.mixonline.jp/Article/tabid/55/artid/57514/Default.aspx

Anyways, the final assessment meeting seems to be held around the end of this month. If the proposal is approved at the meeting, the ministry will quickly allow the company (Astellas) to start the production and sales of the drug. I am not so sure when the drug will be available, but I'm sure that we need doctor's prescription to get the drug. With Japanese national health insurance certificate, we can buy the drug with 70% of discount, but if you don't have the certificate, you will need to cover 100% of the expense, which means you need to pay A LOT for that.

If the drug is officially approved at the meeting, I will post the news here ASAP (^^)

Thank you so much man. U really raised my hope !!

Edited by moialbalushi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moialbalushi
36 minutes ago, JJ2017 said:

how well does the drug perform ? any data on this?

It is twice better than theravax in reducing shedding. Hope it can work with gen003 also. If both got approved it will be a miracle !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JJ2017

Amenalife tablet 200 mg (Amenamebiru, Maruho): Medicines containing new active ingredients targeting shingles as a target disease. << from the article when translated ..... are you sure this is for hsv?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moialbalushi
11 minutes ago, JJ2017 said:

Amenalife tablet 200 mg (Amenamebiru, Maruho): Medicines containing new active ingredients targeting shingles as a target disease. << from the article when translated ..... are you sure this is for hsv?

From what I know. The antivirals used for hsv were used also for shingles before. Our freind above is Japanese so he knows more I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      69,338
    • Total Posts
      466,617
  • Posts

    • TCBH
      You don't put it down there. you put it on your arm. 
    • luvurself16
      I got hsv from a police officer. Sickos out there.
    • Toro
      I am 44 and I have active herpes in both of my eyes.Only Amenalief helps.
    • Jayne
      I know this thread is a couple of years old, but it’s been helpful to me, and I wanted to contribute as well. Back to Berliner’s original post, I’ve tested negative on several IGGs, with the latest ones being 1 yr and now almost 2 years past exposure.  Figuring out what was going on was the worst nightmare I’ve ever been through in my life. I made the mistake of drinking heavily a week after my father died of cancer, and I had unprotected AS with an ex, who happened to be poly and had some occasional unprotected M2M encounters.   Three days later I had a red line rash along my (sorry to get explicit) crack. This was followed by a rectal burning. Tested negative for G&C and related tests.  Over the next couple of weeks I had severe swelling and discomfort in my lower right quadrant and was told to go to the ER, where (I guess as a standard practice) they did a cat scan, which revealed nothing.  Also not a bacterial infection.  However the repeated manual examinations that occurred at urgent care and the ER seemed to relieve the abdominal pressure over the next few days.  I then had diarrhea for the next several weeks after.  I developed what felt like internal hemorrhoids, which were exacerbated by the diarrhea, and a gastro doctor confirmed via digital exam that there was indeed some sort of mass that felt like possible hemorrhoids. He ordered a sigmoidoscopy, but by the time it was undertaken, whatever was there was gone. After the procedure though, I felt much better for a while, possibly due to digestive issues clearing up after the colon “cleanse.” But this was concurrent with other issues.   About 3 weeks after the encounter I developed a large rash on my left thigh. Shortly thereafter I started having light sensitivity issues, culminating in a fever-like state after being outside in the sun only for 15 minutes after work. At work around that time for a couple days I felt like I was going through life encased in a gauzy gel- similar to being on laughing gas at the dentist, but not in a good way. I didn’t know what the hell was happening to me. I developed a severe case of canker sores for about a day. Later during a sunny drive, after getting back in the car at a gas station I noticed a red blotch below my lip. I tried to shrug it off but it happened again on the trip back.  So by about a month after the encounter I was having more anxiety. I spent the night at a friend’s house and woke up with a massive, swollen red eye and swollen lips. I got eye drops for bacterial conjunctivitis but that was wishful thinking.  A couple of weeks later, my lips were covered in sores. I smothered them with abreva. By the next day, they had mostly gone away. I tried to do a swab test at urgent care (I believe it was the next day), but there was not enough there to make any sort of positive diagnosis. Since then, I’ve had what you could call repeated aborted lesions and red blotches that appear around my mouth, particularly after stress and alcohol consumption. But even having peanut butter or chocolate would set it off for a long time. Fair skin doesn’t help- there was no hiding it. Two months after the encounter, I had my first vaginal burning- it was pretty intense and I had to use ice cubes because I didn’t know what else to do.   The worse feeling though was the periodic flare-ups of rectal itching/burning, often accompanied by another red line rash. It made sitting uncomfortable for about the next two months. I couldn’t wear pants at work- only skirts seemed to make things somewhat less irritated. And for the first three months, I was still testing for HIV along with HSV because of the overlapping symptoms (rash, diarrhea, neural pain, severe flu like symptoms without fever). I lost a lot of weight and had panic attacks. On top of all this I had just moved to a new city and started a new job and didn’t have a support network. And the sad thing is, I had to deal with all of this instead of being able to grieve for my father and being a better source of support to my mother. She had to support me without understanding what was happening.   Another bad thing through all of this was having both my ex and my current partner treat me like I’m crazy. That makes me feel alone and in the dark. Another “hysterical woman.” F*** that.  And while I felt grateful that my current was at the time still ready to be with me even if I had hsv, it’s a little discomfiting that he still doesn’t really believe me. But I’ve learned to live with ambiguity. And now I’m used to doctors as well as partners acting like this is nonexistent. Especially with negative IGG tests even 2 years later, which have left me without any answers.  I’m lucky in a way to be able to blend in because I don’t get obvious sores, genitally or orally (I can cover up the blotches with concealer, and they fortunately have lessened in frequency). But I still get the rectal itching/burning every six months or so (anthistamines seem to alleviate it a bit). And as more of a concern, I’ve had a cramp in my lower right quadrant ever since, which feels like it’s in my digestive tract. Since this has pretty much spread everywhere else in my body, intestinal involvement wouldn’t surprise me, and it isn’t unheard of anyways. I’ve tried to move past this and have since gotten married to my partner, who is a source of support (even if he doesn’t believe I’m having health problems. I know that’s a contradiction but occasionally I want to believe that too.).  I’m also newly pregnant, and symptoms have started to flare up again somewhat. I’m sure this will be an adventure. Hopefully more good than crazy. I know I’m going to struggle with the fear of passing this along but I’m trying to reconcile what doctors say (which is that it is extremely rare) with my own intuition about what I need to be careful of. Maybe I’ll repost with an update down the road. In short, there are people out there who test negative and have to live with loved ones and doctors thinking that a negative test closes the book on this. Again, learning to live with ambiguity is a real life lesson that I’m still coming to grips with. This forum and specifically this post have been a source of comfort that I haven’t been able to find elsewhere. Thanks everyone for the support for the community.     
    • Rockster
      You deepthroat so good that you get all kinds of mouth-to-skin-of-base contact? Kudos to you, but that is extremely rare. 
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.