Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
JustHanginginThere

Asp2151 Japan update help?

Recommended Posts

House of Herpesians

@JJ2017

It's surely targeted for the patients with HSV2. Please check the inclusion criteria of the last trial on https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02209324

@moialbalushi

A professional pharmacy let me know about the current status of Amenolief and he explained that one pill of Amenolief per day reduces ops almost to zero! I'm not sure if we can take both the GEN003 and the rug at the same time, but he said that we can take the drug with Valtrex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moialbalushi
1 minute ago, House of Herpesians said:

@JJ2017

It's surely targeted for the patients with HSV2. Please check the inclusion criteria of the last trial on https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02209324

@moialbalushi

A professional pharmacy let me know about the current status of Amenolief and he explained that one pill of Amenolief per day reduces ops almost to zero! I'm not sure if we can take both the GEN003 and the rug at the same time, but he said that we can take the drug with Valtrex.

Wowowowowow. Thats so ammazing man !! U just made me cry !! Omg. I hope this gets approved !! Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fugazi1

Hi, this sounds exciting. But if this drug is approved, how will people from outside of Japan gain regular access to it? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
House of Herpesians

@fugazi1

I may say it will be fairly difficult for foreigners to buy the drug .... Same as in other countries, we cannot get newly-aproved drugs WITHOUT doctor's prescription. I also considered the possibility that you guys travel in Japan and stop by a hospital and ask the doctor to issue a prescription for the drug. However, even if you visit a hospital with a temporary health insurance for travelers, I'm very skeptical to think the doctor will kindly issue a prescription for Amenolief... Moreover, considering the temporary traveler's insurance does NOT cover a chronic disease, the insurance company may reject your inquiry to reimburse the money you paid at the pharmacy...

You may be able to find some online pharmacies starting to sell Amenolief, but nobody will be able to guarantee the safety of the drug...

Are there anybody who can answer @fugazi1? Since I have no experience to live in the country as a foreigner, we should better ask somebody who have ever lived there as a foreign resident...

Edited by House of Herpesians

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dont quit!17
On 5/17/2017 at 4:59 PM, House of Herpesians said:

Hi, ALL (^^)

APS2151, currently renamed as Amenalief (I'm not sure of the spelling of the drug name...), is now at the final stage! 

Just wait and see (^^)

 

So this is the former drug Amenamevir? Does the article you posted state any shedding data? Are you Japanese?

Edited by dont quit!17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dont quit!17
On 5/18/2017 at 1:44 AM, moialbalushi said:

It is twice better than theravax in reducing shedding. Hope it can work with gen003 also. If both got approved it will be a miracle !!

Genocea 003 vaccine and Amenamevir=Functional cure. (imho)

I believe Gen 003 + Valtrex could put a huge dent in transmission as well. Per Chip Clark combination trials are upcoming this year. Be patient guys, we may have great news soon!

Edited by dont quit!17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
House of Herpesians

@dont quit!17

2 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

So this is the former drug Amenavir? Does the article you posted state any shedding data? Are you Japanese?

Yes, I'm a sushi-loving Japanese!! (^^)/

Probably you mention the document I stated in the initial post, but it is just a official document with the items that will be discussed in the meeting scheduled around the end of this month; thus, no information is shown about the reduction of shedding. A Japanese researcher published a summary of the current development of DNA drugs and he noted that compared with other conventional drugs, ASP2151 is much more effective to reduce the frequency of lesions, ops and shedding, especially in genital herpes. Considering he also notes that herpes lesions, ops and shedding can be reduced to almost zero with one pill a day, our QOL will be drastically improved thanks to the drug!!

Yes, I agree that GEN003 and valtrex will be a super powerful combination to deteriorate HSV! But the drug is not only for genital herpes suffers; it is also for those who have taken an operation currently and need to be protected from HSV viruses. Anyways, let's wait and see the results of the meeting!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JJ2017
On 5/18/2017 at 9:44 AM, moialbalushi said:

It is twice better than theravax in reducing shedding. Hope it can work with gen003 also. If both got approved it will be a miracle !!

