World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Winthrow

Question on blood test results

Winthrow

I was first diagnosed almost 2 years ago with HSV2 by taking an IGG test. At that time the results came back 17.8. I just recently took another test during some other routine bloodwork I had done and now have an index value of 23.8. Has anyone else seen or heard numbers this high? I know they essentially don't mean anything, but just curious why they're so high. I rarely have outbreaks and when I do they're pretty mild. I also had them test for HSV1 and that came back negative.

LucyLevi

Hi Winthrow

Could be that the high index is why you have so few obs.. sounds like you have built up good resistant through d antibodies

Regards

Lucy

WilsoInAus

These numbers are perfectly normal. The difference is numerically not relevant and simply confirms an infection. 

Your body has over 80 immune aspects that need to work in harmony to address the virus. IgG is just one element hence the number has no correlation to outbreaks.