2. Sanguine108

Sanguine108

3. SureWhyNot

SureWhyNot

• Single ➵ You may like to try the Dating App

• Similar Content

• ATWD85
      By ATWD85
      Hi, all! A bit of a long read here, but definitely appreciate advice from anyone who has the time to give it!

I disclosed my genital HSV-1 to the wonderful man I'm dating about a month ago, and he took the news better than I could have hoped for. We have not had sex yet, and because I really care about him, I wanted to make sure I shared my status with him before we did. (Note: this is the first time I've disclosed to a partner since my last relationship and my first partner since that relationship in general.) 

Not only did my status not turn him off from me (I disclosed via letter sent by email and he was grateful for my honesty/wanted to talk face-to-face the next day), but the conversation has brought us closer in terms of openness and intimacy. Both of us have scheduled doctors appointments. He'll be going for a general checkup and STD testing, and I'll be refilling my antiviral prescription. He has done a significant amount of research since our initial conversation and has asked many questions. He genuinely wants to explore ways in which we can be physically intimate while protecting himself and making sure I still feel sexy, which I appreciate very much. He says I'm very special to him.

As it nears time for us to give sex a try for the first time, however, I'm finding myself feeling anxious. Since this is the first time I'll be having sex with someone since my last relationship, which ended a little over two years ago, it's really just now hitting me how different sex will be in terms of freedom. I fear the limitations (he has expressed his preference not to perform oral sex on me, despite it being one of his favorite things, which I understand and respect) may have a strain on our relationship down the line, and I want to be able to satisfy him to the best of my ability, despite not being able to have sex as "freely" as I was once able to.

Though he says my status doesn't scare him and he cares about me very much, part of me feels like he may also be more afraid than he's revealing to me, which I also understand. He did admit that when I initially gave him the news, he felt as if it was "unfair" (i.e. he finally met a woman who's perfect for him, but he doesn't have as much access to her sexually because of her status). He says he realized how selfish this was before he ultimately decided he still wanted to move forward in our relationship. 

He's brought up things like wearing boxer briefs during sex and spraying down with rubbing alcohol during times "we're not so sure" because apparently rubbing alcohol "kills" the virus on the surface of the skin (I've never read anything backing this up, so not sure how accurate it is, and also feel he's overreacting a bit/doing a bit much in this regard). While I understand his right and desire to be as careful as possible, it admittedly has stirred up some insecurity, and I've been struggling with self-esteem a bit. I know finding our groove won't be easy, but I also strongly feel it will be worth it in the end if I can work through everything I'm feeling. I trust he means what he says when he says he cares and finds me insanely attractive.

Is anyone else struggling with is or has anyone struggled with this previously? Would it be worth it to express these feelings to him? I became overwhelmed and ended up crying on his chest the other day during a conversation about how we were going to protect each other. Not only do I *not* want to pass this along to him (and I know the risk is inevitable), but I also really want this to work. He's both a partner and one of my closest friends.

Thanks for reading!
    • CasperTheGhost
      By CasperTheGhost
      Hello. Just signed up today because I didn't know where else to turn, so here goes nothing. I had my first sexual partner in almost over a year a couple weeks ago and we irresponsibly had unprotected penetration. On Saturday morning I noticed something was wrong and began searching online for an answer. After some searching, I figured it was a yeast infection and treated it accordingly. It only took a day or two for me to come to terms with the fact that it wasn't a yeast infection but something worse and the Internet agreed with me.
      I have not officially been diagnosed but I'm not fooling myself here and have an appointment to confirm what I already know on Tuesday. I'm in quite a bit of pain but I'm sticking it out and doing home remedies to help speed up the healing of what I can only call my first OB.... I've told my partner who I clearly contracted it from and one close friend who is being supportive. But I can't help but feel disgusting and unattractive which I'm not used to because I am normally a very self assured and confident person. 
      I'm just looking for someone with a similar experience. I'm 18 and feel like my life has come to a grinding halt.
    • Mellisuga
      By Mellisuga
      Hey all,
      For anyone who is going through a tough time, I wanted to share this website - here are some exercises meant to help develop healthy habits and a healthier way to view oneself, by building something called self-compassion.
      This website is based on the work of Dr. Kristin Neff, which draws inspiration from Buddhist meditation. She also has a few Ted Talks which I recommend watching. 
      http://self-compassion.org/category/exercises/
      Nurturing one's self-compassion is explained to be a better alternative to nurturing self-esteem because of the traits of narcissism and the judgement which can be inherent in having too high of a level of self-esteem. Self-compassion at its essence means treating yourself like you would treat a good friend, rather than treating yourself harshly.

