World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Annie-B

Hello to everyone

Annie-B

I just wanted to say hello. This is my first time here. I so need a support group. Anyone to talk to. I am a much older person..(will be 63 November 4th) woman.  Just got news yesterday, October 24 2026 that I have the type 2 herpes. I am totally devastated, as this rides on the heels of so many major life changes for me in the past six months, some concerning a man that I am in love with and want to spend the rest of my life with. I have not told him yet, but feel I will lose him completely. I have done nothing but cry since yesterday. Can't eat or sleep. I really feel like I can't take this. I have a firm belief in God but feel so angry, hurt, and don't even know that I can believe in anything anymore. I can't go to friends or family. I just don't feel it's any of their business. My doctor is great. I'm going to ask her today for antidepressents. I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I'm going crazy! I am going to read the stories here and I know that will help. I really know intellectually that herpes is really not a life-threatening thing...I am an 18 year breast cancer survivor! But if I lose this man that I love so dearly...over this..well, it just all sucks!! Our relationship is a whole other story. Have a great day everyone. Thanks for being here.

Annie-B

SureWhyNot

Hello Annie-B. I am just a hint over 60 and have dealt with this for 35yrs. If there is anything I can offer you I am here for you.

Destroyedbythis

How do you live with this. I'm completely in hell with it. 

SureWhyNot

I am so very sorry for what you are going through with this. I guess I was lucky when I got it so long ago as there was nothing to do, no one to talk to as I had never heard it mentioned anywhere! 1980 I found one book hidden in a bookstore and read how diet and stress plays an important role in fighting this. I had no idea this was such a prevalent virus until I found this site last year. I dealt with it as if I was the only person who had to deal with it. I dated, without sex, then told my prospective partners after I decided I wanted to be with them and let them make their choice based on my knowledge of how I care for myself and what I do to protect them. I should mention, I was never rejected.

I did document my story under Why I Choose Holistic Medicine, search Holistic and it pops up. Not everyone believes in the natural approach but it was My only option. 

I am my own proof since my health issue had become so extreme and now I have turned that around. I did have a minor genital OB last month when I took it upon myself to add Vit A and D to my regimen because I thought it should have been good for me. My ND muscle tested me, I was good with the D but it was the A that hit me. The moment I stopped taking it the OB disappeared. My OB's are directly related to my chemistry.

Keep the chemistry in order and HSV stays dormant. I know this is not simple, I am fortunate to have a brilliant guide. There is a way, you have to pursue what is ideal for you. Pharma may be perfect for you as it is for others.

I truly dislike seeing the spam crap for herbalists because that takes credibility from the genuine healers who can make a difference. This is the only reason I have stuck around here in case of like minded people looking for an option. I have been annoyed by this shit but never defeated. I am smarter than a virus, no matter how tricky it is!

new person

were u able to transfer it to your partner? i mean ever in you trasnferred to someone?

SureWhyNot

NO! I had 4 long term relationships. Turns out 2 of them had cold sores HSV1 but never told me so they were more of a risk to me with their lack of awareness than I was to them! As far as I know I do not have HSV1, never had a cold sore.  dr's don't test for type in Canada! Not important, ha!

Prettypony
2 hours ago, SureWhyNot said:

NO! I had 4 long term relationships. Turns out 2 of them had cold sores HSV1 but never told me so they were more of a risk to me with their lack of awareness than I was to them! As far as I know I do not have HSV1, never had a cold sore.  dr's don't test for type in Canada! Not important, ha!

I was tested in Canada.  I had a swab done, and they did test for type.  I have ghsv1. Just thought I'd let you know that they do indeed test for type.  Maybe they do so by swab only I'm not sure about a blood test type. I did not have a herpes blood test. 

K_Sock
3 hours ago, SureWhyNot said:

I was tested in Canada via a blood test.. It is possible to get both the IGG and Western Blood Blot. I got the latter... I think it was $120 or something...but it was 5 years ago.

WilsoInAus

Please be a little careful, I have seen some labs purport Westernblot in Canada. The HSV Westernblot is only performed at the UofW.

IgG testing type specific is available privately I believe in Canada.

K_Sock

I'll be very careful...very careful to advise that the Western Blot can be taken in Canada and is likely the most accurate test for HSV typing...

https://www.dynacare.ca/specialpages/secondarynav/find-a-test/nat/herpes simplex types.aspx?sr=ont&st=Herpes&

LifeLabs also does the Western Blot.. Trust me, i've done it... 

Edited by K_Sock
add

WilsoInAus

That particular test is not the Westernblot, it is simply expressed as an alternative name for the test that is offered. I've seen that before. This test is not undertaken at the UofW.

K_Sock
5 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

That particular test is not the Westernblot, it is simply expressed as an alternative name for the test that is offered. I've seen that before. This test is not undertaken at the UofW.

I know I had the Western Blot... Unfortunately this URL (http://www.lifelabs.com/files/New_Tests_%28right_sidebar%29/LL_Herpes_Testing_pamphlet%28_4%29.pdf) no longer works... For all I know the sample went to UofW... Anyways, doesn't matter... Point is blood tests exist in Canada...

SureWhyNot

Once again my dr was on top of things. I specifically asked for type testing, after reading posts here, and he said it does not matter what I have as I have shingles and it is not covered under standard testing. I was not interested in paying as it is a non issue at this point in my life but I truly hope it is available as I can see the importance of knowing. 

So many frustrating aspects to finding help for this virus. When the dr is the roadblock where is there to go??? Thank you people on this site for your vast knowledge to help those in need find their way through the mire of ignorance around this virus.

Lisajd

The medical field in diff countries vary when it comes to testing and knowledge of the virus.  

Annie-B

To SureWhyNot: just wanted to dsy thank you for your support and thank you to all that post here. I had wriiten a very lengthy reply but I guess it didn't post. I'm not used to posting yet. Can't write that all again. I've spent much time reading posts here and researching online. I do feel much better...no longer in deep despair. Thanks to all for this wonderful and helpful site.

...Annie-B

SureWhyNot
22 hours ago, Prettypony said:

I was tested in Canada.  I had a swab done, and they did test for type.  I have ghsv1. Just thought I'd let you know that they do indeed test for type.  Maybe they do so by swab only I'm not sure about a blood test type. I did not have a herpes blood test.

I asked for the blood test. If I get another OB I will ask for a swab test as perhaps I misunderstood what was available as I only had marks left over from previous OB's in the sacral area and he would not consider type as he was convinced it was shingles. I was trying to prove it was from my old HSV2 infection or possibly HSV1 from my past partners. He would have nothing to do with the idea I was getting these from certain foods I was reacting to so I was frustrated when I realized very little had changed in 35yrs with the medical approach regarding HSV.

Annie-B, You are among friends who have the support and information you need when others fail you.