coldsores for lesbians

I was curious if, when you have had oral herpes and you put your mouth on a girls vagina of that automatically would make them have a herpes outbreak? or if just because you have cold sores sometimes you should worry about having bad outbreaks ever? 

7 minutes ago, kat76 said:

I was curious if, when you have had oral herpes and you put your mouth on a girls vagina of that automatically would make them have a herpes outbreak? or if just because you have cold sores sometimes you should worry about having bad outbreaks ever? 

For the first question, the answer is no... at least not "automatically" as it would depend on whether the virus was shedding (and in what 'amount'), whether your partner already has HSV (I assume you have HSV-1 and they may also have oral/genital HSV-1), and on your partners ability to fight the virus should it be passed (even if they get it, an outbreak isn't guaranteed according to the literature).

As for your second question, I think you're asking about if you might develop worse, or more frequent, cold sores. There is no reason to expect your symptoms to get worse...to the contrary, sores should get less severe and frequent over time. Of course, nothing is guaranteed and other ailments may cause your HSV symptoms to worsen. 

Hope this helps. All the best. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Single ➵ You may like to try the Dating App

• Similar Content

• Contador 123
      By Contador 123
      https://ibb.co/hVc7NVs
      https://ibb.co/NSQGtFB

Hi the above pics are of my tongue and bottom lip. I'm concerned that I may have some sort of allergy or virus happening. The tongue feels quite irritated at times and you can see the red dots visible on the front of it. Also my lip (bottom) is always dry and cracks if I open my mouth quickly without thinking about it. It has been like this for some time now and seems to be getting worse. Is this a sign of something bad or could my constant stress and terrible diet be causing this. I will be seeing my doctor really soon so I just want some pointers if possible.

I have been tested for sti and all was ok, I have no outbreaks of any sort, just tender lips and sore tongue. 

The white patch on my tongue is the flash. 
    • thissucks31
      By thissucks31
      Hey guys, 
      Has anyone experienced recurring coldsores every 3 weeks, externally and internally.
      I have had HSV1 since 2010, so 9 years. At some point I started having outbreaks on the roof of my mouth. 

Now at roughly 9 years, I'm getting them every 3 weeks, Roof of mouth and bottom lip. 

Any advice. 

I take 2gm Valtrex at the start of the break out then 1 grm every 12 hours after. I take lysine, escherichia (however you spell it) vit c, vit a, t cells booster (antacid med). Nothing is changing. 
      Any advice. Its seriously depressing in a shitty weird way. 
    • Real $lim Katie
      By Real $lim Katie
      Hi there friends My name is Katie and I have been brutally embarrassed and bullied by the cold sores I get since kindergarten. I used to get them every time the seasons changed like clockwork and they would continue to affect me into my adulthood, restricting me from wanting to go to school/work/out with friends/etc.
      To help empower me, I made this video parodying "7 Rings" by Ariana Grande to embody embracing your true amazingness despite your cold sore. It includes the tips that I have learned over my 23 years to zap the sore before they get worse and my roommate/bestie designed and created all the clothes featured in it. Check it-
      MY COLD SORE TIPS--
      -zinc
      -lysine
      -carmex
      -celery juice
      -coconut oil
      -valtrex
      have helped shorten the life of my cold sore WHAT HELPS YOU???
      #REALSLIMSORECHALLENGE : post the video & say your OWN tips to SHORTEN THE LIFE OF PESKY ASS COLD SORES. 

Also, get out of your house and live your life!!! 1/2 people have cold sores, why do they make us feel so bad about ourselves?

DESTIGMATIZE THE SORE!

Love you all

• zrszrs
      By zrszrs
      Does anyone know any free dating sites for women with herpes?
    • Confusedmw
      By Confusedmw
      Still unsure if I’ve contracted Genital herpes. (Hsv1, and I already have it orally for 20+ yrs) Everyone is saying no but I just am not convinced. Just a question for people who have hsv1 orally and genitAlly: do you have outbreaks in both places at the same time? 
  • Trending Now

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• WilsoInAus
      Hey @Fernie hope you are going well. The doctor is spot on here. Many people with HSV-1 end up with slightly elevated results for HSV-2 that does not indicate infection with HSV-2. This persists from test to test for some people. The Westernblot would be useful to you, but will just confirm what is being said to you. Most people actually with HSV-2 test above 3.5 on those sorts of tests. 
    • Fernie
      Just got off the phone with a doctor and they said based off the history of my tests, it’s most likely a false positive.    they also said that because I have hsv1 that that could be causing the false positive 
    • ChattyB
      How do you know you have hsv-2 orally.  I read that having hsv-2 orally is highly unlikely. 
    • Fernie
      I’m so confused and don’t know what to do.    Sorry for posting here so much but I’m just lost.   I’ve tested normal on these dates 7/14/2020 0.72 IGG , 10/28/2020 0.89 IGG.    Then I tested low positive 6/6/2021 1.11 IGG.    I went back after that test to confirm the abnormal results on 7/29/2021 0.78 IGG were the results which led me to believe that the first abnormal results were just wrong.    Fast forward to now I just got my results back this morning from 11/27/2021 1.17 IGG, were the results. I’m just so confused, don’t know what to do. I’m going to have a consultation over the phone with a physician today and I also reached out to Terri from Westover Heights.    At this point I’m considering a western blot and I’m so paranoid I also signed up for another full panel std testing. I’m just so confused and stressed out.  Hope my buddy @WilsoInAus sees this  
    • ChattyB
      Did you find out what's going on. I'm having the same exact shit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.