World's Largest Herpes Support Group
JustHanginginThere

Asp2151 Japan update help?

House of Herpesians

@JJ2017

It's surely targeted for the patients with HSV2. Please check the inclusion criteria of the last trial on https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02209324

@moialbalushi

A professional pharmacy let me know about the current status of Amenolief and he explained that one pill of Amenolief per day reduces ops almost to zero! I'm not sure if we can take both the GEN003 and the rug at the same time, but he said that we can take the drug with Valtrex.

moialbalushi
1 minute ago, House of Herpesians said:

@JJ2017

It's surely targeted for the patients with HSV2. Please check the inclusion criteria of the last trial on https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02209324

@moialbalushi

A professional pharmacy let me know about the current status of Amenolief and he explained that one pill of Amenolief per day reduces ops almost to zero! I'm not sure if we can take both the GEN003 and the rug at the same time, but he said that we can take the drug with Valtrex.

Wowowowowow. Thats so ammazing man !! U just made me cry !! Omg. I hope this gets approved !! Thank you 

fugazi1

Hi, this sounds exciting. But if this drug is approved, how will people from outside of Japan gain regular access to it? Thanks!

House of Herpesians

@fugazi1

I may say it will be fairly difficult for foreigners to buy the drug .... Same as in other countries, we cannot get newly-aproved drugs WITHOUT doctor's prescription. I also considered the possibility that you guys travel in Japan and stop by a hospital and ask the doctor to issue a prescription for the drug. However, even if you visit a hospital with a temporary health insurance for travelers, I'm very skeptical to think the doctor will kindly issue a prescription for Amenolief... Moreover, considering the temporary traveler's insurance does NOT cover a chronic disease, the insurance company may reject your inquiry to reimburse the money you paid at the pharmacy...

You may be able to find some online pharmacies starting to sell Amenolief, but nobody will be able to guarantee the safety of the drug...

Are there anybody who can answer @fugazi1? Since I have no experience to live in the country as a foreigner, we should better ask somebody who have ever lived there as a foreign resident...

Edited by House of Herpesians

dont quit!17
On 5/17/2017 at 4:59 PM, House of Herpesians said:

Hi, ALL (^^)

APS2151, currently renamed as Amenalief (I'm not sure of the spelling of the drug name...), is now at the final stage! 

Just wait and see (^^)

So this is the former drug Amenamevir? Does the article you posted state any shedding data? Are you Japanese?

Edited by dont quit!17

dont quit!17
On 5/18/2017 at 1:44 AM, moialbalushi said:

It is twice better than theravax in reducing shedding. Hope it can work with gen003 also. If both got approved it will be a miracle !!

Genocea 003 vaccine and Amenamevir=Functional cure. (imho)

I believe Gen 003 + Valtrex could put a huge dent in transmission as well. Per Chip Clark combination trials are upcoming this year. Be patient guys, we may have great news soon!

Edited by dont quit!17

House of Herpesians

@dont quit!17

2 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

So this is the former drug Amenavir? Does the article you posted state any shedding data? Are you Japanese?

Yes, I'm a sushi-loving Japanese!! (^^)/

Probably you mention the document I stated in the initial post, but it is just a official document with the items that will be discussed in the meeting scheduled around the end of this month; thus, no information is shown about the reduction of shedding. A Japanese researcher published a summary of the current development of DNA drugs and he noted that compared with other conventional drugs, ASP2151 is much more effective to reduce the frequency of lesions, ops and shedding, especially in genital herpes. Considering he also notes that herpes lesions, ops and shedding can be reduced to almost zero with one pill a day, our QOL will be drastically improved thanks to the drug!!

Yes, I agree that GEN003 and valtrex will be a super powerful combination to deteriorate HSV! But the drug is not only for genital herpes suffers; it is also for those who have taken an operation currently and need to be protected from HSV viruses. Anyways, let's wait and see the results of the meeting!!

JJ2017
On 5/18/2017 at 9:44 AM, moialbalushi said:

It is twice better than theravax in reducing shedding. Hope it can work with gen003 also. If both got approved it will be a miracle !!

Theravax hasn't been tested for efficiency or optimal dose

moialbalushi
Just now, JJ2017 said:

Theravax hasn't been tested for efficiency or optimal dose

Sorry I meant valtrex. My bad 

moialbalushi
2 hours ago, House of Herpesians said:

@dont quit!17

Probably you mention the document I stated in the initial post, but it is just a official document with the items that will be discussed in the meeting scheduled around the end of this month; thus, no information is shown about the reduction of shedding. A Japanese researcher published a summary of the current development of DNA drugs and he noted that compared with other conventional drugs, ASP2151 is much more effective to reduce the frequency of lesions, ops and shedding, especially in genital herpes. Considering he also notes that herpes lesions, ops and shedding can be reduced to almost zero with one pill a day, our QOL will be drastically improved thanks to the drug!!

