World's Largest Herpes Support Group
JustHanginginThere

Asp2151 Japan update help?

dont quit!17
4 hours ago, Pokemon said:

Has anybody contacted the manufacturer to see if they are seeking approval for treatment of hsv-1 and hsv-2?

I read last year that they had no interest in seeking approval for HSV

NorCal_Herpster
15 hours ago, steel_panther said:

How is this miracle drug working for you ?

I’m extremely happy with Amenamevir.  

Vladimirherps
On 1/11/2019 at 5:37 AM, NorCal_Herpster said:

Hmmm, I’d say within the 1st couple of days, I noticed the skin irritation was gone and I felt totally normal.

Since my 1st order, they’ve reduced the price by $100.  I will continue to pay the money and keep my fingers crossed Pritelivir comes out soon.

Please help me I have also breakout 2 times every months the skin in my genital burning very bad. Do you think the new Japanese medicine could help and from where to order it. I have money I can order 

Vladimirherps
On 1/3/2019 at 9:09 PM, Dilan Melia said:

Do you have nerve pain / burning sensation while on valtrex alone?

I'm on suppresive treatment but still get very mild OB every 2 months and continuous nerve pain.  Luckily,  no major OB

Where do you get nerve pain ? I have this for 7 months now. Non stop 

MJR

Does anyone think that taking a quarter of a pill daily would help? 50mg? I've had HSV1G for about 9-10 months and haven't had an outbreak in 5 months, I do however get nerve pain almost daily. I don't take Antiviral for suppression but I am sick of dealing with the nerve pain. I was playing with the idea of getting on a script from my Doc for an antiviral and then ordering Amenalief and splitting pills into quarter in an attempt to not go broke in the process. Any thoughts on this?

NorCal_Herpster
5 hours ago, Vladimirherps said:

Please help me I have also breakout 2 times every months the skin in my genital burning very bad. Do you think the new Japanese medicine could help and from where to order it. I have money I can order 

I truly believe is this product and I do think it will help.  

You can order it at: www.mimaki-family-Japan.com.  Then search for Amenalief

Good luck.

Anon8
On 1/12/2019 at 11:38 AM, MJR said:

Does anyone think that taking a quarter of a pill daily would help? 50mg? I've had HSV1G for about 9-10 months and haven't had an outbreak in 5 months, I do however get nerve pain almost daily. I don't take Antiviral for suppression but I am sick of dealing with the nerve pain. I was playing with the idea of getting on a script from my Doc for an antiviral and then ordering Amenalief and splitting pills into quarter in an attempt to not go broke in the process. Any thoughts on this?

Same here — no ob’s With ghsv1, but the nerve/prodrome pain (whatever it is) is constant and makes me feel like there’s constant viral activity or shedding. Stressed about it! Dying for a solution or answers as to if I’m contagious. Wondering if this pill will help..

MJR
6 hours ago, Anon8 said:

Same here — no ob’s With ghsv1, but the nerve/prodrome pain (whatever it is) is constant and makes me feel like there’s constant viral activity or shedding. Stressed about it! Dying for a solution or answers as to if I’m contagious. Wondering if this pill will help..

I ended up ordering it, haven't gotten it yet. I will keep you updated on how it goes. I don't know how to check for shedding though. 

Toro
11 hours ago, MJR said:

I ended up ordering it, haven't gotten it yet. I will keep you updated on how it goes. I don't know how to check for shedding though. 

I am sure you will feel and love the outcome.This is a miracle pill for me.

MJR
4 hours ago, Toro said:

I am sure you will feel and love the outcome.This is a miracle pill for me.

So happy to hear that. 

MJR
18 hours ago, Anon8 said:

@MJR received them yet? Anxious to hear how you’re feeling.

Yes I did, so I have taking 100mg for 2 days then taking a day or 2 off to try and stretch out the package. They have defanilty helped my nerve pain in my legs/groin area, almost non-existent. However I still get tingling in my butt cheeks and I'm thinking if I took it every day I may see that subside. However so can't afford to do so. 