• Sanguine108
      By Sanguine108
      http://liveanddare.com/benefits-of-meditation/
    • Createss Galore
      By Createss Galore
      So what if my life has changed?
      It's still a part of ME.
      So what if I'm not the same?
      I'll be the best I can be.
      For deep in the soul of ME,
      I've never ever changed.
      I rise to the ME I am,
      The same and rearranged.

I know of the things that I love,
      The things I like to do,
      The things that make me laugh,
      That chase away the blues.
      Inside I can reach deep down,
      Enjoy the WHO I am,
      Let flow forth a different life,
      Yet infused with WHO I am.
      <><><><><><><><>
      CG

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• hk81
      @Cas9 I wanted to give you an update on this point. Jerome is a scientific advisor for ExcisionBio, which means that ExcisionBio is well aware that Jerome is targeting the latent copies with meganucleases. Also, in the lastest video, Jerome said that "The team is collaborating with others to pursue a CRISPR/Cas9-based solution, which would have some advantages over meganucleases, and they are exploring other delivery mechanisms such as nanoparticles. " When he said so, very likely he meant ExcisionBio. So there is a mutual exchange and the target is the same.   Regarding the clinical trial in China: they made a new publication in which they show that they can target the latent copies: “The therapy, which is dripped into patients' eyes, can find and 'cut' the virus hidden in the nervous system, which then degrades by itself," Cai said. "With this technology, we can cure keratitis and terminate the virus." https://www.shine.cn/news/metro/2101123074/ "HELP was capable of eliminating the viral reservoir via retrograde transport from corneas to trigeminal ganglia. " https://www.nature.com/articles/s41587-020-00781-8 They have already applied the therapy to 2 patients. Hopefully there will be soon an update from them: “Clinical trials on two patients have also been carried out and the results are being evaluated,”  
    • Jeremy Spokein
      Related to this. You might also want to check out this post!
    • hk81
      "you don’t need to keep making coronavirus protein forever in order to maintain the protective immunity" it means: even if mRNA is gone and your body isn't producing the viral proteins anymore, the immune system will still maintain memory of how to produce the right antibodies against it.
    • readytostart
      https://journals.plos.org/plospathogens/article?id=10.1371/journal.ppat.1008795
    • Jeremy Spokein
      I wanted to share this Taoist story about a farmer whose horse ran away. I think we can all relate to this story: His neighbor commiserated only to be told, "Who knows what's good or bad?" It was true. The next day the horse returned, bringing with it a drove of wild horses it had befriended in its wanderings. The neighbor came over again, this time to congratulate the farmer on his windfall. He was met with the same observation: "Who knows what is good or bad?" True this time too; the next day the farmer's son tried to mount one of the wild horses and fell off, breaking his leg. Back came the neighbor, this time with more commiserations, only to encounter for the third time the same response, "Who knows what is good or bad?" And once again the farmer's point was well taken, for the following day soldiers came by commandeering for the army and because of his injury, the son was not drafted. The meaning of the story? There's always a blessing in disguise that we cannot see and will never see, if we only look with our eyes closed. According to the Taoists, yang and yin, light and shadow, useful and useless are all different aspects of the whole, and the minute we choose one side and block out the other, we upset nature's balance. If we are to be whole and follow the way of nature, we must pursue the difficult process of embracing the opposites.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.