Richard i am scared can you please read...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

richard, i have been lookig on the internet all night, i went to the health department when i got these pimple like things on my upper thigh and around my vaginal lips she said that it might be herpes but she did not know, she gave me a perscription but i didnt get it filled because it went away after about 4 days but about a week after that i got these little clusters of tiny white bumps on my upper thighs, and it is tender but not excruciating pain, and the thing that seems to hurt the worst is my lymp node on my right side where the sores are is very painful, it is swolen and painful. the tiny clusters of white bumps then kind of come together and scab over, i dont have any idea what it is.... reading about herpes it doesnt seem to fit. i am only 19 and have only had sex with two people and i am so sad and confused... and there is a sore by my vagina but not on the lips or in or anything like that... can you please give me some information, you seem so smart. i hope you read this. thankyou or if anyone else reads this and has some informaiton that might help me. thankyou.

Guest Anonymous

they are clusters of tiny white bumps not single bumps and then it turns into just one scab...this i think is where i am confused because it seems that people are saying they have single bumps and that is herpes well mine is a cluster .... oh and i had also had flu like symptoms about 3 days before thoes first single pimple things happened

Christina what you describe sounds very very much like HSV.

Most people don't get a single bump, but a small cluster.

The flu like symptoms, the swollen lymph node, scabbing... All that is characteristic of HSV.

fhl

nik

I'm assuming you read my article about herpes since you posted in there first... When sores cluster it's actually a big sign that you are infected with herpes... There's no easy way to say this but the symptoms your describing match HSV-2 exactly... Those symptoms you describe are classic herpes symptoms... If I were you I would goto the doctors as soon as you see another open sore on your body... Thats the only way a doctor can test you, through an open sore... If it is herpes the doctor can then give you a prescription for something. What did the doctor's give you? did they test you already? I know you've only slept with two ppl, but it only takes one infected person to infect you... If you do have herpes, it isn't the end of the world... Please read my article if you havn't already done so...

Rich

Guest Anonymous

the perscription that the doctor gave me was zovixox/ cecyclovir i still havent gotten it filled but she also gave me another one for a refill. when i had went to the health department they did not look like it does now, they almost just looked like pimples and she touched it and she told me if it was herpes i wouldnt even be able to let her touch it it was so painful, but it wasnt that painful, just tender, but then thoes went away and a week later it turned into these cluster things... i guess i should get that perscription filled.... i just feel so gross... i am so mad at myself, the weird thing is is that i have not had sex for almost 2 years... which i told the doctor and she said that it could stay dormant for that long but from what i have read it happens 2-20 days... that is also confusing.

Guest Anonymous

also what if i dont go back to the doctor and dont get the med. herpes does not cause cervixcal(?) cancer does it? i will still be ok except for the sores right, because i live on my own and the med is really expensive, and i dont have medical insurance. so if i dont do anything will it effect my health?

she told me if it was herpes i wouldnt even be able to let her touch it it was so painful,

Not true...

Mine don't hurt to touch at all... No pain.. just tingle/occasional pinch feeling...

i just feel so gross

People who lie are gross... People who are unfaithful are gross... People who are selfish are gross....

Herpes is just a virus that lives in your nerve tissue. In fact, the blister you see is not 'herpes'. (although the blister is full of the virus) The blister you see is JUST your body's natural response to get rid of the virus when it flares up in your nerve tissue.

Sometimes understanding that makes it easier to keep in perspective.

which i told the doctor and she said that it could stay dormant for that long but from what i have read it happens 2-20 days... that is also confusing.

yeah, that confused me too... I had been in a relationship for 2 years, then one day wham...

I KNEW I didn't get it from her, and I knew I had not had sex with anyone else...

After thinking about it for a long long time, I came to realize that I probably gave it to myself... When I got HSV I was 21, and still had a little leftover acne issue and I had a bad habit of pinching zits.. I think I probably had a blister on my lip that I thought was just a pimple, picked it, and then probably transferred it to myself masturbating.

herpes does not cause cervixcal(?) cancer does it?

Nope...

i will still be ok except for the sores right

Yup!

because i live on my own and the med is really expensive, and i dont have medical insurance. so if i dont do anything will it effect my health?

No, you'll be fine. You will probably become more focused on living healthy... and eliminating stress from your life... because that will keep outbreaks to a minimum (if at all)

Plus its a great motivator to focus on who you are and become a better person because of it.

You know what they say... Anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :wink:

nik

Herpes is just a virus that lives in your nerve tissue. In fact' date=' the blister you see is not 'herpes'. (although the blister is full of the virus) The blister you see is JUST your body's natural response to get rid of the virus when it flares up in your nerve tissue.[/quote']

Yup, that's right. :D

As a matter of fact, I've read a book that a Chinese herbal doctor wrote.... he said that in chinese medicine, they see that herpes comes from "water poisn". Means... it comes from excessive water in your body, and outbreaks are our body's work of getting rid of the excessive water (look, blister doesn't have water in it? :) )

Gross image is something you just create in your mind...

