World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Throwaway6759

Does This Look Like A Recurrent OB?

Throwaway6759

Hi, friends. I have GHSV-1. I've had it for about 3 1/2 years and haven't noticed any recurrences until now. This is completely different from my initial outbreak but does this look like it could be a recurrence? I can't see my gyno until Monday and I'm very anxious. This is my labia majora on the right side. I've shaved it and scratched at it to see if it would start hurting or anything so maybe I would know better. It doesn't hurt at all and my skin feels smooth when I run over it

https://anonmgur.com/up/f8ec17696b489d753b2402150b2d16ab.jpg

hopeful Rylee
1 hour ago, Throwaway6759 said:

Hi, friends. I have GHSV-1. I've had it for about 3 1/2 years and haven't noticed any recurrences until now. This is completely different from my initial outbreak but does this look like it could be a recurrence? I can't see my gyno until Monday and I'm very anxious. This is my labia majora on the right side. I've shaved it and scratched at it to see if it would start hurting or anything so maybe I would know better. It doesn't hurt at all and my skin feels smooth when I run over it

https://anonmgur.com/up/f8ec17696b489d753b2402150b2d16ab.jpg

Is this where your intial OB was? 

Throwaway6759

Just now, hopeful Rylee said:

Is this where your intial OB was? 

It was on the labia majora and labia minora. Both sides scattered throughout. And they were pretty big blisters that turned into ulcers that were very painful. 

hopeful Rylee

Wow. OK. Sorry I'm not much help. I asked because I'm pretty newly diagnosed myself. I kbiw OBs can come up anyehere , but I've been told they usually reoccur in same place.

Are you on daily therapy?

Throwaway6759

Wow. OK. Sorry I'm not much help. I asked because I'm pretty newly diagnosed myself. I kbiw OBs can come up anyehere , but I've been told they usually reoccur in same place.

Are you on daily therapy?

I just hoped they would at least be somewhat similar to the first one so I would know what i'm looking for lol. The first one was like textbook herpes - the blisters, ulcers, "paper cuts" - it was impossible to deny what it was. I was on daily therapy for the first few months. Then I stopped and didn't experience any sxs until now.

john123456

painful ulcers occur in very few conditions in genitalia.......herpes is most common among them .........

Throwaway6759
Just now, john123456 said:

painful ulcers occur in very few conditions in genitalia.......herpes is most common among them .........

My problem with this OB is that these are not ulcers. I can see them when I spread my skin but I don't really feel them when I rub my hands over them. They don't hurt, they don't burn, they don't tingle. But they are bumps so I am wondering if they are an OB.

hopeful Rylee
3 minutes ago, Throwaway6759 said:

I just hoped they would at least be somewhat similar to the first one so I would know what i'm looking for lol. The first one was like textbook herpes - the blisters, ulcers, "paper cuts" - it was impossible to deny what it was. I was on daily therapy for the first few months. Then I stopped and didn't experience any sxs until now.

How long did you take it?,I started in August. Hoping to get off one day

john123456

first ob is very painful .....following is less severe .......different symptoms with different persons.......did u apply any thing including creams before the ob??? so we can rule out allergic eruptions 

Throwaway6759

How long did you take it?,I started in August. Hoping to get off one day

I think I took it for about 3 months? It might seem stupid but I wanted my body to get "control" over the virus without medication. I think they usually recommend Valtrex if you experience a certain amount of outbreaks in a year.

Throwaway6759
1 minute ago, john123456 said:

first ob is very painful .....following is less severe .......different symptoms with different persons.......did u apply any thing including creams before the ob??? so we can rule out allergic eruptions 

No I don't think so. I wash every day with Cetaphil but haven't experienced any side effects from it in the past. I noticed it after I was working out on a stationary bike and pretty vigorously. My underwear usually digs into my labia so I was thinking I could attribute it to that. But I doubt it.

hopeful Rylee

That's what I want. For my body to "conquer" it. I hate taking medicines of any kind. I think taking it daily has added to my depression. I had my first OB in March...then June July and august so I went on.

Throwaway6759

That's what I want. For my body to "conquer" it. I hate taking medicines of any kind. I think taking it daily has added to my depression. I had my first OB in March...then June July and august so I went on.

I tried to tell that to the NP at my GYNO and she reacted like that it was the stupidest thing she had ever heard lol. She told me that not wanting to take it is like not wanting to get vaccinated for Measles. The first year is pretty rough but honestly it does get better. But I don't think you ever stop doing daily inspections or worrying about every little bump. I guess daily suppressant therapy would ease my mind more but I just don't want to be on it forever. 

john123456

even someone with  HIV  cured with herbs .....but we need patience with herbs ........trust in god and keeping on prayer is very important and also do not repeat the sins we did before ......then take the herbal.... ....black seed oil one spoon 3 times daily around 6 months .......prayer to almighty directly is very important.........avoid all type of sexual activity before marriage with anyone............      

Edited by john123456