Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Spokein

Natural Therapy: Gypsy Mushrooms (mushroom Rozites caperata) and the herb Prunella vulgaris? Any experience?

Recommended Posts

Jeremy Spokein

Hi everyone,

I've just been diagnosed and I'm still wrapping my head around this whole ordeal. I can't sleep at all, even though I'm supposed to get plenty of rest. Anyhow, the thought of having to take medicine that could be potentially damaging to the kidneys is really troublesome. Is this a concern for anyone else?

I was looking at alternative forms of medicine and read about the herb Prunella vulgaris and the mushroom Rozites caperata (Gypsy Mushroom) for suppressive therapy – in addition to garlic supplements daily.

Does anyone have any personal experience with this WITHOUT being on the antiviral pills? Of course including a healthy diet, exercise also.

Thanks for your input :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureWhyNot

Liver and kidneys are my exact reason for not using pharma. Keep in mind the herbs are equally strong medicine. I was reamed out by the local Hep C specialist in my town for using herbs to fight Hep C contact (and win). She told me "she has had to transplant too many livers in patients that ruined theirs with herbs".

There are many herbs, plants, resins, fungus and trees that fight this but you should be under the guidance of a pro not just try this and that as the results could set you back instead of forward. Remedies that are great for HSV have been bad for me with my underlying problem and this could happen to you. If you cannot find a pro at least look up how to do Muscle Testing (Applied Kinesiology) so you can ask your body if it is appropriate for you to put inside you!

I have never used the antiviral pharma so cannot reference if I would have been better off instead of choosing herbs and homeopathics. I only know, I am who I am and this was right for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy Spokein
On 7/6/2016 at 3:53 AM, SureWhyNot said:

Liver and kidneys are my exact reason for not using pharma. Keep in mind the herbs are equally strong medicine. I was reamed out by the local Hep C specialist in my town for using herbs to fight Hep C contact (and win). She told me "she has had to transplant too many livers in patients that ruined theirs with herbs".

There are many herbs, plants, resins, fungus and trees that fight this but you should be under the guidance of a pro not just try this and that as the results could set you back instead of forward. Remedies that are great for HSV have been bad for me with my underlying problem and this could happen to you. If you cannot find a pro at least look up how to do Muscle Testing (Applied Kinesiology) so you can ask your body if it is appropriate for you to put inside you!

I have never used the antiviral pharma so cannot reference if I would have been better off instead of choosing herbs and homeopathics. I only know, I am who I am and this was right for me.

So what regiment are you following now? Are you seeing an herbal specialist? If I want to go the herbal/alternative route without using pharmaceuticals, what sort of specialist should I look for?

I'm living in Thailand now but will be going back home to the USA for a month and a half and it would be good to see the specialist to get all the information and/or source of herbs beforehand so I can return to Thailand with peace of mind.

Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureWhyNot

I had a fabulous experience with a Master Herbalist who made me a tincture that kicked ass out of HSV. I found him after having it for 10yrs. He told me "if I had found him when I was first in contact with the virus he could have stopped it setting up shop in me." He moved. 

I now have a Naturopathic Dr. (ND) who treats with many modalities such as homeopathics, herbs, and supplements. He is a chiropractor as well. My favourite part is he uses muscle testing to ask my body what it needs. Cuts through the guessing and saves me money as my visits are short and sweet! 

After being on this site for a while, I recently asked my ND about the statement made by my Herbalist, if that was true. Without batting an eye he said YES it is possible! This is why I continue here to tell newbies what I was told by highly trained professionals who deal with every aspect of the patient to get to the root of dis-ease and treat the whole person to optimum health.

I have recommended here many times to look for a small practice not a flashy clinic with lots of people walking around looking special. You will pay for the facade. I did once, got nowhere fast but broke and educated to Charlatans. Kept calling me back for expensive treatments by someone at the clinic. I did not need to be hypnotized, can't anyway!

A Traditionally Trained Chinese Herbalist/Acupuncturist would be a blessing as long as you have clear communication. Master Herbalist, Naturopathic Dr, all great options.  It should not cost you an arm and a leg for treatment and it really comes down to what you are willing to do for yourself regarding what you put inside your body to deal with. The initial visit is more because of the time to get the required info from you. Yes it is important to them if you prefer sweet or spicy, hot or cold and never think anything is too weird to mention. I finally triggered a direction for my ND as I was having very confusing symptoms. I mentioned something my brother was going through. He made the association to something so strange but we are working that angle now. They look at every aspect of you, eyes, skin, hair, muscle tone etc. Your body and even the way you walk will tell them a lot more than you could ever imagine.

