World's Largest Herpes Support Group
JustHanginginThere

Asp2151 Japan update help?

NorCal_Herpster
On 11/18/2018 at 9:57 PM, vzhe said:

I've used it to effectively abort an outbreak immediately. See here:

Pretty convinced of the combo for this. Never had any success like that before ever. Will 100% keep using it.

I've been using it now for 4 months as a daily suppressive in combination with Valtrex, and feel the most normal I've ever felt since contracting HSV.  I'm very pleased so far and will continue taking this antiviral cocktail.  

About Blank
4 hours ago, NorCal_Herpster said:

I've been using it now for 4 months as a daily suppressive in combination with Valtrex, and feel the most normal I've ever felt since contracting HSV.  I'm very pleased so far and will continue taking this antiviral cocktail.  

What dosage is working for you?  

NorCal_Herpster
On 11/26/2018 at 1:45 PM, About Blank said:

What dosage is working for you?  

I take half tablet (100mg) of Amenamevir and 500mg of Valtrex with food and grapefruit juice daily.

dont quit!17
On 11/29/2018 at 12:26 PM, NorCal_Herpster said:

I take half tablet (100mg) of Amenamevir and 500mg of Valtrex with food and grapefruit juice daily.

Does the food and grapefruit juice increase the half life of Amenemevir?

Do you feel any side effects?

Edited by dont quit!17

Terrell
On 11/18/2018 at 2:25 PM, lvlvlv4 said:

Seems like there's two schools of thought on this ... some people are using it daily, probably to lower their shedding and perhaps have a normal dating life. 

My plan is to use it during a break out, which matches the usage model the Japanese are using it for with shingles. I am lucky that I don't get OB as often as some people on here, but when I do get one it is very severe and can last for 6-8 weeks no matter what valtrex dose I've tried. In this sort of case I'm hoping it will work to get rid of that OB

How long have you been infected?

vzhe
On 12/2/2018 at 9:30 PM, dont quit!17 said:

Does the food and grapefruit juice increase the half life of Amenemevir?

Do you feel any side effects?

no side effects noticed, i don't take it every day tho. grapefruit should work but i haven't been doing that either. main use for me is decreased risk of spreading when i anticipate having sex in the days to follow, and completely stopping an outbreak in its tracks when i take a higher dose

dont quit!17
17 hours ago, vzhe said:

no side effects noticed, i don't take it every day tho. grapefruit should work but i haven't been doing that either. main use for me is decreased risk of spreading when i anticipate having sex in the days to follow, and completely stopping an outbreak in its tracks when i take a higher dose

hopefully within a year or two the price drops a bit. but having it PRN is nice especially since its so new. 

NorCal_Herpster
14 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

hopefully within a year or two the price drops a bit. but having it PRN is nice especially since its so new. 

No side effects for me.  I take it daily since I’m in a relationship with a woman that doesn’t have H.

Good news; I just reordered, and the price dropped from $668 to $542.  

NorCal_Herpster
10 minutes ago, Soon said:

Can I ask where your ordered it from and how much do you get for the 542?

Thanks

www.mimaki-family-japan.com

$542.49 will get you 14 200mg tablets.

dont quit!17
20 hours ago, NorCal_Herpster said:

No side effects for me.  I take it daily since I’m in a relationship with a woman that doesn’t have H.

Good news; I just reordered, and the price dropped from $668 to $542.  

Yes sir, I noticed that too!! I'm going to order some pretty soon.

MikeHerp

that's actually not too bad.  If you are finding an effect at half a tablet, then a month's supply at $542, that comes out to $6504 per year.

That's expensive, and that would price out quite a lot of people.  But if it works well together with Valtrex, then it could be a price worth paying.  

I hope the price continues to drop.