Theravax hasn't been tested for efficiency or optimal dose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moialbalushi
Just now, JJ2017 said:

Theravax hasn't been tested for efficiency or optimal dose

Sorry I meant valtrex. My bad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moialbalushi
2 hours ago, House of Herpesians said:

@dont quit!17

Yes, I'm a sushi-loving Japanese!! (^^)/

Probably you mention the document I stated in the initial post, but it is just a official document with the items that will be discussed in the meeting scheduled around the end of this month; thus, no information is shown about the reduction of shedding. A Japanese researcher published a summary of the current development of DNA drugs and he noted that compared with other conventional drugs, ASP2151 is much more effective to reduce the frequency of lesions, ops and shedding, especially in genital herpes. Considering he also notes that herpes lesions, ops and shedding can be reduced to almost zero with one pill a day, our QOL will be drastically improved thanks to the drug!!

Yes, I agree that GEN003 and valtrex will be a super powerful combination to deteriorate HSV! But the drug is not only for genital herpes suffers; it is also for those who have taken an operation currently and need to be protected from HSV viruses. Anyways, let's wait and see the results of the meeting!!

It can prevent unifected guys also ? That will be impressive if it happened !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JJ2017

one pill a day would really bug me mentally reminding my self of this condition daily i wonder if vaccines could be combined 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moialbalushi
Just now, JJ2017 said:

one pill a day would really bug me mentally reminding my self of this condition daily i wonder if vaccines could be combined 

I think if it is preventing other also it will be a miracle to have it comparing to valtrex. Just remember, it is for something not dangerous even. I hate having it everyday also but it worths it at least and makes it easier for you to live. You wont panic that you might transmit it to anyone because this drug is so effective. Simply,your sexual life will be easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dont quit!17
5 hours ago, House of Herpesians said:

@dont quit!17

Yes, I'm a sushi-loving Japanese!! (^^)/

Probably you mention the document I stated in the initial post, but it is just a official document with the items that will be discussed in the meeting scheduled around the end of this month; thus, no information is shown about the reduction of shedding. A Japanese researcher published a summary of the current development of DNA drugs and he noted that compared with other conventional drugs, ASP2151 is much more effective to reduce the frequency of lesions, ops and shedding, especially in genital herpes. Considering he also notes that herpes lesions, ops and shedding can be reduced to almost zero with one pill a day, our QOL will be drastically improved thanks to the drug!!

Yes, I agree that GEN003 and valtrex will be a super powerful combination to deteriorate HSV! But the drug is not only for genital herpes suffers; it is also for those who have taken an operation currently and need to be protected from HSV viruses. Anyways, let's wait and see the results of the meeting!!

That's great news! Do us a favor and come back when you get more information  Our biggest issue on the forum regarding Maruho was that nobody spoke and or wrote Japanese so communication was very minimal. They seemed to be taking their time with results but at last we are almost here. Thank you for your feedback. Pritelivir which is in the same drug class (helicase primase inhibitor) as Amenavir was basically a functional cure. If Maruhos drug is anywhere near that, then that is the BEST news I've heard in years. Thank you sir, I was feeling down earlier this week and this made me feel that much better. 

@StayingUpbeat check this out when you got a minute.

Edited by dont quit!17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dont quit!17
2 hours ago, JJ2017 said:

one pill a day would really bug me mentally reminding my self of this condition daily i wonder if vaccines could be combined 

They should be, even if it is Genoceas. But at least you would have the peace of mind of not transmitting virus.

Also Genoceas already has a next generation HSV vaccine in the works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dont quit!17
2 hours ago, moialbalushi said:

I think if it is preventing other also it will be a miracle to have it comparing to valtrex. Just remember, it is for something not dangerous even. I hate having it everyday also but it worths it at least and makes it easier for you to live. You wont panic that you might transmit it to anyone because this drug is so effective. Simply,your sexual life will be easier.

Hell yes! This is real hope! I'm wondering how long it will take to to get approval from FDA? Drugs like Gabapentin for neuropathic pains and the chicken pox vaccine are both made by the Japanese.

@House of Herpesians maybe after it indeed gets approved, you can ask Maruho if they plan on going to the US with their product? And when?

Edited by dont quit!17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sean123
8 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

Genocea 003 vaccine and Amenavir=Functional cure. (imho)

I believe Gen 003 + Valtrex could put a huge dent in transmission as well. Per Chip Clark combination trials are upcoming this year. Be patient guys, we may have great news soon!

