World's Largest Herpes Support Group
LillianPanos

ZOTEN Zno

LillianPanos

I had put an order now no response. So I am still trying to find someone in Kiel Germany to buy it. Anyone have people in Germany? 

Vista

I called the pharmacy as per the contact info provided by Lillian via a link to the pharmacy website.  I called today and spoke with them.  They have the product but will not ship it outside of Germany. 

As for the facility that makes the zinc tetrapodal nanopartical...I spoke with someone there this morning.  The person who looks after the production of this type of zinc was not in the office at the time of my call.  She took my contact info and said the person would call me.  I will call back in a few hours.  

I am in Canada and spoke to a compounding pharmacy about this type of zinc.  Thepharmacist read the study and was very interested.  He contacted the distributor for compounding products in Canada.  The distributor investigated and found out this type of zinc has a paten and can't be obtained in Canada at this time.  

Hope this helps those following this thread.  If I find out more, I will post

mcmich

Maybe someone who has a friend in Germany could purchase it in bulk and ship it to interested members.

honey_6974

Kiel is about an 8 hour drive from me. I could collect this stuff and ship it if it would genuinely help people. That said, I'm not sure the product is available to buy in bulk.

LillianPanos

I had put an order now no response. So I am still trying to find someone in Kiel Germany to buy it. Anyone have people in Germany?

Thankk you personal message me

5 hours ago, honey_6974 said:

Kiel is about an 8 hour drive from me. I could collect this stuff and ship it if it would genuinely help people. That said, I'm not sure the product is available to buy in bulk.

StayingUpbeat

I'm not familiar enough with the therapeutic application of this technology but zinc oxide tetrapods are basically an industrial compound that can be ordered from all kinds of places: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Tetrapod-Shape-Zinc-Oxide-ZnO-Whisker_60193156730.html

I would guess the manufacturer is dissolving it in something to make it a cream but if that's the only change I don't see why going through all of these steps would be necessary.

Don't be surprised, however, when this makes no difference (or makes outbreaks worse like zinc sulfate ).

@lw@ys
13 hours ago, StayingUpbeat said:

I'm not familiar enough with the therapeutic application of this technology but zinc oxide tetrapods are basically an industrial compound that can be ordered from all kinds of places: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Tetrapod-Shape-Zinc-Oxide-ZnO-Whisker_60193156730.html

I would guess the manufacturer is dissolving it in something to make it a cream but if that's the only change I don't see why going through all of these steps would be necessary.

Don't be surprised, however, when this makes no difference (or makes outbreaks worse like zinc sulfate ).

Zinc Sulfate works amazingly well for me.

tired
On 10/23/2016 at 11:22 AM, honey_6974 said:

This is great news. I'm sure that we'd all be grateful if you could do this. Have you been able to contact the distributor?

Also, I've been taking zinc. Does anyone know the difference between zinc and zinc sulfate in relation to this situation?

honey_6974
11 hours ago, tired said:

This is great news. I'm sure that we'd all be grateful if you could do this. Have you been able to contact the distributor?

Also, I've been taking zinc. Does anyone know the difference between zinc and zinc sulfate in relation to this situation?

Another forum member contacted me about this privately, though I see no reason to keep my response confidential. Here is my response:

I don't know much about Zoten or how it would help, other than a couple of articles stating that it could potentially hold some promise. Assuming I can get the stuff, would you know how to use it? Is it therapeutic or only prophylactic?

The other issues I see are:

• I don't have time to try and communicate with doctors in Germany. My involvement would be limited to collecting an order and forwarding it to you and others.
  • How much of this stuff do we need, and how much can we get our hands on? I vaguely recall reading that the scientists in Germany want to patent the product and sell it through some biotech startup. I'm not sure they'd want me cutting into their potential profits. Also if I'm only able to get a small quantity of the product, it's 16 hours of driving for me to help very few people. That may sound selfish, but I'm a busy guy.
  • I'm not sure of the legality of shipping pharmaceutical products internationally. Obviously I don't want to potentially be accused of dealing drugs. Perhaps I'm being too paranoid on this one, but I'm ignorant on the topic and I don't want to get in trouble with the law.

Considering the above and some things others have already said, this is looking less feasible. Also, both of my cars are recreational, so I'm running them on Summer tyres and it just started snowing here. And my travel schedule is quite full for the rest of the year.

Juggalo

I tried this out here in Germany (the original cream mentioned in this thread), but it sadly does not seem to help with outbreaks.
Sadly, for me at least, it is just a waste of money. If you put too much of the cream on the bubbles, you could even spread some more herpes fluid on the sorrounding healthy skin, so take care. 

Edited by Juggalo

headsup1

You actually purchased the Zoten Zno from  Gorch Fock Apotheke Kiel? How long did you use it for?

Helios

I recently purchased a tube of this stuff. While I think it holds potential benefit, the application seems somewhat limited, as:

- the study suggests, its mode of action requires that the body's dendric cells get a hold of the herpes virus, trapped by the zink tetrapods - which limits this more or less to intra-vaginal use - males probably dont benefit nearly as much (to be confirmed?)

- it seems to be mostly prophylactic, suggested to be used before intercourse, but applying one tube each time isnt really stustainable or cost effective

That said, in theory - if you apply it on affected areas, the cream will trap the virus, which will allow the immune system better access to it and generate a better response the next time - potentially increasing antibody count and decreasing outbreak severity/frequency. 

f3.jpg

Helios

Thats the other side. Just states the contents and the storage life date.

Edited by Helios

@lw@ys

I wonder what effect this would have on open sores. Would it still trap the virus and allow the immune system to attack? Might be on to something? How could we go about purchasing this? I use zinc sulfate for on coming OB's and it works well for me.

LillianPanos
4 hours ago, Helios said:

I recently purchased a tube of this stuff. While I think it holds potential benefit, the application seems somewhat limited, as:

- the study suggests, its mode of action requires that the body's dendric cells get a hold of the herpes virus, trapped by the zink tetrapods - which limits this more or less to intra-vaginal use - males probably dont benefit nearly as much (to be confirmed?)

- it seems to be mostly prophylactic, suggested to be used before intercourse, but applying one tube each time isnt really stustainable or cost effective

That said, in theory - if you apply it on affected areas, the cream will trap the virus, which will allow the immune system better access to it and generate a better response the next time - potentially increasing antibody count and decreasing outbreak severity/frequency. 

f3.jpg

Where are you located? Where did you purchase it?

Second_chance
4 hours ago, Helios said:

f3.jpg

Can you please take a picture of the full label, it's hard to read with the letters cut off. Thank you! 

@lw@ys
12 minutes ago, Second_chance said:

Can you please take a picture of the full label, it's hard to read with the letters cut off. Thank you! 

He already did that by taking pictures of both sides ;)

Second_chance
2 hours ago, @lw@ys said:

He already did that by taking pictures of both sides ;)

Yes but if he could take a picture of the full label that would be great...thanks. 

RVX Patient and Investor

is there any published research on this?  anything peer reviewed?

Second_chance
10 hours ago, LillianPanos said:

Where are you located? Where did you purchase it?

Yes, are we able to purchase this online. I can tried to look it up and can't find it anywhere! 

LillianPanos
10 hours ago, Second_chance said:

Yes, are we able to purchase this online. I can tried to look it up and can't find it anywhere! 

Ok will look for it...Thanks