Look up Applied Kinesiology. I will bet you find that interesting!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cowpoke02

Looks good .   I imagine fixing what the body lacks or needs is the cure for almost anything .  Find your doctor . Lol .  Nice post . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy Spokein
16 hours ago, SureWhyNot said:

I had a fabulous experience with a Master Herbalist who made me a tincture that kicked ass out of HSV. I found him after having it for 10yrs. He told me "if I had found him when I was first in contact with the virus he could have stopped it setting up shop in me." He moved. 

I now have a Naturopathic Dr. (ND) who treats with many modalities such as homeopathics, herbs, and supplements. He is a chiropractor as well. My favourite part is he uses muscle testing to ask my body what it needs. Cuts through the guessing and saves me money as my visits are short and sweet! 

After being on this site for a while, I recently asked my ND about the statement made by my Herbalist, if that was true. Without batting an eye he said YES it is possible! This is why I continue here to tell newbies what I was told by highly trained professionals who deal with every aspect of the patient to get to the root of dis-ease and treat the whole person to optimum health.

I have recommended here many times to look for a small practice not a flashy clinic with lots of people walking around looking special. You will pay for the facade. I did once, got nowhere fast but broke and educated to Charlatans. Kept calling me back for expensive treatments by someone at the clinic. I did not need to be hypnotized, can't anyway!

A Traditionally Trained Chinese Herbalist/Acupuncturist would be a blessing as long as you have clear communication. Master Herbalist, Naturopathic Dr, all great options.  It should not cost you an arm and a leg for treatment and it really comes down to what you are willing to do for yourself regarding what you put inside your body to deal with. The initial visit is more because of the time to get the required info from you. Yes it is important to them if you prefer sweet or spicy, hot or cold and never think anything is too weird to mention. I finally triggered a direction for my ND as I was having very confusing symptoms. I mentioned something my brother was going through. He made the association to something so strange but we are working that angle now. They look at every aspect of you, eyes, skin, hair, muscle tone etc. Your body and even the way you walk will tell them a lot more than you could ever imagine.

Look up Applied Kinesiology. I will bet you find that interesting!

 

 

 

 

OK, so where would I even start though? Do you know where your Master Herbalist (the first one who said that he could stop it completely if you had found him when you first came into contact with the virus) moved to? I'll fly anywhere honestly...

So I need to look for "Master Herbalists?" It sounds like no certification or any sort of education is required, how will I know who is legit and not?

Thanks for this info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureWhyNot

Master Herbalist is the highest certification and requires years of training and never stops. My guy retired to Northern Ontario 20yrs ago. He received his training in England    http://www.associationofmasterherbalists.co.uk/

I found my ND through word of mouth. I found a small clinic with 3 ND's. The first treated more from a psychiatric angle and our appointments were 1 hr long but mostly talking to get to the understanding of what was going on. Too expensive and I was not getting results I wanted. I switched to the other ND who uses muscle testing and everything went well from there. (until I stopped going, tortured myself and put myself in an HSV mess so had to go back)

Are you going to be continually travelling or do you have a home point to search from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy Spokein
On 7/9/2016 at 5:38 PM, SureWhyNot said:

Master Herbalist is the highest certification and requires years of training and never stops. My guy retired to Northern Ontario 20yrs ago. He received his training in England    http://www.associationofmasterherbalists.co.uk/

I found my ND through word of mouth. I found a small clinic with 3 ND's. The first treated more from a psychiatric angle and our appointments were 1 hr long but mostly talking to get to the understanding of what was going on. Too expensive and I was not getting results I wanted. I switched to the other ND who uses muscle testing and everything went well from there. (until I stopped going, tortured myself and put myself in an HSV mess so had to go back)

Are you going to be continually travelling or do you have a home point to search from?

At this point, I'm always traveling. Living a nomadic lifestyle where I plant down for months at a time somewhere. My hometown is in California though, so I'll be going back to visit family for a few months....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureWhyNot

Not sure if my way of thinking is correct but if you find a master herbalist or ND you may be able to  find others wherever you go that could refill the herbal formulations, like a pharma script, if the herbalist will give you the exact formulation. Mine just put the ingredients list and perhaps that will be enough for each following Herbalist/ND to refill based on their diagnosis of you. Keep in mind your needs will change along the way as the layers get renewed so if the script changes do not be surprised. Your body will tell you what is right for you pretty quickly.

