World's Largest Herpes Support Group
new person

genital herpes and kiss

new person

can a person with genital herpes kiss? i have hsv 2. and also if person is not experiencing  outbreak and shedding, can kiss?

what amount of l-lysine is required daily to inhibit outbreak ? 500mg or 1000mg.

and if i stop taking lysine will the outbreak come? does l-lysine tablets good to take?  

i am fed up from outbreaks. i got my second outbreak within the same month of first outbreak. that is why m curious to know about lysine , though i am eating healthy diet to boost my immunity. 

WilsoInAus

Please make sure you get your retest before getting too engrossed with the idea of HSV-2. Let's proceed on the basis that it is there for now though.

There may be differing views, but true herpes experts agree that lysine has no impact on outbreak frequency or severity. This is for two reasons. There is no evidence at all that lysine directly impacts herpes replication. There is no conclusive evidence that arginine contributes to outbreaks. The odd study here and there shows that arginine may be a weak link in a limited number of people but maybe no more than chance. Even if it was a factor, most diets contain about 30g of lysine a day... yes that's right 30g! Hence what will a 0.5g artificial tablet do additionally?

A healthy diet is all you need. The right mix of veggies, fruits, grains, meats etc. The most important thing to good health is this... 2 litres of water a day or more plus 8 hours sleep minimum. You know all those before and after photos in the magazines. You know what they do? Drink 4 litres of water a day and sleep 12 hours a day for a week.

If this doesn't work in terms of ongoing outbreaks, then antivirals are the best next bet. However this is only required by a small proportion of people.

WilsoInAus

Ooops nearly forgot... kissing someone poses no risk to them of HSV-2, it is contained within your genital area. So kissy kissy all you like!

Blahdittilyblah

So long as it's not HSV2 oral and so long as they aren't kissing your genitals. Supposedly a extremely small risk but non the less a risk but if you don't have HSV2 oral then you won't spread it by kissing 

new person
5 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Ooops nearly forgot... kissing someone poses no risk to them of HSV-2, it is contained within your genital area. So kissy kissy all you like!

thankyouuuuuu wilso. i will definetely keep my immunity strong.  btw do you take any antivirals or u use condom? is there anytime when u haven't taken anything and still did not pass? 

3 hours ago, Blahdittilyblah said:

So long as it's not HSV2 oral and so long as they aren't kissing your genitals. Supposedly a extremely small risk but non the less a risk but if you don't have HSV2 oral then you won't spread it by kissing 

thankyouu blahdit.. mine is genitals hsv 2

WilsoInAus

Neither I or my partners have ever taken antivirals. Three years with current partner and no passing, no condoms either.

blueyes2016

good thing that I can still kiss my boyfriend and I read about foods I should steer clear of. Caffeine effect anyone?

new person

@blueyes2016 as per my research about herpes. caffeine does not effect adversly on growing of herpes virus. i guess u should cut down on sugary foods and aerated drinks. something which is not too sweet. its not that u have to totally cut on that but atleast to not experience outbreak ur intake should be minimal.

blueyes2016

ok thanks for your input, much appreciated

WilsoInAus

Remember that is has not been shown that any foods directly impact herpes. However our body must be in a good healthy state and some foods not taken in moderation are not consistent with this. The other issue is that diet can often turn poor when we are stressed; that take away on the way home after working late, lots of comfort food when a close friend passes away etc.

Blahdittilyblah
20 hours ago, new person said:

thankyouu blahdit.. mine is genitals hsv 2

Right so what I was trying to articulate was that because you have HSV2 you can not pass it to an unifected person by kissing them. However if there kissing your genital area you can possibly although it is a low risk non the less it is still a risk. 

Lisajd
On Tuesday, November 01, 2016 at 9:08 AM, WilsoInAus said:

Please make sure you get your retest before getting too engrossed with the idea of HSV-2. Let's proceed on the basis that it is there for now though.

