World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Nicoli

Herpatherm- not available in the US

Nicoli

Hey Guys,

Been a while since I've been on line. I recently read a post here where someone was having success in preventing an OB at the onset of podrone by using a 'heat' treatment where he applied a heat to the area in question using heated water at 122*-127*. He claimed it stopped symptoms and prevented outbreaks if he cought it early enough. If he is too late, the OB was smaller and healing was faster. So, I did some google searches and I found a product that is available in Europe, Canada and other countries but not The US. So, for some of us, this could be a win. And for the US peeps, it's something we can try to McGyver up ourselves at home. Check out the reviews. Pretty encouraging I think...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Herpotherm-Heat-Treatment-Cold-Sores/dp/B002G8JRBM

Nicoli

Did you read the reviews from users on this?

You can use heat to treat jellyfish stings. Jellyfish use a protein based toxin and the hot water breaks the toxin down. 112* is all it takes. I have personally tried this with success. Obviously, H isn't a jellyfish sting. But the fact that heat can break down certain proteins makes this worth considering. And with overwhelming positive feedback from actual users supporting this assertion, it does not sound quite so stupid to me.

Nicoli

So, I decided to give the thermo approach to treating an OB on my last OB. It was triggered by alcohol and sex. I saw a small red spot that was developing into a blister on the shaft. Since you can't get the Herpatherm tool in the US, I decided to use my hair dryer. I turned it on and held it to the tip of a meat thermometer to see how far I should hold it from my skin to achieve 125* (the temp the Herpatherm reaches). Then I held my hand at this range so I knew what it felt like. I used my hand to cover the head and applied the hot air at the correct distance. It was painful for a few moments but manageable. I repeated this 3 more times that day and just before I went to bed. The blister never grew any larger and appeared to be disappearing by bedtime. The next morning, I was going to repeat the heat treatment again only to find the blister was gone and the skin was much less red. This is only one attempt but it seemed to have worked well, providing similar results described in the Herpatherm reviews on amazon. I'll try again next OB and report back.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • blurneworder
      @Dvm, he says this to almost everyone.  Best ignore his bad advice 
    • Dvm
      Thx so much. However HSV can affect the trigeminal nerve/from post herpetic neuralgia and can actually cause all these symptoms. Some people, once affected can have short term symptoms,  while others have sporadic flare ups and some are permanently affected. Gabapentin for trigeminal neuralgia, prescribed by my neurologist, did help me for some time,  but I'm glad to be off it.  Hope my post helps someone w similar issues who havent gotten help from primary care Dr.
    • WilsoInAus
      @Dvm you can be assured that HSV is not the cause of these issues. As you have found, it’s likely a spinal issue and it sounds like you have found some help. Stick with that.
    • Dvm
      Yes!! See my post about struggling w HSV 1 for 2 yrs. I just signed up today and told my story. Brain fog, pain on r side of face, dizziness,  vertigo, numbness. Hsv1 lives in trigeminal nerve and can cause all these issues w flare ups. Good luck, and your not alone.
    • Dvm
      I'm new to this page. Looking to hear stories of others w my issues & hope to find support. I hv had cold sores all my life. But 2 yrs ago I had a flare w 1 on my lip & 1 in ea nostril.  Then the pain on my right side of the face started, along w numbness,  dizzy, balance issues and a weird eye twitch and sensation. After countless Dr appts and misdiagnoses, research led me to find that the herpes lives in the face in the ganglion root & when it flares can cause all my symptoms and it happened to permanently damage my trigeminal nerve. After going to numerous Dr, neurologist,  having MRI etc. My diagnosis was confirmed and although I dont like to take meds, I started on Gabapentin.  2 yrs I suffered and was miserable,  near suicidal and hopeless,  but I kept trying Drs and a friend had me tried an osteopath.  Who started doing small manipulation on my scalp and neck, within a few days I progression of me feeling better started. Within a month I was off the meds and feeling amazing, I also found a new massage therapist that I worked w and that helped along w an accupuncturist.Then after a few months a trigger of cbd w menthol set me off for about a week then felt great again & then the accupuncture gal used tiger balm (w menthol) and that set me off.  Good again and then yesterday some stress caused a flare of about 6 mouth sores on my roof of my mouth, woke up to massive vertigo.  Started valtrex and talked to my Dr about just staying on Valtrex daily. I found this page & hope to hear others experiences & maybe mine can shed light on yours. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.