World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Felina88

My friend's RVx blog

Felina88

Hey guys, my friend Rich who was a trial participant in phase I of Bill Halford's Theravax was given the okay to speak about his experience. He has been very open about it on social media to his friends and family, and has also agreed to do interviews about his experience in the future if the situation calls for it. 

Anyway, he wants to do everything he can to put out the good word out about the vaccine and how it has changed his life- only to be met with TONS of hate, but he was warned this would happen and is continuing to write about it regardless. I helped him create a Tumblr because there is a sizeable HSV community there under the hashtag #herpblr. If any of you are interested in this vaccine, Rich's experience, have a Tumblr, and maybe want to show him some love follow him at http://rational-vaxxer.tumblr.com/  He will be updating regularly! 

Guess

Seems like it stopped all his outbreaks. That's pretty awesome. Halford's presentation said that the theraVax was able to actually able to reduce symptoms of HSV 1 just as good. This leads me to believe that if HSV 2 infected  get provax for HSV 1 the virus will be nerfed. Since the virus are more or less the same and the body doesn't build immuity to on virus if you get infected by wild strain of other. 

Felina88

Yes, he has seen a full remission of symptoms, but hes here now! So I'll let him speak for himself :P

Hansje

Rational Vaxxer, can read your Tumbler but can't seem to register yet. I do not understand the haters. We all love you!!! 

Gee170

Yea what would the hate be about? Surely this is a wholey positive situation. 

mcmich

I see it stopped symptoms. How well did the vaccine work on reducing viral shedding?

fixme1

How can you hate on someone for putting themselves out there to give the sufferers of the world a relief is beyond me

Malcolm

I agree with Rational Vaxxer in that some herpes+ people have formed a deep personal connection with the infection, and have become one and the same with it. I suspect this is some kind of coping mechanism. They see vaccines almost as a threat to their identity. It's truly bizarre.

Edited by Malcolm

fixme1
7 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I agree with Rational Vaxxer in that some herpes+ people have formed a deep personal connection with the infection, and have become one and the same with it. I suspect this is some kind of coping mechanism. They see vaccines almost as a threat to their identity. It's truly bizarre.

People like that are the people we should ignore. Theres a few on here spouting negativity, personally if i was admin id ban them ha.

cantdoit
14 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Great point and something I've felt since I came on this site.  

Rational Vaxxer
On 10/22/2016 at 1:36 PM, Second_chance said:

@Rational Vaxxer how did the vaccine do with shedding? 

Sorry to come across this so late. Shedding tests have not been performed as of yet but hopefully soon.

Second_chance

@Rational Vaxxer we haven’t heard anything regarding RVX lately, can we assume no news is good news. I just need to know that they are still fighting for us, and not just leave us hanging like Gen-003. I’m praying for RVX success on a daily. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• ManagingIllness
      By ManagingIllness
      Full paper here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X18315652
      Note sure if anyone wrote about this. I couldn't find any results for VC2 in the site's search. This is a live attenuated vaccine from Louisiana State University. The results do not seem super promising, as reducing shedding/recurrance by < 70% pre-clinical is common in many discontinued vaccines. Still, research is being done, which is always great!
      Prophylactic conclusions:
      "Our studies also showed that VC2 vaccine decreases the clinical severity of acute and recurrent HSV-2 disease in guinea pigs when provided by intramuscular vaccination. During the primary infection, animals vaccinated with VC2 had a significant decrease in clinical severity and replicating virus in the vaginal vault. Prophylactic vaccination also decreased the quantity of virus in the DRGs when compared to the No Treatment group. The ability to protect neural tissue from latent infection probably contributed to the decrease in the number of animals with recurrent lesions by 67% and the number of days with recurrent vaginal shedding by 46%. This reduction in shedding is particularly important because transmission of HSV-2 to uninfected persons is largely due to asymptomatic shedding [38], [39]."
      Theraputic conclusions:
      "When tested as a therapeutic vaccine, i.e., one designed to decrease recurrent disease and recurrent virus shedding in those already infected with HSV, the VC2 vaccine was not effective although it did reduce recurrent shedding, at least when compared to the gD2 vaccine. This may be because live attenuated vaccines have only limited replication in hosts that are already infected and thus do not have much of an impact in improving the immune response. Because infected hosts have frequent reactivations of virus that would be similar to a live vaccine inoculation it may be difficult for the vaccine to improve the immune response unless it is able to induce responses not activated by the host’s recurrent virus replication."
    • Editas83
      By Editas83
      I'm sure a lot of you Google "hsv2-cure" daily like me. Looks like there may be a twinkle of hope. Not a cure, but at least some new news.
      https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/gen-003-therapeutic-bivalent-vaccine-candidate-genital-herpes-simplex-virus-type-2-hsv-2

