World's Largest Herpes Support Group
June girl

Worst day ever??

June girl

Hey everyone.. I thought it would be good for me to join this discussion. Im only 18 and today I was diagnosed with herpes. This has been the biggest eye opening experience ever. My mom is the only one who knows and she has been the biggest supporter. Although I have been reading stories about others and it has made me feel better about the situation.. something that I can learn from. HOWEVER the guy that I slept with... he doesn't even know he has this virus or that he gave it to me!!! Where do we go from here?

Sansa218

Hi June, welcome and sorry you are dealing with the shock of your diagnosis.  You will find support and encouragement here.  If you share so more details about what tests you've had, the results, and the situation with your sexual partner, people can give good advice as to how to deal with it.  I know sharing personal details might be hard for you, but you can rest assured that people are not shy and will not judge you here....we kinda let it all hang out.  I'm glad your mom is being supportive.  I just found out tonight that my 17 year old niece got genital HSV-1 from her first boyfriend earlier this year.  I have never told anyone in my family that I have HSV-2, in fact, I just told my sister tonight and THEN she told me about my niece!  Everyone feels horrified at first, but we get over it.  It is an inconvenience but it will not ruin your life.   Hope you feel better soon!

Lisajd

Hi and welcome aboard you will find this site very helpful and what I suggest will be good is to educate yourself as much as you can because that really does help you understand what you're dealing with.  Just understand it is normal to go through a whole heap of different emotions and it does take time to deal with it and it's good that your mum is being supportive of you.   In regards to the guy have you actually told him yet or not.  

Remember there are a lot of people who have herpes so you are not alone and I'd even encourage you to talk to your close friends because they need to be aware about how easy it is as well and they need to practice safe sex and understand how easy it is to catch.  

June girl

Thank you so much. I go back Monday to talk to my doctor more about my test. I also will bring her questions and ask her where do I go from here..? The situation Im in is a bit tough. I like this guy but we aren't even that close.. he lives 3 hours away and comes home for the holidays. We just had sex once and bam I got this virus. I have not talked to him about this and Im not even sure if he knows he has it. I am also scared on how he will react and I have no idea how to start the conversation in telling him. I plan to tell my best friend soon, since I have been acting a bit shady towards her. I know she will understand, but first I need to cope with it on my own. Also I have NO clue when I am going to tell my father.. that will be hard and painful, but I know he doesn't want to be left out and will be my biggest supporter despite the emotions of knowing. I just wish I knew more personal friends that have this virus...

JBnATL
48 minutes ago, June girl said:

I have NO clue when I am going to tell my father.. that will be hard and painful

There is nothing wrong with having this virus so why even tell your father?  90% of all adults have it in one form or another so even your father is probably a Herpster.  Did he tell you?

Most people get it from someone who does not know they have it, so chances are this guy doesn't know.  Simply show him your test results and tell him about your outbreak after the last time you two had sex. 

Good luck!

JB