World's Largest Herpes Support Group
JustHanginginThere

Asp2151 Japan update help?

House of Herpesians

@dont quit!17

I also do hope they would approve Amenolief as the new medication for HSV2 (^^)/ Considering the market of HSV2, Astelas will apply for the sales/product permission for FDA. In case of live vaccine, it may take another decade to be approved by FDA, but the drug has completed Phase 3 in the US, I personally believe the drug will be approved quickly (^^)

Hansje
4 hours ago, House of Herpesians said:

@Hansje

It may be quite difficult for a foreign traveler to buy a newly-approved drug WITHOUT doctor's prescription... Even for Japanese, doctor's prescription is necessary for the new drugs. Basically, a prescription issued in a foreign country will not be accepted in any pharmacy. Considering the English literacy of the Japanese pharmacists, only a few of them will be capable of reading it, though... Anyways, just wait and see until the result of the meeting comes out. Without the formal approval, we cannot get the drug for any means.

Of course I would see a Japanese doctor. I would go there.

fitzjust1
On 5/20/2017 at 2:50 PM, LucyLevi said:

That would make sense as aciclovir treats both shingles and HSV but in different doses

Lucy

I have been saying this for some time but there are some including Dr Halford who say that shingles vaccine gives no relief to HSV sufferers. 

Just search my posts, i have been saying since i got my shot it helps me alot. Others dont believe it. 

Guys, i had the Zostavax Shingles vaccine 1 plus year ago and i have had considerable relief from my symptoms of HSV 2. My outbreaks reduced in severity and frequency, nerve pain disappeared, itching disappeared,

My doctor is so impressed with the results for using it for HSV he regularly gives to anyone, even under 50.

IT MAKES SENSE. Varicella vaccine (Chicken pox) developed in Japan, first used in Japan, Zostavax is exactly the same as chicken pox vaccine but 14 times stronger. 

Zostavax really helped me, and i cant wait for this shingles vaccine to be available, im sure it will help HSV 1 and 2 also. 

Edited by fitzjust1

dont quit!17
7 hours ago, Hansje said:

Of course I would see a Japanese doctor. I would go there.

I'm wondering if refills would be able to obtained and shipped with a Japanese MD prescription?

Edited by dont quit!17

dont quit!17
8 hours ago, House of Herpesians said:

@dont quit!17

I also do hope they would approve Amenolief as the new medication for HSV2 (^^)/ Considering the market of HSV2, Astelas will apply for the sales/product permission for FDA. In case of live vaccine, it may take another decade to be approved by FDA, but the drug has completed Phase 3 in the US, I personally believe the drug will be approved quickly (^^)

Has Astellas stated they will apply in the US? Or is that speculation?

Whyyyyy
9 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

It should work for both viruses. similar to valtrex but far more superior. We will have to wait and see. This is a good product and I've actually considered moving my family to Japan, haha.

I really hope you're right, I hope this works for HSV 2...I cannot handle any more disappointments. :(

House of Herpesians
1 hour ago, dont quit!17 said:

I'm wondering if refills would be able to obtained and shipped with a Japanese MD prescription?

Since I'm just an ordinary guy without any relation with medical professionals, I have no ideas about this... However, what I have experienced so far as a general Japanese is that we need the direct medical inspection of a doctor and his/her prescription to buy a newly-approved drug. This is also true when we ask the pharmacy to refill the same drug; we do need to see the doctor and ask the doctor to issue a prescription. Therefore, it will be fairly difficult to ask a doctor or a pharmacy to ship the drug to you in a foreign country...

1 hour ago, dont quit!17 said:

Has Astellas stated they will apply in the US? Or is that speculation?

This is just my personal speculation ..., or my personal wish... I believe neither of Maruho or Astelas has not yet applied for the sales/production permission in the US.

PurpleandGray

Could we get some sort of petition going? 

MoniqueLow
19 minutes ago, PurpleandGray said:

Could we get some sort of petition going? 

Sure, but as you can see on Halford's petition, it doesn't really work... thousands suffer and just over 1500 signatures :-( it's hard to get it to people even through H websites... They usually deleted it when I posted it (theravax petition) and some denied my access. The only one helpful is this one - HC. You would think they (other H websites) wanna help us, but they just care about money :-( what I do now, I promote HC on different forums, so people can come here and see the research. Sorry for long story... petition would be great if we can get to many people.

Edited by MoniqueLow

moialbalushi
22 minutes ago, House of Herpesians said:

Since I'm just an ordinary guy without any relation with medical professionals, I have no ideas about this... However, what I have experienced so far as a general Japanese is that we need the direct medical inspection of a doctor and his/her prescription to buy a newly-approved drug. This is also true when we ask the pharmacy to refill the same drug; we do need to see the doctor and ask the doctor to issue a prescription. Therefore, it will be fairly difficult to ask a doctor or a pharmacy to ship the drug to you in a foreign country...

This is just my personal speculation ..., or my personal wish... I believe neither of Maruho or Astelas has not yet applied for the sales/production permission in the US.

Hey buddy. Is it possible to put the link for the company holding this drug plz ? 

useless

There must be a way round this. People are ordering herpavac from RRussia why can't we get this medication over somehow.

Edited by useless

Whyyyyy

How sure are we that this drug is used to treat HSV?

Hansje
5 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

Yep. I am interested in knowing, if I could see a doctor in Japan and get a prescription, how much of the medication I would be allowed to take home.

Always wanted to go to Japan anyway.

crisper
17 minutes ago, Hansje said:

Yep. I am interested in knowing, if I could see a doctor in Japan and get a prescription, how much of the medication I would be allowed to take home.

Alway wanted to go to Japan anyway.

Ditto!  We can meet in Japan!!

Whyyyyy
51 minutes ago, useless said:

Is this drug for hsv2 only?

I don't think so...I don't know if it's even for HSV at all? Maybe I misread.

dont quit!17

This is the real deal. F*"# it I will take pills daily or once a week in order to guarantee non transmission to loved ones. I have no problems with that. 

Edited by dont quit!17

srinivas

Why there is no publicity for this amenalief,    is it for hsv?  Not much know about the amenalief can any one have more infrmation

OffTheGrid
1 hour ago, srinivas said:

Why there is no publicity for this amenalief,    is it for hsv?  Not much know about the amenalief can any one have more infrmation

Take a minute and read the links it's all there!

dont quit!17
11 hours ago, srinivas said:

I think everybody on HC is concentrating on Halford's vaccine but Im skeptical on it.  But as mentioned ^^^, read the links and it wouldn't hurt reading the threads as well. 

Whyyyyy
4 minutes ago, tijuana said:

Based on this article that has just been released online...the drug Amenalife/ASP2151 was deliberated today and was approved by the ministry of health in Japan. Can anyone confirm??!!

https://www.mixonline.jp/Article/tabid/55/artid/57582/Default.aspx

use google translate to read it

@House of Herpesians