Herpes in the Bible

frustrated123

Leprosy is real and very different from herpes. There are still cases of leprosy today. Honestly I'd rather have herpes.

I am sorry to hear that you suffer so with this virus. My heart goes out to you. I know how cruel humans can be and it is a shame.

Just try to remember that you are a unique and wonderful person and that you deserve to be loved and respected. You deserve lots of hugs and affection and to live a full and happy life. Please don't let people bring you down because of their ignorance.

Hugs to you.

yeah, leprosy is leprosy and it is a vile and sad affliction. Read up on the leper colonies on Molokai (hawaii) as well as other places. Just...sad.

if I had to choose between the two, I would for sure just stick with my lousy old herpes. At least my body parts are not falling off of me!!!

Hope you feel better and the "leper" feelings have subsided.

• 6 months later...

This is hard...

First of all I am new to this and I lack some info and I am confused about a couple things. First off...Can you really pass on GH by kissing?...Even if you have NEVER given oral sex...but has kissed parner who has given oral sex? I don't know I am confused! I have not had an outbreak yet and I hope it stays that way. I am just going crazy in my head because it is in my blood and I am so mad at the guy who gave it to me because now I feel dirty, used, and it is like I will never acctually rid myself of this and get clean. I understand God is letting me suffer the consequences that I brought unto myself and I made a horrible mistake, I know, but I just can not come to accept this thing in my body that has stolen my innocence and cleanliness. I feel that I will not meet a man and have a marriage that accepts that I have this virus that lasts forever. I feel there is hope that I can be cured though...through God! If it is his will he will do it! He is a mountain mover...and he can change my life around completely if he wants. I just have to keep my faith strong and my head up high. It is hard though when you see the public and they all look so normal and peaceful...just like it is a average day with no problems except the obligations and goals that have to be met as always. If there are a lot of ppl who have this disease then I def. can not read it on their faces...I never see anyone even looking depressed. It is ridiculous! It is like I am the only one there that made this stupid mistake and ruined my life completely...wait I have to stop thinking this way....God would not want me to think this way! OK i can do this! I will do this through Jesus Christ. I just need some support you guys...help me out PLEASE! thank you so much!

Hi Dreaming,

Things may look a little bleak right now but it will get better as many here can attest to. You will be able to find a man that's willing to accept all of you. Keep the faith that it will happen.

As for kissing, you can not pass on genital herpes by kissing someone. You can pass type 2 orally, which is usually the GH type but it would be oral hsv-type 2. You can infect or be infected genitally with either type with intercourse or oral sex but if it's on your lips it is an oral infection.

I hope that explains it for you. Hang in there sweetie!

I would rather have it on my mouth than genitals, unfortunately I have both. For as long as I can remember, I had cold sores on my mouth, it was never a problem but soon as I got it genetally, felt like my world was coming to an end.

"I just have to keep my faith strong and my head up high. It is hard though when you see the public and they all look so normal and peaceful...just like it is a average day with no problems except the obligations and goals that have to be met as always. If there are a lot of ppl who have this disease then I def. can not read it on their faces...I never see anyone even looking depressed. It is ridiculous! It is like I am the only one there that made this stupid mistake and ruined my life completely..."

Dreaming, imagine you're standing on a busy street corner, watching the people who pass you on the sidewalk. They all seem like normal, well adjusted people to you, the casual observer. They all seem to have places to go, things to do, lives to live. What you can't see on the surface is that this one's husband died recently, and her heart died with him. That one's teenage son was arrested on drug charges last night. This one just found out his wife has been having an affaire, and he's in so much pain he can't even think. That one just left the dr's office, where he was diagnosed with cancer. You get the picture.

You seem to think you should be able to distinguish those with herpes by the hangdog expression on their faces, but for some, having herpes would be a relief... better than trying to carry the burden on their shoulders that's pushing them to their knees day after day. It's all relative.

I don't like having herpes. Nobody does. But would I rather have leukemia, or lose a loved one, or have my dog die? Hell no. Pass the Valtrex and a glass of wine to toast the little bastards with... to their health... and may they keep the bigger problems at bay.

I'm guessing you're pretty young, so I'm going to do the 'Mom' thing on you. At some point in your life, something is going to come along that really fucks you over and makes you cry uncle. And it won't be herpes. In spite of the fact that herpes has you pinned to the floor now, herpes will seem like pretty small potatoes then. And when it happens, regardless of what it is, someone just like you now, will be casually observing, wondering why no one looks as unhappy as they are, and they'll count you in with all the other seemingly happy, well adjusted people passing by. Then you'll understand how really relative it all is.

Writercll, I always check out your posts as they are so funny, and I have to say that you have the most brilliant attitude I have come across on these forums (are you really a writer by the way?).

