Not so bad after all!... Looking for support in the DMV (any FB groups)

Hello 

I live in the DMV/Baltimore area and was diagnosed a little over a year ago. I only have like two penpals but no one really here in area. A couple of people I've met are still on the downside of the news. I'm more so coming to terms with it and accepting it as one of my truths. This has made me happier. So... Now I'm more so looking for positive 'positives' who still enjoy life and see how they date and manage normal life changes (marriage, child-bearing, prevention and suppression). I also feel like I have a calling for outreach, so also feel free to chat with me:) Peace

Here is one group that I hope isn't too far from you:

http://metrodchelp.org/

I can help you get into the secret Herpster FB groups which there are hundreds.  Most of these groups are NOT support groups, but just fun groups to meet other Herpsters.  Many are based in geography and I am sure there is one near you.  There is one main group called Swirls which has over 4,900 Herpsters in it.  Swirls also has a list of all the other groups so you can find the one near you.

Although these groups are secret and your friends won't see that you have joined them and if you post in a group it does not show up on your timeline, most people create a 2nd FB profile to join them.  They use their real first name and the name of city as their last.  I can get you into Swirls if you want.  When you have the profile you want to join them with, send me a PM and I will send you a link to my fake profile.  We have to be FB friends first for me to add you to Swirls.

Good luck!

JB

• 2 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Single ➵ You may like to try the Dating App

• Similar Content

• Jesusislove777
      By Jesusislove777
      Hello, 
      I was diagnosed with hsv1&2 earlier this year. I was prescribed 1g of valtrex (valacyclovir) a day for suppressive therapy.  Valtrex helps greatly with my symtoms, but I recently had to leave my job for health reasons and will no longer have health insurance to get prescribed valtrex. 
      Does anyone know where I can purchase valtrex (valacyclovir) online without a prescription?
    • Neuro_loss
      By Neuro_loss
      Hello,
      Looking for a little advice, thanks in advance to anyone who can provide any. Sorry long post but it's an unusual case.....
      Although a new member here I am, unfortunately, a veteran HSV2 sufferer, contracted over 30 years ago. Male, 55yo, hetero, married. 
      It has always been an irritant, but liveable, or so I thought, as although outbreaks are frequent the lesions are rarely anywhere that cause a big problem.
      The virus entered via the genitals, as for most, but after the primary outbreak the lesions are mostly at the base of the spine or behind my ear, occasionally on the chin but almost never on the classic sites of lips or genitals. So it hasn't been a big headache for my sex life over the years, which is a big plus, and I've never passed it to anyone despite having quite a few partners, for which I am very grateful.
      However, for the last 2-3 years I've been suffering slowly increasing neurological symptoms, starting with deafness and Menieres-type symptoms in the right ear, and recently pyloric sphincter reflux issues,  scary moments when I almost-vomit while falling asleep, and increasingly poor digestion. My intellect and concentration is not what it was, either. Frequent night sweats and low fevers.
      After tests for MS and all sorts of other things and noticing that my HSV2 antibodies level is off the scale (I stupidly hadn't informed him about HSV2 as I thought it irrelevant) on an almost permanent basis, my doctor thinks the immune system is causing neurological damage due to being activated permanently against the HSV2 (uselessly I might add) - so similar to MS in a way. He says it's rare, but it happens.
      Soon I will have the first appointment with the neurologist to discuss this, but at the moment Covid19 is making getting an appointment difficult.
      Obviously I need to change my life to live it in a way that will calm the HSV2, as it's not going anywhere.  Reduced sugar, reduced alcohol, reduced high-arginine foods (I love Brazil nuts 😞 ) seems the way to go. Fasting works quite well but difficult when at home (I work away sometimes but not atm due to Covid)

Right - that advice....
      I want to start with some dietary supplements to help. Lysine about 3g and Zinc 25mg looks a good place to start. Any other "obvious" ones?  What about the dietary change, I like cream as well, does that have to go too? 😞
      Any other obvious things I should be considering? 

