World's Largest Herpes Support Group
hopeful Rylee

facial herpes?

hopeful Rylee

I was diagnosed with HSV2 in March.   I have always suffered from acne. Recently I had some extra large pimples(atlwast I think) and of course it makes me wonder if its hsv as I've heard it can present itself anywhere. Has anyone else had HSV on the face? How does it loon or feel and is there a way I can know the difference? Usually I get one or two pimples at a time. I have like 4 and they are rather large. Not clusters and don't look like blisters, just raised, red and tender...

Prettypony

Sounds like pimples to me. Have u changed your diet recently, are you taking antivirals or natural herbal remedies? This could be the cause of the increase in break outs. I've noticed, since my diagnosis that my skin is way more sensitive in general and I break out way easier. I'm using organic apple cidar vinegar (with the mother) on my face and it seems to be helping.

Disc0rdant

Rylee-  I want you to know I am thinking about you.. No idea about your zits.  If they are apart.  Zits.  I hate my zits

Lisajd

If you have HSV on your genitals it's unlikely to be on your face because it's preferred location is the genitals.  It could be that the virus has affected your immune system and now you are having more Breakouts of pimples.  Typically the Breakout so pretty much the same and would be more watery than pussy but would generally be like what you had in your genitals because I think I had one of my face and it was exactly like on my genitals at the time I had a first outbreak.   

hopeful Rylee
On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 5:39 AM, Lisajd said:

If you have HSV on your genitals it's unlikely to be on your face because it's preferred location is the genitals.  It could be that the virus has affected your immune system and now you are having more Breakouts of pimples.  Typically the Breakout so pretty much the same and would be more watery than pussy but would generally be like what you had in your genitals because I think I had one of my face and it was exactly like on my genitals at the time I had a first outbreak.   

And don't you have hsv2?

LilyMae

I don't know if you're taking antivirals but I will tell you every time I take acyclovir I get two or three large, painful, very red pimples that take litteraly months to clear up. They're only on my face. I almost never have any acne otherwise and these are unlike most of the other pimples I've experienced. They're almost more annoying than the out breaks.

I don't know if any of that resonates with your situation. Wishing you good luck.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • StayingUpbeat
      It should be noted that the Gates foundation was part of a venture capital group that gave Genocea $30 million in support of their vaccine development efforts in the period when their lead candidate was an HSV-2 therapeutic vaccine (GEN-003): https://xconomy.com/boston/2012/10/10/genocea-snags-30m-from-gates-foundation-vcs-for-new-vaccines/ They have also provided 30 million dollars to the University of Washington's HSV efforts.  This time specifically on research into whether suppressing HSV results in a reduction in HIV transmission: https://honeycomb.click/topic/77503-donations-to-fred-hutch-center/page/21/?tab=comments#comment-493474  Far from inactive in HSV research they provide significant funding in the context of reducing HIV transmission.  It's a well established fact that genital HSV greatly increases the probably contracting HIV from an infected partner.
    • Cas9
      Human trials starting next year?  Not even close. It will be several years.
    • hunger4more
      Sounds like X-vaxs' biggest concern is prevention and erradication secondary..... 🤦🏻‍♂️
    • IAmDesperate
      Ahh thank you for the link, but sadly I have HSV1
    • Pitchbird
      It may be small scale but at least it shows me that I'm by far not the only one who isn't willing to disclose to casual partners anymore. The damage for oneself is too high to make it worth it imho: - seduction becomes difficult as guy if they know in advance - you're very likely to become a gossip object if it happens within your social circle - you get abandoned before it even starts to get intense - you end up lonely and depressed after being abandoned for such a reason Still, that doesn't answer the question if it's better to disclose properly out of nowhere during the relationship or wait for the symptoms to appear and pretend to be surprised and fake the doctor diagnosis afterwards. At the moment I think the true disclosure would be less likely to be accepted by the partner, but in case it works it would feel better in the end because there's less of a secret kept in the long run... and of course there's lower moral burden when disclosing earlier because you're handing over responsibility of risk exposure to the partner.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.