World's Largest Herpes Support Group
JustHanginginThere

Asp2151 Japan update help?

Kurdt01

So is there anyone that has tried this for which Valtrex/Acyclovir/Famvir doesn't work and have constant symptoms and problems?

It's expensive but if like 1 pill a week would work it would be worth it.....Trying to figure out if this works for people that the current AV's don't...

lvlvlv4

Seems like there's two schools of thought on this ... some people are using it daily, probably to lower their shedding and perhaps have a normal dating life. 

My plan is to use it during a break out, which matches the usage model the Japanese are using it for with shingles. I am lucky that I don't get OB as often as some people on here, but when I do get one it is very severe and can last for 6-8 weeks no matter what valtrex dose I've tried. In this sort of case I'm hoping it will work to get rid of that OB

vzhe

I've used it to effectively abort an outbreak immediately. See here:

Pretty convinced of the combo for this. Never had any success like that before ever. Will 100% keep using it.

NorCal_Herpster
On 11/18/2018 at 9:57 PM, vzhe said:

I've used it to effectively abort an outbreak immediately. See here:

Pretty convinced of the combo for this. Never had any success like that before ever. Will 100% keep using it.

I've been using it now for 4 months as a daily suppressive in combination with Valtrex, and feel the most normal I've ever felt since contracting HSV.  I'm very pleased so far and will continue taking this antiviral cocktail.  

About Blank
4 hours ago, NorCal_Herpster said:

I've been using it now for 4 months as a daily suppressive in combination with Valtrex, and feel the most normal I've ever felt since contracting HSV.  I'm very pleased so far and will continue taking this antiviral cocktail.  

What dosage is working for you?  

NorCal_Herpster
On 11/26/2018 at 1:45 PM, About Blank said:

What dosage is working for you?  

I take half tablet (100mg) of Amenamevir and 500mg of Valtrex with food and grapefruit juice daily.

dont quit!17
On 11/29/2018 at 12:26 PM, NorCal_Herpster said:

I take half tablet (100mg) of Amenamevir and 500mg of Valtrex with food and grapefruit juice daily.

Does the food and grapefruit juice increase the half life of Amenemevir?

Do you feel any side effects?

Edited by dont quit!17

Terrell
On 11/18/2018 at 2:25 PM, lvlvlv4 said:

Seems like there's two schools of thought on this ... some people are using it daily, probably to lower their shedding and perhaps have a normal dating life. 

My plan is to use it during a break out, which matches the usage model the Japanese are using it for with shingles. I am lucky that I don't get OB as often as some people on here, but when I do get one it is very severe and can last for 6-8 weeks no matter what valtrex dose I've tried. In this sort of case I'm hoping it will work to get rid of that OB

How long have you been infected?

vzhe
On 12/2/2018 at 9:30 PM, dont quit!17 said:

Does the food and grapefruit juice increase the half life of Amenemevir?

Do you feel any side effects?

no side effects noticed, i don't take it every day tho. grapefruit should work but i haven't been doing that either. main use for me is decreased risk of spreading when i anticipate having sex in the days to follow, and completely stopping an outbreak in its tracks when i take a higher dose

dont quit!17
17 hours ago, vzhe said:

no side effects noticed, i don't take it every day tho. grapefruit should work but i haven't been doing that either. main use for me is decreased risk of spreading when i anticipate having sex in the days to follow, and completely stopping an outbreak in its tracks when i take a higher dose

hopefully within a year or two the price drops a bit. but having it PRN is nice especially since its so new. 

NorCal_Herpster
14 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

hopefully within a year or two the price drops a bit. but having it PRN is nice especially since its so new. 

No side effects for me.  I take it daily since I’m in a relationship with a woman that doesn’t have H.

Good news; I just reordered, and the price dropped from $668 to $542.  

NorCal_Herpster
10 minutes ago, Soon said:

Can I ask where your ordered it from and how much do you get for the 542?

Thanks

www.mimaki-family-japan.com

$542.49 will get you 14 200mg tablets.

dont quit!17
20 hours ago, NorCal_Herpster said:

No side effects for me.  I take it daily since I’m in a relationship with a woman that doesn’t have H.

Good news; I just reordered, and the price dropped from $668 to $542.  

Yes sir, I noticed that too!! I'm going to order some pretty soon.

MikeHerp

that's actually not too bad.  If you are finding an effect at half a tablet, then a month's supply at $542, that comes out to $6504 per year.

That's expensive, and that would price out quite a lot of people.  But if it works well together with Valtrex, then it could be a price worth paying.  

I hope the price continues to drop.