Yes, I agree that GEN003 and valtrex will be a super powerful combination to deteriorate HSV! But the drug is not only for genital herpes suffers; it is also for those who have taken an operation currently and need to be protected from HSV viruses. Anyways, let's wait and see the results of the meeting!!

It can prevent unifected guys also ? That will be impressive if it happened !!

JJ2017

one pill a day would really bug me mentally reminding my self of this condition daily i wonder if vaccines could be combined 

moialbalushi
Just now, JJ2017 said:

one pill a day would really bug me mentally reminding my self of this condition daily i wonder if vaccines could be combined 

I think if it is preventing other also it will be a miracle to have it comparing to valtrex. Just remember, it is for something not dangerous even. I hate having it everyday also but it worths it at least and makes it easier for you to live. You wont panic that you might transmit it to anyone because this drug is so effective. Simply,your sexual life will be easier.

dont quit!17
5 hours ago, House of Herpesians said:

@dont quit!17

That's great news! Do us a favor and come back when you get more information  Our biggest issue on the forum regarding Maruho was that nobody spoke and or wrote Japanese so communication was very minimal. They seemed to be taking their time with results but at last we are almost here. Thank you for your feedback. Pritelivir which is in the same drug class (helicase primase inhibitor) as Amenavir was basically a functional cure. If Maruhos drug is anywhere near that, then that is the BEST news I've heard in years. Thank you sir, I was feeling down earlier this week and this made me feel that much better. 

@StayingUpbeat check this out when you got a minute.

Edited by dont quit!17

dont quit!17
2 hours ago, JJ2017 said:

They should be, even if it is Genoceas. But at least you would have the peace of mind of not transmitting virus.

Also Genoceas already has a next generation HSV vaccine in the works.

dont quit!17
2 hours ago, moialbalushi said:

I think if it is preventing other also it will be a miracle to have it comparing to valtrex. Just remember, it is for something not dangerous even. I hate having it everyday also but it worths it at least and makes it easier for you to live. You wont panic that you might transmit it to anyone because this drug is so effective. Simply,your sexual life will be easier.

Hell yes! This is real hope! I'm wondering how long it will take to to get approval from FDA? Drugs like Gabapentin for neuropathic pains and the chicken pox vaccine are both made by the Japanese.

@House of Herpesians maybe after it indeed gets approved, you can ask Maruho if they plan on going to the US with their product? And when?

Edited by dont quit!17

Sean123
8 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

Genocea 003 vaccine and Amenavir=Functional cure. (imho)

I believe Gen 003 + Valtrex could put a huge dent in transmission as well. Per Chip Clark combination trials are upcoming this year. Be patient guys, we may have great news soon!

Wait..  If you combine both a vaccine with a drug like this wouldnt it defeat the purpose of being vaccinated? I mean, doesnt the immune system need to maintain seeing the virus in order for the proper antibodies to stay? 

Whyyyyy

I hope one of these pulls through soon!!

moialbalushi
1 hour ago, Sean123 said:

Wait..  If you combine both a vaccine with a drug like this wouldnt it defeat the purpose of being vaccinated? I mean, doesnt the immune system need to maintain seeing the virus in order for the proper antibodies to stay? 

In that case then maybe you should get it after getting vaccinated maybe ?? You can have them with valtrex anyways. That will be around 100 percent

snippy43
1 hour ago, Sean123 said:

sean, live vaccines are impacted by the combined use of drugs.  subunits and dna vax's can theoretically benefit from the added use of drugs (pills).  assuming the components used in formulation are compatible, they may complement one another.

Sean123
33 minutes ago, snippy43 said:

sean, live vaccines are impacted by the combined use of drugs.  subunits and dna vax's can theoretically benefit from the added use of drugs (pills).  assuming the components used in formulation are compatible, they may complement one another.

Is there a source you can post here? 

Thanks

dont quit!17
3 hours ago, Sean123 said:

Only if you have live attenuated virus. Not a sub unit.

sdl35

The translated page I read said it was for shingles. Is this correct?

House of Herpesians
16 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

Hell yes! This is real hope! I'm wondering how long it will take to to get approval from FDA? Drugs like Gabapentin for neuropathic pains and the chicken pox vaccine are both made by the Japanese.

@House of Herpesians maybe after it indeed gets approved, you can ask Maruho if they plan on going to the US with their product? And when?

@dont quit!17

I'm happy to know that the news I posted made you feel happy!!

In case of Oka VZV vaccine, I heard that it took more than 10 or 15 years the FDA approved it. This may be because the FDA is really careful for the live vaccines for the fear the vaccine may spread the disease in the country. However, considering Amenolief is a drug that successfully completed the all required trials in the US, FDA will approve it quite soon if Astellas/Maruho sells the drug there.

I don't think it appropriate to contact Maruho before the drug is finally approved by the Ministry. After the drug is formally approved by the government, you can email Maruho/Astellas about their sales in the US. If you think you need my help, please contact me (^^)/