But it definitely works. 

Skrillah80
On 7/19/2018 at 7:12 PM, Mrspinkk said:

treatment approved !

What you mean miss pink? 

viralfrog

Hey guys, fellow sufferers.. we should work together on this to find out a viable way to get Amenalief at a reasonable price. Has anyone done research into this? 

So far we have the well known Mimaki family that sells the tablets at an outrageous price: https://www.mimaki-family-japan.com/item/detail?item_prefix=TF&item_code=705711&item_branch=001 US$542.49 for only 14 tablets.

I've been looking into buying the chemical directly from a chemical supplier, but all the prices I've found online are even more expensive for the raw powder:

Any chemists here or anyone else done research into this, that understands why the prices are so insanely high? Imagine if e.g. an Indian medical company could successfully copy this to sell online. Someone would get rich quickly. 

Edit, found also a list of Chinese chemical suppliers selling the product: https://www.chemicalbook.com/ProductList_En.aspx?kwd=ASP2151 - I only found one supplier who had listed the price, which was $500 for 5mg. 

Does anyone know if this drug is available at pharmacies (non-online) in Japan, and whether the price is the same? 

Edited by viralfrog

vzhe
10 hours ago, viralfrog said:

Hey guys, fellow sufferers.. we should work together on this to find out a viable way to get Amenalief at a reasonable price. Has anyone done research into this? 

So far we have the well known Mimaki family that sells the tablets at an outrageous price: https://www.mimaki-family-japan.com/item/detail?item_prefix=TF&item_code=705711&item_branch=001 US$542.49 for only 14 tablets.

I've been looking into buying the chemical directly from a chemical supplier, but all the prices I've found online are even more expensive for the raw powder:

Any chemists here or anyone else done research into this, that understands why the prices are so insanely high? Imagine if e.g. an Indian medical company could successfully copy this to sell online. Someone would get rich quickly. 

Edit, found also a list of Chinese chemical suppliers selling the product: https://www.chemicalbook.com/ProductList_En.aspx?kwd=ASP2151 - I only found one supplier who had listed the price, which was $500 for 5mg. 

Does anyone know if this drug is available at pharmacies (non-online) in Japan, and whether the price is the same? 

I've had $8000 worth of pritelivir mesylate monohydrate salt manufactured and it was (in theory) more than a lifetime supply. It sits in my closet. I'm not using it because I don't trust it. It gets cheaper in larger quantities, but still too risky for me to actually put into my body. What you're looking for is contract manufacturing. You can find chinese and indian suppliers on Alibaba. I did.

You'd need someone who is qualified to actually validate that the product is what it claims to be to do this successfully. I'm simply no chemist and wasn't willing to take the risk.

Edited by vzhe

jmherped
On 5/31/2017 at 6:08 PM, OFMDH said:

My understanding was that ASP2151 is for both Herpes Zoster (shingles ) and for us with Herpes Simplex 1/2. They have done their clinical trials with the FDA, so it would appear this could come to the US market (dont know when). 

In Phase 2 it tested different doses for shedding/time to heal etc vs valtrex and since then they completed  HSV Phase 3 /Zoster Phase 3  in 2016. When tested in people among the varying doses  (100mg to 200mg was the best) it was comparable to  1g Valtrex in efficacy in terms of OB reduction and shedding. [source]. It would appear Japan's regulators approved of it first for Herpes Zoster (antivirals have not been that good against it) and they approved a dose of 200mg.

They had to do another Phase 1 safety trial which just started last year. They had a wrench thrown into the works when urine samples showed supersaturation with the blood/plasma levels were appearing fine. Thus they had to totally revise the urine analysis methods/ collection and testing to retest and submit data for approval in December 2016.

Is that enough for the USA market? I don't know if they can stop there and use that data to get approval to now sell or it has to go further. Maybe up to a committee at the FDA?