@ Dreaming, I know exactly how you feel as I was in the same state myself a few months ago. Then the day came when I just thought "Fuck this, I'm a beautiful (if I do say so myself) intelligent (ditto) young woman with her life ahead of her, I'm at a great college, I have a great boyfriend, I'm living in a country than offers universal health care :rolleyes:, I refuse to have my life ruined by an occasionally itchy vagina and some ignorant morons who think that having this disease makes me a slut".

I made the decision not to let the virus run my life anymore. I am me, Lucie, and not Lucie + Herpes.

And if a paranoid nutcase like me can have this kind of attitude, then so can you :wink:.

• 4 months later...
broken_faith16

I don't like having herpes. Nobody does. But would I rather have leukemia, or lose a loved one, or have my dog die? Hell no. Pass the Valtrex and a glass of wine to toast the little bastards with... to their health... and may they keep the bigger problems at bay.

ohmigoodness, that one almost made me pee myself laughing and i really needed that after everything. i love your positive position on the whole deal that what might be considered a curse can also be a blessing......i love your spirit!

broken_faith16

felt

btw- i felt the same way. i believe in god, ive only had 4 sexual partners and all were long term relationships but one man that took advantage of me.......cough....and the last one is now my old man......it didint seem fait that people who go sleeping around all the time and dont get one little germ and yet i had clamydia from one(that we split shortly later cus he was a cheater)and now i might have this! it almost feels as if im being punished for something......if this is what im getting now, what next the clap, or the one disease that i dont even wanna say the name of.....sheesh, id like to think im a good person, im married and i came close to cheating but never did and my hubby has always been faithful......is it cus of me having premarital.....sigh.

"lord please let me not have this infliction, let it be a smaller issue like an allergy...but if it is your will and there is some lesson or good from it lord, so be it. if the lord can die on the cross for me, this is a small burden to bear, besides it is not even painful.....amen"

Do you think that the leprosy talked about in the Bible was herpes? That's how I feel about myself when I get an outbreak on my mouth.

Sweetie, leprosy is right now a curable disease, and only the poorest of the poor suffer from it. People from Africa, India...

World Health Organization is taking care of it and probably soon they will win the battle. So forget about leprosy, looks different, feels different and it's not a curse, it's caused by the poverty.

You have a cold sore, and 80% people in America, and UK have it. Many kids have it. They kiss each other at kindergarten and spread it. It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's just a tiny virus. And you are a sweet, lovable person . What you can do is help your body to fight it and decrease the number of outbreaks.

Read on this website about a diet, supplements, vitamins and black thought, which are your enemy number 1. Stress by itself can cause OB.

Get oil of oregano, people with cold sores are very happy with results:

" Originally Posted by coalminer View Post

This really worked for me: Oil of Oregano is excellent and really works. Best source I’ve found is: http://www.bio-alternatives.net For the sore that first appears, use Dynamiclear if you can, let it dry for and hour or so, then start “Purell with Aloe” and apply it often. If alone, use Oil of Oregano on the area (it smells). For genital herpes apply it from the tail bone and up to your waist on the spine. Use Oil of Oregano 3 times daily under tongue (4+ drops) and apply on spine from tail bone to as high as waist at night before bed for 30 days or more. Some claim this has cured them (or permanently stopped outbreaks). It seems to have cured me. For oral herpes you can also apply it on spine at back of neck and down to shoulder blades. Oil of Oregano kills the virus."

Good luck with this and stay strong. Read all posts, see that you are not alone and people like you end up with happy lives.;)

• 2 months later...

Are you trying to hurt yourself? We are not lepers, some people are simply scared of H, and cannot see how good you are through this fear.

You know, you are a very intelligent, probably very attractive young man. I think, whoever doesn't take a chance with you is losing something. But it's up to them. Cannot change it.

Patience, you will get what you want.;)

Patience, you will get what you want.;)

In theory. Good things dont always come to those who wait! sometimes you have to make them happen. lol though even then sometimes it doesnt happen.

• 2 weeks later...

reality is god allows us to experience the consequenses of our actions in everything, maybe thats why he didnt want anyone having sex before marriage? H is just one of the reasons along with all the babies being raised without any fathers..broken relationships..etc.. the list goes on... its not a punishment , its just a fact of life , and ther are many things we feel the consequences of as we go through life...and as far as all those other people? im sure they have been exposed to something down the road, and eventually they will get it also if they keep doing what thier doing...nothing changes if nothing changes...this virus makes one grow up in many areas of thier life,,makes you look deeper with in yourself and to know who you really are and what areas you need to work on in yourself...take advantage of it, dont get me wrong im not judging anyone..hell im here with this virus also..but i know a higher power is probably protecting me from something worse, and i needed to look at maybe changing somethings in myself ...doesnt really matter how we got it, wether we were in a committed relationship or not, their is a lesson to be learned about something deeper with in ourselves that maybe one needs to look at.. thats how im looking at it anyway for me...