Wait..  If you combine both a vaccine with a drug like this wouldnt it defeat the purpose of being vaccinated? I mean, doesnt the immune system need to maintain seeing the virus in order for the proper antibodies to stay? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whyyyyy

I hope one of these pulls through soon!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moialbalushi
1 hour ago, Sean123 said:

Wait..  If you combine both a vaccine with a drug like this wouldnt it defeat the purpose of being vaccinated? I mean, doesnt the immune system need to maintain seeing the virus in order for the proper antibodies to stay? 

In that case then maybe you should get it after getting vaccinated maybe ?? You can have them with valtrex anyways. That will be around 100 percent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
snippy43
1 hour ago, Sean123 said:

Wait..  If you combine both a vaccine with a drug like this wouldnt it defeat the purpose of being vaccinated? I mean, doesnt the immune system need to maintain seeing the virus in order for the proper antibodies to stay? 

sean, live vaccines are impacted by the combined use of drugs.  subunits and dna vax's can theoretically benefit from the added use of drugs (pills).  assuming the components used in formulation are compatible, they may complement one another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sean123
33 minutes ago, snippy43 said:

sean, live vaccines are impacted by the combined use of drugs.  subunits and dna vax's can theoretically benefit from the added use of drugs (pills).  assuming the components used in formulation are compatible, they may complement one another.

Is there a source you can post here? 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dont quit!17
3 hours ago, Sean123 said:

Wait..  If you combine both a vaccine with a drug like this wouldnt it defeat the purpose of being vaccinated? I mean, doesnt the immune system need to maintain seeing the virus in order for the proper antibodies to stay? 

Only if you have live attenuated virus. Not a sub unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sdl35

The translated page I read said it was for shingles. Is this correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
House of Herpesians
16 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

Hell yes! This is real hope! I'm wondering how long it will take to to get approval from FDA? Drugs like Gabapentin for neuropathic pains and the chicken pox vaccine are both made by the Japanese.

@House of Herpesians maybe after it indeed gets approved, you can ask Maruho if they plan on going to the US with their product? And when?

@dont quit!17

I'm happy to know that the news I posted made you feel happy!!

In case of Oka VZV vaccine, I heard that it took more than 10 or 15 years the FDA approved it. This may be because the FDA is really careful for the live vaccines for the fear the vaccine may spread the disease in the country. However, considering Amenolief is a drug that successfully completed the all required trials in the US, FDA will approve it quite soon if Astellas/Maruho sells the drug there.

I don't think it appropriate to contact Maruho before the drug is finally approved by the Ministry. After the drug is formally approved by the government, you can email Maruho/Astellas about their sales in the US. If you think you need my help, please contact me (^^)/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      68,855
    • Total Posts
      460,562
  • Posts

    • Dee22
      @swagdaddy hey. First / second outbreak was horrendous. Had all of the above and was wmotionally distraught. The pain is the worst in the start and i had nerve pain fatigue , flu symptoms then i got flu and was sick for over two months. But then it passed. The anti virals help and definitely make sure u sleep and destress. How r u feeling ?
    • Miss Annie
      Also looks like my first outbreak... get tested
    • Thomas29
      I don’t know why I thought it was herpes tbh none of this itches burns or tingles? It’s going now tbh im in two separate minds @WilsoInAus could you help us out please you’ve got some knowledge with herpes 
    • Miss Annie
      I’m afraid to give it to someone even if we wear condoms. A boyfriend of mine gave it to me... never told me he had it. Relationship only lasted a few months after that. It’s been almost 3 years now. 
    • viralfrog
      Little update, I've upped the dose of Zinc to 100mg/days on rest days and 160mg/day for workout days. I also just came to Europe for holidays and I'm freezing in this weather (My body is used to tropical Thailand weather). The cold weather seems to strenghten my immunity somehow, as the OB is clearing off. I have experienced the same in the past - always on my trips to cold countries it seems to get better.  I wonder if hot weather could cause this? I do spend most of my time indoors with AC at 25 degrees celcius in Thailand though and always protect myself from the sun. 
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.