You may be able to get references to the next practitioner from the previous depending on where you travel to. I have found the good ones seem to know each other and where they are.

California should be a fabulous place to start for Natural Healing. I know it is a big state but found this in first search so perhaps they can get you started to find your healer. You will be amazed at what you can do for yourself, very empowering and confidence building!

California College of Natural Medicine
1237 South Victoria, #169, Oxnard, CA 93035
Phone: (800) 421-5027, Fax: (928) 496-2050 - See more at: http://www.traditionalnaturopathy.com/school-catalog/#sthash.lWUH3fAQ.dpuf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy Spokein

Thank you so much. Where did you search for this practitioner?

Is a master herbalist or ND the same as one who practices functional medicine?

And what does ND stand for?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureWhyNot

Naturopathic Dr. (ND) much higher qualified than some general health practitioners and usually chiropractic training so entire body function is important.

ND's and Herbalists practice natural medicines using herbs, homeopathics (like cures like) supplements. Treat the illness and let the body heal itself. Diet and lifestyle.

Allopathic drs prescribe meds to treat the problem or mask the symptoms to make life easier. There are times when this is the best and only course of treatment.

I googled Master Herbalist California and this link I gave was the first I found so I see it would be easy to locate someone in your area. I only had a phone book 25yrs ago to find my guys. You can find them online and even look for reviews from others to see if this person sound right for you. I would listen to others experiences as my guide to choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy Spokein

So after visiting your ND, how would you say your body has responded? Are you "cured"? Are you having no outbreaks at all?  Any side effects? Just want to hear your experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy Spokein

Hi @SureWhyNot. Just following up on my last post :)

After visiting your ND, how would you say your body has responded? Are you "cured"? Are you having no outbreaks at all?  Any side effects? Just want to hear your experience.

I'm in California now... do you think visiting an ND/Master Herbalist now would prevent the worst from happening in the future? I did contact one, and unfortunately they don't take any insurance. The visit is $130 and follow-up visits are $75, which I don't mind paying, but the daily routine of herbs/supplements runs about $4-500/mo...

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureWhyNot

Hello Jeremy. I had my ND appointment yesterday and last month was perfect for me. I was given a homeopathic for my Histamine intolerance and my body responded immediately. It seems this truly is the underlying root problem. It can be fixed with an enzyme replacement. I am back to feeling normal without any indications, just like before I got off track with my own actions.

I do truly believe finding the right practitioner for you asap will make a world of difference as they can guide your body individually through this and deal with anything that happens. I am amazed at the supplement price though. Keep looking around if you have other options than this expensive person. I had gotten caught up in a large clinic and that was how they did things too, overpriced.

In my ND's office there are 4 ND's and they all practice their arts in different manners. Two of them approach from a listening to the patient for an hour angle. Those visits are over $100.00 each plus supplements. My guy gives 10 minute appointments for $30.00 but uses Applied Kinesiology to ask my body what it needs.

When I had my Master Herbalist 25 years ago I was paying $70.00 for a bottle of herbal tincture that was amazing in my body. It lasted a month taking daily so perhaps the herb price has risen that much. I can only reference Canadian pricing in my area. I know if it was Vancouver the prices would be much higher based on their economy. Both my practitioners were/are in small towns outside a larger city. The expensive clinic I was caught up in was in a large city so perhaps that can be a guide for finding someone for you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy Spokein

Thank you, @SureWhyNot :)

I'll see if I can find another place. Not even 3 weeks after my primary outbreak and I can sense another one coming... I have an important week coming ahead and I really need to be on my A game.

Are you no longer getting outbreaks since using the herbal supplements? Have you stopped using acyclovir/Valtrex completely?

Edited by Jeremy Spokein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureWhyNot

I have never used pharma and no I am no longer getting the constant OB's I was getting in the last couple years. I had 6 in one month until I found what was triggering mine. I was OB free for most of the 25yrs while under care of Holistic professionals. I screwed up and stayed away from my self care and after 8yrs of abuse and screwing up my chemistry the HSV came back with a vengeance and I started getting OB's again. It took me 3yrs to get back on track and if I did not have a pro to guide me I would never have figured it out as my problem was so obscure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy Spokein

Wow, what was triggering the OB's, if you don't mind me asking...?

Edited by Jeremy Spokein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureWhyNot

"Histamine Intolerance" I am missing an enzyme DAO so I was having trouble when I ate certain foods that should be good for me. They attacked my body, which weakened it to allow the HSV to surface. For me the HSV was actually the results of other physical problems not the cause of the problem. That has always been my experience. If I am healthy HSV stays far away and out of mind. 