• Jimmyjimmyhuapua
      By Jimmyjimmyhuapua
      Found a good article what do you think ?
      https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/can-we-gene-edit-herpes-away-180968551/
    • Jimmyjimmyhuapua
      By Jimmyjimmyhuapua
      Today i saw on Dr Josh Blooms comments about he is saying he contacted to Albert Einstein’s researchers to have interview about their vaccine. 

I think this interview will make clear about how is going with their vaccine.

• alexn
      By alexn
      Hi all,
      I reached out to Prof Frazer of Admedus Immunotherapies; you may know that he was the person who developed the vaccine for HPV (genital warts). I explained to him that I was trying to find a way to help, potentially though crowdfunding. I was quite surprised when he replied and passed my e-mail on to the CEO, Neil Finlayson. Now granted, the company is not that big, so passing on a mail isn't that surprising. However, Finlayson did e-mail me to say that their capital was currently directed at HPV research and in order to do Phase 2b HSV trials they were looking for $6m. Could I help to raise the money?

I was quite surprised by how candid they were, but I guess that answers my earlier post where it felt (from reading the Admedus fiancial report) that the company's HSV vaccine development did not seem to be going ahead fast enough.
      https://honeycomb.click/topic/73822-will-prof-frazer-continue-with-hsv2-vaccine-research/?tab=comments#comment-451965

The point of this post is that I am trying to hear from people who may have done crowdfunding for herpes research before. If I do set something up, I will not send links from this forum as it is against the rules. However, I would appreciate to hear from people who have experience in internet marketing, grassroots movements and crowdfunding. 

I really think that instead of being on forums complaining about our condition and feeling helpless, we should start to do whatever we can to accelerate the research. Thanks
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • blurneworder
      @Dvm, he says this to almost everyone.  Best ignore his bad advice 
    • Dvm
      Thx so much. However HSV can affect the trigeminal nerve/from post herpetic neuralgia and can actually cause all these symptoms. Some people, once affected can have short term symptoms,  while others have sporadic flare ups and some are permanently affected. Gabapentin for trigeminal neuralgia, prescribed by my neurologist, did help me for some time,  but I'm glad to be off it.  Hope my post helps someone w similar issues who havent gotten help from primary care Dr.
    • WilsoInAus
      @Dvm you can be assured that HSV is not the cause of these issues. As you have found, it’s likely a spinal issue and it sounds like you have found some help. Stick with that.
    • Dvm
      Yes!! See my post about struggling w HSV 1 for 2 yrs. I just signed up today and told my story. Brain fog, pain on r side of face, dizziness,  vertigo, numbness. Hsv1 lives in trigeminal nerve and can cause all these issues w flare ups. Good luck, and your not alone.
    • Dvm
      I'm new to this page. Looking to hear stories of others w my issues & hope to find support. I hv had cold sores all my life. But 2 yrs ago I had a flare w 1 on my lip & 1 in ea nostril.  Then the pain on my right side of the face started, along w numbness,  dizzy, balance issues and a weird eye twitch and sensation. After countless Dr appts and misdiagnoses, research led me to find that the herpes lives in the face in the ganglion root & when it flares can cause all my symptoms and it happened to permanently damage my trigeminal nerve. After going to numerous Dr, neurologist,  having MRI etc. My diagnosis was confirmed and although I dont like to take meds, I started on Gabapentin.  2 yrs I suffered and was miserable,  near suicidal and hopeless,  but I kept trying Drs and a friend had me tried an osteopath.  Who started doing small manipulation on my scalp and neck, within a few days I progression of me feeling better started. Within a month I was off the meds and feeling amazing, I also found a new massage therapist that I worked w and that helped along w an accupuncturist.Then after a few months a trigger of cbd w menthol set me off for about a week then felt great again & then the accupuncture gal used tiger balm (w menthol) and that set me off.  Good again and then yesterday some stress caused a flare of about 6 mouth sores on my roof of my mouth, woke up to massive vertigo.  Started valtrex and talked to my Dr about just staying on Valtrex daily. I found this page & hope to hear others experiences & maybe mine can shed light on yours. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.