World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

Sign in to follow this  
JP0315

Had Shingles at age 28.

JP0315

I got my fist Cold sore at age 27. I have only had two Outbreaks since then. (I'm 29 now). I did however, got a Shingles outbreak at age 28 (About a month or two, after my second Cold sore outbreak). I know its rare to get a second Outbreak of Shingles. Since getting the Shingle outbreak. I havent gotten a cold sore outbreak. Is it possible that my body developed a stronger immune system cause of the Shingle Virus? I also heard that some people get two Cold sore Outbreaks their whole lives. Just wondering if anyone here have dealt with these two different Outbreaks.  

Thanks

JP

WilsoInAus

Actually it is pretty rare to have so few issues with shingles, cold sores, german measles etc.

About half the people with HSV-1 experience outbreaks averaging 1-2 a year. The other half only get them during periods of extreme stress. I think this is likely to have happened to you and contributed to your shingles outbreak as well?

Your immune system has always been strong and probably dipped for a couple of years given some circumstances.

JP0315

Whats odd is that, I've been under a lot of stress, not eating healthy, nor sleeping good. Having about 3 hours of sleep a day these past few weeks. I also gotten sick a couple of months such as cold, no fevers tho. And not one single outbreak. When I got my second OB I wasn't stressed at all. It was very mild OB too with a fever that lasted for 2 hours. After that I felt normal. The Ob wasn't as bad as the first either. 

Edited by JP0315

WilsoInAus

The fever would not have been caused by HSV. Your body was reacting to something else and this may have given HSV its opportunity to outbreak. Stress can come in the form of mental stress from work, family etc. but also a physical stress from other viruses. When it comes to lips, physical 'trauma' the lips themselves can trigger an outbreak. This includes sunburn, windburn from skiing etc.

Where was your shingles outbreak and how diagnosed as such?

JP0315

My Shingle outbreak was located on my lower side back. I Had four blisters that were very itchy and went to the doctors and they looked at it and said it was shingles. 

blue84

I had shingles for first time and it sucked ..I realize how bad it was week later..middle of my left side back..pain full shit...anyways am 31 and got h2 am not sure if it's commom but old people get this not young..feel for u..a day before I got shingles I felt bit ligth and weird it was a weird feeling my immune system was down. 

SureWhyNot

Hello JPO315 and blue84. I can only speak from my own experience but I too was getting OB's on my left butt near my spine. Mine were incredibly painful and I assumed Shingles also. After seeing ND he explained mine were Sacral Outbreaks. There is not a lot of information published but may be worth looking up to help avoid other OB's.

Certainly may not be your case but I had never heard this was yet another option for the virus to show itself.

bluebell1

Hello there! I have had cold sores a lot since I was a kid on my mouth and canker sores (not sure those are related). Although it is "rare" supposedly to have more than 1 shingles outbreak in your life. However, my grandmother, mother, myself and an aunt have had it multiple times. The first time I got shingles I was only in my mid 20s, then again during a pregnancy. My grandmother lost vision in one of her eyes due to nerve or some type of shingles-induced damage. So, I wonder since I am so susceptibe to this stuff if that's partly why I got HSV1 down there and if I can get the shingles shot at only 38? I know most insurance plans won't cover it until you are 50 + or 60+ as preventive care which means you foot the cost IF they will even give you the shot at all - I've tried, too young. Course, that was before this herpes stuff.

Either way, I hope you are feeling better and sorry you are going through all this!!! There has to be an answer there for us who suffer from multiple outbreaks of herpes in different areas, etc.

Edited by bluebell1

cowpoke02

Man it sounds like genetics with shingles or passed through parents .  Mouth sores are common .   Don't share spoons with babies and such . Lol . Hemp oil works on shingles .  Meds work too I think .   

I have a internal like shingles . Nerve damage pressure points . Gotten better . Was chronic triggered by food.  Had to sprinkle tumoric on m food to stop pain . Found something else to cancel out nerve damage pain .  Fun times .  Knowing what it was got if of stress that made it worse .   

Good luck .  I might start a relaxing resort for all these members . Lol.  Answer is balance food .  Hi  triggers . Less boozes .  No stress .  Lysine in-between meals . Olive oil on food .  Being dumb happy . Sleep .   Dynamclear is the best I've found .  Manuka NZ health honey .  

MistressRaina

I had my first shingles outbreak when I was 12. Left side abdominal area.  It was horrible,  but according to my mom,  I also had chicken pot twice as a toddler, so it seems that viruses totally kick my butt.  Whenever I get too stressed out,  the shingles pops up again,  but now on my leg instead of my side. Ive been doing my best to stay as stress free as possible,  so I haven't had an ob since 2013. I'm hoping that's the only herpes I have,  but we'll find out for sure within the next couple weeks.  One thing that I found that helps is loose fitting clothing,  wrapping it with gauze,  and aloe Vera lotion to help ease and heal.  The sun burn gel with aloe works wonderfully,  and helps with the pain if it has lidocane in it.