• Megneedshelp1
      By Megneedshelp1
      So this is going to be a long one but please stick it out. I’ll be extremely grateful.
      So after going to my doctors for a general check up due to me having Molluscum (had during childhood, but reappeared when I was 19) he mentioned having a routine STD check.
      I thought nothing of it and accepted. Everything came back negative, syphillis, chlamydia, ghonnerea and HIV. 
      What I didn’t realise is that herpes wasn’t a routine test and I started looking online about what herpes involved. I was scared and uncertain about my status now beings as the more I read. The more symptoms I believe I’ve had.
      starting in 2018 I had developed iritis which apparently can be a result of H. This however was during a stressful period of my life. 
      Since my first sexual partner my posterior fourchette has always been weak and I have little tears (not serious) ever since. They heal within a day. 
      However. Whilst itchiness, blisters, soreness is the typical symptoms for when people have it (and I have never had) I have noticed that I have had a very very thin, not deep, none sore (unless touched) cut on my inner labia a few weeks ago. 
      Then three days ago I had a tiny tiny cut which resembled more of very thin tear I guess it closer to a definition, since the one on my labia was more of a cut ( but I would also say like a scratch) on the upper part of my genitals just where the pubic area ended. It was quite sore when touched but didn’t bother me otherwise. I have had this cut before however typically when my pubic hair is growing back. In around about the same area which goes away within 2-3 days maximum.
      Does this seem like genital herpes?
      further more, I now have concerns about my mouth too. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. And had occurred two days after I started panicking about this, so I would say I was extremely stressed.
      My tongue turned Pale and patchy with red indents on my tongue. Ulcers (eventhough they didn’t hurt) appeared on the back of the sides of my tongue. The sores then travelled all along the sides of my tongue to the tip of my tongue. (A few yellow patches still being on the back of either side of my tongue) Being in one place, then moving to another. I must say that I had smaller sores and then I had food poisoning which resulted in vomiting which then made the sores triple in amount. Also there are light yellow patches/dots on the back of my throat. 
      I have been using salt water rinses and bonjella on the sores. It’s important to note that the sores don’t hurt or irritate me UNLESS I use the bonjela which causes them to burn a little. 
      I have never had anything like this in my mouth before and this has lasted two weeks,  And I guess I’m just extremely upset because I’ve only had two sexual partners. And have been with my current partner for two years. So for all of this to suddenly occur has created so much stress for me. I’ve already told him that there is a possibility since I wanted to be open from the very beginning, but since the COVID scares, anywhere I could get the cuts on my genital swabbed is closed and it’s already gone now. So I’m hoping I could eat some advice here .. 
      when seeing my GP about my mouth she said it didnt look like herpes and was quite certain. She said it just looked like ulcers and said it could be down to the immense stress I’ve put myself under due to panicking.
      So... Is this thrush/stress/herpes??? 
      Here are the links to the Reddit page I made showing the problems with my mouth as I unfortunately have no pictures of my genital cut.
      https://www.reddit.com/user/MegneedsHelp/comments/fql64p/is_this_herpes/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
      https://www.reddit.com/user/MegneedsHelp/comments/fql040/is_this_herpes/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
      https://www.reddit.com/user/MegneedsHelp/comments/fqkzlh/is_this_herpes/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

THANK YOU 
    • Cwnohrts
      By Cwnohrts
      we have both been experiencing cold like symptoms , chills ( no fever) , cough , congestion , body just feels weak . Is this a ob sign ? no new sores have surfaced , except for some vaginal itchiness for me . ( may be a yeast infection from something i used to ease symptoms during previous ob) 
    • Fernie
      By Fernie
      Hey guys I tested HSV 2 (IGG), Type-Spec AB 0.95 (equivocal) back on 2/27. I just retested and received my results today (blood was drawn on Monday) and it’s coming up equivocal again 🤦‍♂️. 

