4. Second_chance

Second_chance

5. moialbalushi

moialbalushi

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Catalyst4 and welcome to the website. There is no relationship between lichen planes or psoriasis to herpes. Follow the treatment recommended by your doctor. If steroids it is then have no worries regarding herpes.
    • Catalyst4
      Hi all - I’ve been getting weird recurrent redness on my glans since January. I foolishly had unprotected sex and this nightmare started a week or so later. It starts off as a small circle of redness that turns oval and then spreads. There is no bump or no fluid and it doesn’t itch and is not painful. It also gets flaky like psoriasis after a week or so then the skin becomes shiny and thick.  I got a biopsy that said it was possible Lichen Planus. But was a herpes infection responsible for triggering it? I had a swab when the inflammation was at it’s worse and it came back nEgative for herpes but I think it was done way too late. My dermatologist says it’s not herpes- but this all started after an unprotected sex encounter so I think it’s related to some infection somehow. It did go away completely with doxycycline and cortisone cream only to come back a couple of weeks later after finishing  the medication .  I’m set to get my blood test in a few weeks but that will only tell me if I’ve been exposed to HSV, not that the redness is actually HSV.  If it is HSV and it’s causing the Lichen Planus or psoriasis how do I treat it? Steroids will make me more susceptible to further outbreaks Does anyone get this shiny skin as well with their outbreak that does not go away on its own? i have pics I’m trying to upload but the size limitation is a problem ...
    • WilsoInAus
      Hi @hi202020 note that all immune disorders of over activity are related to the immune system attacking the body tissue. They can be highly serious issues such as: lupus, multiple sclerosis, diabetes (type 1), Hasimoto’s etc. Prostadynia is an umbrella term for a number of issues in the genital region. Often you are able to drill down to a more specific cause but sometimes not. The issues in the umbrella are such things as prostatitis, pudenal nerve ‘entrapment’, erythromelagia and fibromyalgia to name a few. 
    • Kurdt01
      The burning (neuralgia, neuropathy) is common...unfortunately even doctors don't know if it means your shedding or not....not necessarily though. There are a lot of nerve issues with herpes...it's way more a nerve issue than a skin issue. Do the antivirals help you? 
    • Kurdt01
      Short of something none of us knows about that comes completely out of left field (which is entirely possible), our best bet on something anytime soon is Pritelivir....hopefully it works as well as we all hope.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.