There may be differing views, but true herpes experts agree that lysine has no impact on outbreak frequency or severity. This is for two reasons. There is no evidence at all that lysine directly impacts herpes replication. There is no conclusive evidence that arginine contributes to outbreaks. The odd study here and there shows that arginine may be a weak link in a limited number of people but maybe no more than chance. Even if it was a factor, most diets contain about 30g of lysine a day... yes that's right 30g! Hence what will a 0.5g artificial tablet do additionally?

A healthy diet is all you need. The right mix of veggies, fruits, grains, meats etc. The most important thing to good health is this... 2 litres of water a day or more plus 8 hours sleep minimum. You know all those before and after photos in the magazines. You know what they do? Drink 4 litres of water a day and sleep 12 hours a day for a week.

If this doesn't work in terms of ongoing outbreaks, then antivirals are the best next bet. However this is only required by a small proportion of people.

Too much lysine may cause other health issues.  It is less effective for hsv2 i understand although some say it works to suppress outbreaks.  I did not find it so when my immune system was compromised.  What causes outbreaks differs for each person.  In terms of diet its trial and error. If you eat a block of chocolate and get an ob eat 2 pieces instead. Being healthy is not rocket science. 

new person

@Lisajd i know being healthy is not a rocket science. now i have to check on all those things which results on outbreak. i have to understand my body's immune system then only i can prevent outbreaks. thnks for sharing your views:)

HguyMNL
On 11/1/2016 at 0:16 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Neither I or my partners have ever taken antivirals. Three years with current partner and no passing, no condoms either.

How did you do it bro? I am super stressed in passing it to my partner, we are planning a baby. What is your sex routine/practice? Thanks. Need your advice. 

Constant Diplomat
On 01/11/2016 at 2:46 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Wilso you don't actually have genital herpes though, right?

SuzQ

Wilson

i have Ghsv1. Negative blood test for both. If my boyfriend performs oral on me, will it transfer to his mouth? If he kisses me after oral, will I get it in my mouth? I've never had cold sores. What about sex? Will he also get it genitally?

WilsoInAus

Hey @SuzQ your swab confirms an infection with HSV-1. As your testing is negative on blood this suggests a recent infection - why? Because antibodies take at least 3 weeks from infection to be detected in blood with some people taking up to 12 weeks. 

As your partner has HSV-1 they cannot technically get it again. Can he get it additionally in his genital region. Experience for males suggests this is either a zero or near zero chance owing to the immune system. There is no documented case of this occurring.

Put simply... go for it :)

TotallyLost85
On 10/31/2016 at 5:12 PM, WilsoInAus said:

When my doctor tested me I was diagnosed with hsv-2 in my blood... She never said anything about if it was strictly genitale or not... I've been taking Valtrex since my diagnosis and now I'm worried I'm getting a break out in my mouth... it's either a break out or I bit my lip when I was drunk last night. Is it  possible that I have HSV2 in my mouth?

TotallyLost85
On 10/31/2016 at 5:12 PM, WilsoInAus said:

A week ago my test results came back positive for hsv-2 in my blood my initial outbreak was on my genital area I woke up this morning thinking that I bit my lip the inside of my lip when I was drunk last night.... it has been bothering me so I looked at it and it looks like there's little bumps and it's on both corners of the inside of my lip. I have been taking Valtrex since I was diagnosed everyday is it possible that I'm having an hsv-2 outbreak in my mouth? 

TotallyLost85
On 10/31/2016 at 5:08 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Why do you recommend getting a second test? My test results were found in my blood should I get a retest as well? 

WilsoInAus

@TotallyLost85 that depends on the nature of the test and result.

Do you have the full details of the test that you have? You are looking for numerical results to IgG or IgM tests for HSV-1 and HSV-2. Are these available?

TotallyLost85
8 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

@TotallyLost85 that depends on the nature of the test and result.

Do you have the full details of the test that you have? You are looking for numerical results to IgG or IgM tests for HSV-1 and HSV-2. Are these available?

did you see my other question on your other comment?