It's not gross at all..

<smile!>

Best wishes..

Faith

Guest Anonymous
yeah, that confused me too... I had been in a relationship for 2 years, then one day wham...

I KNEW I didn't get it from her, and I knew I had not had sex with anyone else...

After thinking about it for a long long time, I came to realize that I probably gave it to myself... When I got HSV I was 21, and still had a little leftover acne issue and I had a bad habit of pinching zits.. I think I probably had a blister on my lip that I thought was just a pimple, picked it, and then probably transferred it to myself masturbating.

so does that mean that it is not possible that it has been dormant for two years?

oh and thank you guys sooooooo much for telling me this you can not imagine how much you guys have helped me. thankyou..

Christina,

Unfortunately, they are all right. I went a long time thinking my outbreaks were just pimples in uncomfortable places. Funny, I always felt like my pants were a little too tight and I felt fat -turns out it wasn't the pants. My Doc told me the same thing about the pain... I have an OB right now - I'm walking, talking, normal - just feels like a pimple.

You need to get the area swabbed BEFORE it turns into a scab to know for sure. This is the worst time - waiting and not knowing. Pay attention to your body - if you have the same problem, go back to the clinic and tell them you want them to do a swab test. God willing, you just had a reaction to something...

Take Care.

so does that mean that it is not possible that it has been dormant for two years?

No, its possible...

There is just no way to know.

I don't know if there is any research.. I can't phathom how they could track such a statistic, but I wonder if when people get hsv from someone who was just 'shedding' if that tends to trigger a quick outbreak (in the 2-20 day range) or if getting hsv from someone shedding is such a light exposure that it tends to just immediately go dormant...

The only person I may have given HSV to was the girl I was with and had been dating for 2 years when I had my first outbreak. I told her about it, and said I didn't think we should have sex until I figure out what it is...

She said "I'm sure its nothing" and wanted to have sex anyway.. so we did, and 2 days later she had an o/b in teh EXACT spot where my outbreak would have come into contact with her.

So it just makes me curious... when people get hsv from a partner who was shedding, how often does that tend to give an immediate ob and how often does it go dormant right away. and I'm sure theres no way to track that, because if we KNEW when we were shedding, we could just not have sex but...

Everything MC37 Pilot answered was correct... Keep in mind that herpes syptoms very dramatically from person to person, so one person can get nothing, NOT EVEN SORES, while another could be laid out for weeks because of the pain... Some ppl never even get another episode after their first one... Its all about the immune system... Herpes is nothing more then an inconvinance... You'll live, it'll make you stronger, you'll see, look at Faith...

Rich

Guest Anonymous

Well thankyou guys agin for all the information and concern. you dont know how much better i feel now, i cant thankyou enough. i hope all of you have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. :D

Guest Anonymous

oh also one last thing... the first sore that i ever had just tonight the scab about 80% fell off but it was so far off that it started pulling when i walked i was trying to let it fall of by itself but it was getting very anoying... so i pulled the rest off, it hurt when i did it... is that bad?

Guest Anonymous

i also have another question (Sorry for all of these questions) when people talk about out breaks, does that mean that they get all of their sores at around the same time and then they go away, and that is the end of the outbreak... or... is it that they get a sore and it heals and get another one and it heals and it just keeps going on and on and when is the end of it? because i got one sore and the about a day later i got another one and then about 2 or 3 days later i got another one and the 1st one and 2nd one is just about healed and i am just worried that this is not the end, but its been awhile since the last one i got, maybe about 5 days. so can you tell me the course of outbreaks? thankyou again... i will try and not have too many more questions. :)

Well thankyou guys agin for all the information and concern. you dont know how much better i feel now' date=' i cant thankyou enough. i hope all of you have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. :D[/quote']

Funny thing is Christina, we do know how much better you feel - that's why we pass it on to others. We were all first-timers at some point!

Very Merry Christmas to you as well.

and yes Faith - you! :D

:D Merry Christmas Lasmom!

Christina,

When the sore is "completely" dry, you can pull the scab off. But I think that you should do it very, very carefully. If it's still connected to your skin, stop it, and wait a little more time.

I get outbreak one other place than the genital, many times the scab is buried in a thin new skin, so it's hard to come off by itself. Then I pull it off when it's dry.

Usually, when you get an outbreak, that is.. you start getting the tingling, get the bumps, they blister, then in 1-2 weeks it dries up and come off, and done. Nothing until you get the next one.

Sometimes the next one comes months later, sometimes right after the previous sore heals.

In fact I've been having 4 outbreaks continuously, and the last one just dried up. Didn't have that much pain this time. I guess it happened because I was a bit tired lately from work, usually when I'm working I'm tensed up.. not in a bad way though.

If you're having outbreaks too often, you may want to talk to your doctor and ask him/her to prescribe Valtrex. Many people reduce chance of recurrences by taking it.

Other than that, eat healthy, exercise, try not to stressed out both physically and mentally. That is the best medicine for herpes.

Best wishes, and

Merry Christmas.

Faith