World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Erinavery

Newly diagnosed/ sad

Erinavery

So i recently found out that i got HSV 1. I hooked up with two guys in the same week and am still figuring out who gave it to me but honestly at this point I don't really care. I have read so much on the virus and honestly don't find it to be a big deal expect maybe a wake up call to use protection. Although the day i found out i was very shaken up and it was the day after me and my ex had sex. 

I felt discomfort the night before but i assumed it was like any discomfort that I've gotten before down there so i didn't pay too much attention to it.  I didn't want to have sex originally but he pressured me and eventually i caved since i hadn't seen him in a month. The next day i felt discomfort again but worst so i got a mirror and automatically knew it was hsv i went straight to the doctor freaking out and crying. I thought the responsible thing to do was warn my ex who i was supposed to hang out with later that day. I shot him a text saying we needed to talk and i tried to be really mature about it but he did not make that easy. Anyways when i got the actual results back he flipped out on me and tried to make me feel so bad about catching hsv 1 and didn't believe me when i said i really had no idea prior to us having sex.  I don't like to start drama so i just let him call me what he wanted and knew that would be the last time he would talk to me. its been a really shitty experience because before this we were really close to getting back together. I sent him another link tonight a really helpful one and told him it was the last time i would ever contact him because i knew he had a lot of anxiety when we dated and he just responded within i got tested i don't have it don't contact me ever again. i feel really shitty right now. i guess he's just a much worst person than i thought he was but i don't feel that different from  getting hsv 1 i just am sad that someone who i could care so much about and was so nice to and responsibly told him  about my diagnosis could still make me feel like a freak and that i am worst than him. it just really sucks. I'm typically a very confident outgoing person and i don't think hsv will bring me down. I honestly do believe that the only difference between me and more than half of America is that I'm actually aware i have the virus and they aren't. i just don't know if ill ever be able to disclose to someone and not be insecure  after the way my ex reacted. 

Lisajd

Hsv1 is typically acquired via oral sex.  Do you know if either have had cold sores?  Its less likely to get it via sex more so through oral.  Perhaps the reason hes reacted so is he knows he has it.  Hsv1 is less severe in terms of obs and transmission so you will be fine. 

Free73

Hi there.

Don't worry about your ex. If nothing else, you dodged a bullet, he sounds like an immature tool, so in that respect, herpes did you a big favour. Its funny how contracting herpes can confirm our instincts about certain people in our lives. Fuck him off and move forward with your life.

I wish you well

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I am new to the herpes world. I was diagnosed with ghsv-1 on May 17th. I was dating two guys at once (one I was sexually active with and someone else). The last person I had sex with, I am pretty sure he’s the one that gave it to me. I did disclose to all of my sex partners using text free because I was too embarrassed to reveal myself. But anyway, today I disclosed to the other guy I was seeing when I found out that I was gHSV-1 positive. We have been seeing one another one to two time a week and have planned basically our whole summer out. Even though he wanted to take it slow we are most definitely sexually attracted to one another and planned on having sex somewhere along the lines. This morning I decided to disclose via text that I have ghsv-1. I gave him some fact/transmission rates and have left everything in his hands. He’s currently at work and asked if it’ll be okay for him to call me when he gets off. Let’s see how this turns out. I am prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best. I will keep you guys posted.
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I just found out that I have herpes a little over two weeks ago. I am pretty sure I know who I contracted it from, but that is neither here nor there. I was dating two people (only sexually active with one). I no longer converse with the guy who I’ve contracted this from, but kept in contact with the other guy, let’s call him PT and we’ve been hitting it off really well. Sex isn’t really on the table for us because we both said that we wanted to wait for sex until we get to know one another better because we don’t want to rush anything. I can see something more forming between the two of us even though it’s still new. I want to tell him now, but I also want to get to know him better before disclosing this to him. We have a couple of dates lined up. What should I do? Please help
    • NewToTheHive
      By NewToTheHive
      So here’s my situation. 
      I was dating this guy for a few months, and we broke up about a month and a half ago. About two weeks ago, he messaged me and told me he missed sleeping next to me. We got together and hung out, and ended up having sex. 4 days later, i started having symptoms of what I thought was a yeast infection(Itching and soreness). I didn’t feel like going to the store for monistat, and read online you could use vinegar... so that’s what I did. It burned, but I thought that meant it was working. The next day, I had sores everywhere! (I thought it was a chemical burn from using the vinegar) I was in terrible pain, so i made an appointment with my gyno. As soon as she got down there, she told me I had herpes. She did a swab, and also ran PCR IGG and IGM blood work. My swab came back positive for HSV2, but BOTH my IGM and IGG were negative. She said that was because my infection was so new, that my body didn’t even have time to build up the IGM immunity yet, and definitely didn’t have time to build up IGG. I also had a fever all week, and ached like I had been hit by a truck. She told me that I was having a severe outbreak, which is textbook for an initial outbreak from HSV2.
      just in case there was any way my blood cane back as a false negative, I contacted the only other partner I’ve had in the last 6 months. He and I had only had sex 1 time, and it was with a condom, but he still went and got tested. His DNA blood tests also cane back negative.
      with all of this being said, I have proof, without any reasonable doubt, that I got this from my recent ex... and now I have to figure out how to tell him. 
      Im assuming he slept with someone when we broke up, and that’s where he got it... otherwise I think I would have acquired it before now. either way, I don’t want to sound accusatory. I just want to let him know that he for sure gave it to me, but in a nice way. 
      My idea was to make plans with him for a pizza night Friday night. 
      In the mean time, I was going to ask my doctor for a copy of my results, and see if she would be willing to type something up that explains my results in Leaman’s terms (since he won’t understand that IGG negative IGM negative, HSV swab positive means that I without a doubt very recently accuired this infection). That way he doesn’t have to trust my interpretation of the results, and he can read it for fact coming from a doctor. 
      I thought maybe while we were hanging out, I could tell him I want to talk to him about something.... hand him my results, and tell him that I havnt been with anyone else in over six months.... maybe explain that I was mad at first, but that i don’t think he gave it to me purposely. Say “what’s done is done, and I can’t change it, so I can’t stay mad.....but I figured that you needed to know so you don’t give it to anyone else”