Kurdt01

I’m ordering. I wanna try splitting the tabs into 100mg and taking 1 week on, 1 week off....I don’t respond to available AVs and have OBs 1-3 times a month....getting desperate.

dont quit!17
On 12/11/2018 at 5:17 AM, Kurdt01 said:

I’m ordering. I wanna try splitting the tabs into 100mg and taking 1 week on, 1 week off....I don’t respond to available AVs and have OBs 1-3 times a month....getting desperate.

give us updates. I recall you having a stubborn case of HSV. Thank you and the best of luck. 

vzhe

Amenamevir even at this price point is the best thing that has happened in a decade.

It might fully stop outbreaks when taken daily, but I'm instead just using it to stop outbreaks when they happen.  This reduces my recovery time from 10-11 days till fully healed (and no longer visible) to essentially gone like it never happened in 3 days.

I don't expect to pay this high a price forever, but for now it's a great option. approvals in more countries and maybe even pritelivir should happen over the next 2-4 years.

Miss Horne
On 12/11/2018 at 1:17 PM, Kurdt01 said:

Yes please keep us updated Kurdt01, I also seem to have a stubborn case of this bastard evil virus! Would like to know how you get on with it. Good luck :)

moialbalushi
11 hours ago, vzhe said:

Amenamevir even at this price point is the best thing that has happened in a decade.

It might fully stop outbreaks when taken daily, but I'm instead just using it to stop outbreaks when they happen.  This reduces my recovery time from 10-11 days till fully healed (and no longer visible) to essentially gone like it never happened in 3 days.

I don't expect to pay this high a price forever, but for now it's a great option. approvals in more countries and maybe even pritelivir should happen over the next 2-4 years.

Wow thats really impressive man ! I just noticed ur feedback about it !! I hope these medicines become available in our countries. 

vzhe
13 hours ago, moialbalushi said:

Wow thats really impressive man ! I just noticed ur feedback about it !! I hope these medicines become available in our countries. 

well, you can order it online right now. it's just pricy

Kurdt01

@NorCal_Herpster Given your experience...I was wondering if you think a 50mg dose with a big glass of grapefruit juice would work? I have 1-3 Ob's a month and don't respond to normal AV's...ordering Amenovir after the holidays and just trying to figure out the best way to take it and stretch it as far as I can because of it's expense....Thanks...

NorCal_Herpster
22 minutes ago, Kurdt01 said:

@NorCal_Herpster Given your experience...I was wondering if you think a 50mg dose with a big glass of grapefruit juice would work? I have 1-3 Ob's a month and don't respond to normal AV's...ordering Amenovir after the holidays and just trying to figure out the best way to take it and stretch it as far as I can because of it's expense....Thanks...

@Kurdt01 I’m not the best person to ask.  I responded very well to Valtrex.  I was taking 250mg of Valtrex and not having OBs.  So with my current cocktail of 500mg of Valtrex, 100mg of Amenamevir, and taking it with food and grapefruit juice, I feel totally back to normal.

I like your thinking, but it looks like it’s going to take you some trial and error.  Good luck!

Rgs77

Has anyone who tried Amenamevir from Japan gotten poor results?

I'm thinking of purchasing, but wondering if there are people who risked the money and didn't get the results they were looking for.

Tiberius
11 hours ago, Rgs77 said:

Has anyone who tried Amenamevir from Japan gotten poor results?

I'm thinking of purchasing, but wondering if there are people who risked the money and didn't get the results they were looking for.

I suppose there is no concrete answer you might have to buy and take a loss if it doesn't work.  I don't understand the dosing..is this a weekly thing or take when you have an OB ...Is it for cold sores or everything?

While Famvir IMO seems to be the best, I stacked that with Valtrex one time and it got rid of my cold sore in a day....I suspect since this works different than those two drugs it might hit the virus even harder.  

Depends on how much you suffer on this is 500 bucks worth it...or would you rather spend that on something else 

MikeHerp

It's a daily, and it was approved for herpes zoster, not HSV.

But it seems people are trying it for HSV as well.  It was tested for HSV, and seemed to show results in line with valtrex.  But since the mechanism is different, it could potentially be stacked with valtrex, and animal studies showed an additive or synergistic effect.

However, because it was never approved for daily HSv suppression, anyone trying it should carefully monitor for side effects.