The results on this second test were 
      HSV 2 (IGG),TYPE-SPEC ABYour Value0.94
      Unit: index
      (NOTE)
      Index Interpretation
      ----- --------------
      <0.90 Negative
      0.90-1.09 Equivocal
      >1.09 Positive

I’ve never had an outbreak and although I’m promiscuous, I do use condoms. The amount of igg detected has dropped by .01 and I’m assuming that if I did have it it should have gone up not down. Now I’m no doctor but even the doctors are confused about the equivocal results. 

I had the first doctor tell me it’s the same as a positive but I read differently online. This same doctor also told me that if you don’t have an outbreak you can’t pass it, which is false. So I definitely didn’t trust that first doctor and went for a second opinion. 

The second opinion was altogether lost about the equivocal results. They didn’t have a good answer and suggested another test. They also examined my genital area for any outbreak (which they didn’t find because I’ve never had one). Another equivocal result this time slightly lower I’m pretty sure at this point all I can do is wait it out a month and get tested again. I wanna have sex so bad but at the same time I’m a responsible person and definitely would not want to pass anything on to anybody so I’ve been holding out until I know for sure I do or don’t have it. 

@WilsoInAus
      one last thing... one of the doctors there did say that if you come in contact with a minuscule amount (not enough to infect you, because most people do come in contact with minuscule amounts.) that that’s the reason we have the igg antibodies in our body. So I was thinking maybe I could have come in contact with a small amount and thus the reason for this equivocal amount. I dunno I’m fucking confused.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Charlee
      No diagnosis yet. I haven’t had sex in 3 months, this just popped up yesterday. No warning. I have had sex with 2 men in the last 10 years and they were both this year. One unprotected, we both were tested and negative for everything. No hsv test since neither of us had symptoms. The ulcer is near my clitoris. The only thing I can think of is possibly friction from suction vibrator a couple days before this showed up. Please help, I’m terrified. 
    • Dawid
      Nath kiepsko z twoją nadzieją czarno to widzę. O ile patrzyłem sprawdź sam clinical trials Priteliviru. Badanie Priteliviru kończy fazę 2 w maju 2021 roku.Gdzie jeszcze faza 3 może 2024 rok to bym się zgodził. Też bym chciał żeby zatwierdzili Pritelivir za rok.
    • sadangel22
      I have had G-HSV1 for about about a year and a half now. I am a woman who recently started seeing another woman who also has HSV1 but only orally. She has experienced major health anxiety with fear of giving it to other people, as have I, but was wondering if we are completley in the clear because of antibodies or do we still need to be cautious? Does anyone have any articles about this? She is concerned about giving me something oral and I am concerned about giving her something genital so any research or reassurance would be helpful! Also when I got diagnosed I got swab tested and it confirmed I had G-HSV1 and nothing has ever came up orally but is there a possibility I have it orally too and it just has never shown up? Apologies if these are dumb questions in the wrong place but any help would be appreciated. 
    • Laguna
      My apologies is this has already been shared and discussed, but I saw that Fred Hutch is making some headway in the Epstein Barr/ mononucleosis /Herpes 4 research!!    https://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/center-news/2020/06/epstein-barr-virus-antibody.html Another study I read (& can't find again) shows that the presence of another virus in the body enhances HSV. That's why an OB occurs when we get a cold or flu, not just a basic drop in immune function. So, I'm thinking that this could be true also if someone has several herpes viruses 😓
    • madman
      Hi Cas9. I requested this test on my own in a laboratory, because I was having pain and burning in my penis glans (without having any lesion visible).  I've talked to my doctors, and they say that I shouldn't worry, that this is something normal in the population. In short, none of them have suggested any other tests. In this post I explained what has been happening to me. Regardless of what is causing me this discomfort (which has been going on for more than 5 months) according to the test I am a carrier of the virus. Now what should I do in my relationships? Telling girls something like....  hey look I can't kiss you because I have herpes but I don't know where it is..... Its awful... man

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.