A piece of me was missing! Who would know to look for a missing enzyme????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy Spokein
21 hours ago, SureWhyNot said:

"Histamine Intolerance" I am missing an enzyme DAO so I was having trouble when I ate certain foods that should be good for me. They attacked my body, which weakened it to allow the HSV to surface. For me the HSV was actually the results of other physical problems not the cause of the problem. That has always been my experience. If I am healthy HSV stays far away and out of mind. 

A piece of me was missing! Who would know to look for a missing enzyme????

Haha! This is awesome! OK, so I've found 3 ND's locally, but they're really quite expensive. I mean, at this time I'm on suppressive therapy, which is rather benign and not so taxing on the body if you stay well hydrated. BUT, I don't want to be on these pills forever, so I definitely will want to connect with an ND/Master Herbalist while I'm here. Whether or not I buy the herbs, I still want to have the knowledge and make that decision from hereon out.

I'll keep this in mind. And I'm happy that you were able to find a natural solution.

A few more questions, please?

How many years have you had HSV? Was your primary outbreak really bad? Did it get better over time until it became non-existent?

If you stop taking your herbal supplements, but continue to live a healthy lifestyle, do the outbreaks come back?

And lastly, how much do you spend per month on supplements? Do you still see your ND, or is there no need?

Thanks :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureWhyNot

Jeremy I basically documented my story in the forum here "Why I Choose Holistic Medicine" (use the search at top) because what I was going through was so weird and my journey to get back to health just may help someone find a missing link in their diagnosis. Others added valuable information to the thread and other places to look for support.

My initial infection was as horrible as many here. It was a nurse at the clinic where I was diagnosed 35yrs ago who suggested I find an ND. The one I found was less than impressive so I passed on that as an option. I did OK on my own but I was into vitamin supplements and food awareness so that probably helped. I did still drink beer and smoke pot or occasionally cigarettes so lived my way. I decided to try to find help after 10 yrs, I found a Master Herbalist in my area. When he retired I went right to an ND. I was able to keep gHSV2 from interfering in my life for most of the time I had it after I found them. A life altering experience changed everything for me recently and I stopped caring for myself and the result was as I documented. 

Based on my many years of gathering information I do understand the most important thing I can do for myself is keep my body in balance and it will take care of the HSV for me.

It must be treated as individually as each of us is. As you can see reading others posts what is great for one does nothing for another. 

Once I am back on track  I would go once every 3 or 4 mths just to have him check I am staying on track. The added benefits from fighting the HSV is that I am a very healthy active older person who plans on staying that way as quality of life is everything as we age. 

Edited by SureWhyNot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      70,414
    • Total Posts
      476,193
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

    Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

  • Posts

    • WilsoInAus
      @MikeHerp what? That’s the article you put up in response? Thats fraudulent and we all demand an apology. You cannot go around saying that half of people with HIV have it because they have HSV? Jesus Lord man, you need to pull it together, I thought you actually had some evidence. But no you’ve just got paranoia. You simply like to use fear to spread your message. Also HSV is not the major cofactor in HIV infections. Chlamydia and Gonorrhea are much, much stronger cofactors than HSV, multiple times so. But why let these simple facts get in the way of a bit of propaganda! Maybe we should all direct our funds to eliminating chlamydia according to your logic?!? Also you have not corrected your posts around FHC and viral research. Please do it quickly before you destroy any credibility in the article if it hadn’t already.
    • WilsoInAus
      Yes it is, did you actually read the thread and their other posts? Regardless this is a real life test.  The OP is ready to commit suicide if he has herpes impacting his anus. Based on negative swabs, negative PCR tests and the fact that herpes may not even be able to cause theses symptoms - are you prepared to make the call that he has genital herpes and it is causing the symptoms? Or is there room to doubt? Time to man up.
    • WilsoInAus
      And he eventually realised that his HSV-1 was oral and the redness from another cause went away. It is doubtful that anyone’s redness in that article was due to herpes, even those who have actually tested positive. This is a great lesson for @DJwah as you can see people get obsessed over herpes except those who actually have it.  That leads to the Henry Ford saying. Whether you think you have herpes, or whether you think you don’t, you’re right!
    • blurneworder
      @DJwah, here is a forum where someone says they have redness in the glans and they are also HSV1 positive  https://patient.info/forums/discuss/herpes-2-igg-test-3-1-569144
    • ayekayelle
      I’m on 1g daily and get OB’s still as well. I don’t understand  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.