Otherwise maybe the company's goal with ASP2151 is to get it approved and then go for niches that Valtrex and other antivirals are not servicing so well since its efficacy is comparable to Valtrex anyways. For instance I believe I've seen literature about using it to try and combat Postherpetic neuralgia a complication of Herpes Zoster and the company has since also filed this Clinical Trial  with Ciclosporin, a drug for organ transplantation. There appears to be a lot of future testing with this drug. 

TL:DR: For people in which valtrex or one of the analogues for it doesn't work, this drug ASP2151 aka Amenamevir appears to be a safe and effective alternative and may make it to market eventually in the USA (not sure when). It may also one day be used as part a potential combination therapy with a nucleoside analogue antiviral agent like Famvir/Valtrex, etc. requiring a smaller dose. 

Otherwise maybe the company's goal with ASP2151 is to get it approved and then go for niches that Valtrex and other antivirals are not servicing "

Did you mean riches or niches???

jmherped
24 minutes ago, vzhe said:

I've had $8000 worth of pritelivir mesylate monohydrate salt manufactured and it was (in theory) more than a lifetime supply. It sits in my closet. I'm not using it because I don't trust it. It gets cheaper in larger quantities, but still too risky for me to actually put into my body. What you're looking for is contract manufacturing. You can find chinese and indian suppliers on Alibaba. I did.

You'd need someone who is qualified to actually validate that the product is what it claims to be to do this successfully. I'm simply no chemist and wasn't willing to take the risk.

wow, that's awesome.  You can have it tested at a lab, it only costs 350$.  You just send them a gram of it and they will tell you exactly the chemical structure and test it for heavy metals and impurities.   There are private labs that offer this service, and some University labs will do it also.  Where are you based?  I would love to get some of that from you! 

jmherped

Actually, I want to have some Amenavir made as it has already passed safety testing in Japan at least. 

27 minutes ago, vzhe said:

Where did you have it manufactured?  Can you name the company? 

viralfrog
14 hours ago, jmherped said:

Actually, I want to have some Amenavir made as it has already passed safety testing in Japan at least. 

Where did you have it manufactured?  Can you name the company? 

We should try and get a group of people together, get it manufactured and split the cost and product. 

jmherped
1 hour ago, viralfrog said:

We should try and get a group of people together, get it manufactured and split the cost and product. 

Yes, I'm in.  I am broke at the moment though, and it sounds like we would need a lot of people as the order would have to be quite large.  I would like to know where vzhe had his product manufactured.  I don't have time right now to look into labs, but I will in the near future.  I am 100% focused on business at the moment... 

dont quit!17
19 hours ago, vzhe said:

I remember that. The sad thing is that it is probably safe to take and you would almost be functionally cured. But without verification it is indeed a risk. 

Edited by dont quit!17

vzhe
2 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

I remember that. The sad thing is that it is probably safe to take and you would almost be functionally cured. But without verification it is indeed a risk. 

Amenamevir seems to be doing that for me. At least I have no symptoms. If it stays that way I'm less motivated to do anything else. If it's not enough I'm more than willing to pay someone to do the whole analysis and all that, but we'd need a real chemist with experience.

I'd pay a lot also for someone to develop a shedding study as a service company. We don't seem to have the right people on this forum. No one has stepped up.

Edited by vzhe

dont quit!17
2 hours ago, vzhe said:

Amenamevir seems to be doing that for me. At least I have no symptoms. If it stays that way I'm less motivated to do anything else. If it's not enough I'm more than willing to pay someone to do the whole analysis and all that, but we'd need a real chemist with experience.

I'd pay a lot also for someone to develop a shedding study as a service company. We don't seem to have the right people on this forum. No one has stepped up.

If I had the time to do that it would be interesting. But with work, children and plans to start going back to school next month. It is unrealistic for me. 

But in what way could you start a shedding service like that? Would you need certs or licenses? I take half or most of the business would be done online. 

I have a good healthcare background but not much on the business side. And I wish I understood the whole chemistry side of things better. That is fairly complicated subject. I only have one course under my belt, haha. 

nope1234
On 1/12/2019 at 5:52 AM, Toro said:

Me too

how often and how much are u taking?