World's Largest Herpes Support Group
StayingUpbeat

A silver lining

StayingUpbeat

Full and fair disclosure I'm insanely worried about what the world is going to look like with the next president of the United States. However on his "Donald Trump's First 100 Days Action Plan" contract with America, in section two after a random accounting of 13-ish? main points (you'll simply have to do a "find" for the paragraph below) he claims he's going to streamline the FDA:

5. Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and let states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

Now, there aren't any HSV drugs being held up in this way by the FDA (Pretlivir could maybe fall into this category but its problems are more technical than red tape). Hopefully its the type of streamlining that the Manhattan Institute has been advocating for 20 years.  My realism tells me it's more likely pushing a handful of dangerous drugs through the pipeline as a headline grabbing tweet but here's doing my part to "give him a shot."

Edited by StayingUpbeat

Blahdittilyblah

Please understand that the President of the United States doesn't actually run the United States. Congress and the Supreme Court are the true powers. People should be worried about those two groups more so then Trump. All that Trump wants to do will have to go through Congress which even though the republicans hold the majority and the house they tend to not favor Trump anyway so he will likely have issues passing and keeping policies of his in place. 

StayingUpbeat
1 hour ago, Blahdittilyblah said:

Please understand that the President of the United States doesn't actually run the United States. Congress and the Supreme Court are the true powers. People should be worried about those two groups more so then Trump. All that Trump wants to do will have to go through Congress which even though the republicans hold the majority and the house they tend to not favor Trump anyway so he will likely have issues passing and keeping policies of his in place. 

Very true @Blahdittilyblah, lets hope there are more sensible people in those roles.  The past 12 years haven't been terribly convincing.  

herpes123
2 hours ago, StayingUpbeat said:

Full and fair disclosure I'm insanely worried about what the world is going to look like with the next president of the United States. However on his "Donald Trump's First 100 Days Action Plan" contract with America, in section two after a random accounting of 13-ish? main points (you'll simply have to do a "find" for the paragraph below) he claims he's going to streamline the FDA:

5. Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and let states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

Now, there aren't any HSV drugs being held up in this way by the FDA (Pretlivir could maybe fall into this category but its problems are more technical than red tape). Hopefully its the type of streamlining that the Manhattan Institute has been advocating for 20 years.  My realism tells me it's more likely pushing a handful of dangerous drugs through the pipeline as a headline grabbing tweet but here's doing my part to "give him a shot."

@StayingUpbeat .... are you able to comment on your condition and any other incite - since being a participant in Dr. Halford's P1 trial ? 

Thanks in advance...

StayingUpbeat

I wasn't in Halford's trial.  I was in the HSV529 trial.  But I don't specifically talk about it in the forum.