what are are your thoughts? 
    • gypsygoddess
      By gypsygoddess
      HSV. Everyone's favorite topic! If you read my other piece, you know about my struggle with Viral Meningitis. But now I get to share with you (because it was just shared with me) how I got it. As if I wasn’t already depressed, hurt, and confused, here comes the nurse from the hospital calling to tell me that one of the possible causes of Viral Meningitis is the Herpes Simplex Virus and they tested me for it when I was there. Surprise! I have the Herpes Simplex Virus type 2, or as I like to put it, Genital Herpes. I cried almost as loud as I did the day I got the severe headache from the Meningitis. I immediately thought, I am 21 years old and my life is over. I thought about all the cons, no more dating, the difficulties having children without infecting them, dating rejection, my friends judging me, having to worry about infecting people around me, every possible negative thought came rushing at me all at once. I can not believe this is happening to me.

I had to mourn the death of the person I once was for a few days of course, but after coming to, I realized that although it is not curable, this is not a death sentence. I thought let me learn a little more about this before I just shut out the world and everyone in it. I found that 1 out of 6 people have HSV. So if you know more than 6 people, one of them most likely has some form of HSV. Some people know, some people don't, but they do. So yeah that is A LOT of the population. Some people get symptoms like itching, burning, and bumps on their genitals sometimes and some people can go years without having one single outbreak. There are Antiviral medications and even suppressive treatments to help lessen the outbreaks. To prevent the spread of the infection you can:

Use condoms
      getting regular STI tests and ensuring sexual partners also get tested regularly
      reducing the number of sexual partners
      being in a long-term monogamous relationship with an uninfected person
      avoiding sexual activity during outbreaks of the herpes virus
      using anti-herpes medication daily if one partner has the herpes virus
      abstaining from sexual activity
      Source: WEBMD.com

The best thing to do if you find out you have HSV is to contact your doctor so they can answer all of your questions and help you find the best option for treating the infection.

On another note, I felt like although I could treat it to minimize outbreaks, dating is going to be a nightmare from now on. I thought, who would want to be with someone with Herpes, one of the scariest STIs out there. I immediately thought ok, well what if I find someone with herpes like me to date, I could possibly find a guy that way. I mean, who could turn away someone with the same condition as them? This notion, I soon found out was a problem. I signed up for a HSV dating site and I realized that I was scared to share too many details about myself and even post a picture of myself. I noticed that I was scared to reveal that I had herpes even on a HSV dating site. Odd, I know. I was struggling accepting my truth.

I went on to search for forums, discussion boards, etc (as I did when I found out I had Meningitis). I was searching for people my age with HSV who were struggling in the LOVE department. I found them. I could not help but fully relate to every single person on the discussion board. It was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. One blogger expressed how she would never sign up for a HSV dating site, as it can influence people who carry the virus to conform to only talking to or being with others who have it which is crazy. She opened my eyes to understand that we are all people and should not live under the stigma that Herpes is this big scary monster thing and we have to alienate ourselves from the rest of society. After all HSV is really just a few outbreaks of uncomfortable bumps and itching. It's not to say you shouldn't be careful with your health, it is just that the stigma behind Herpes is that it's a death sentence and its not.

The posts made me laugh and informed me of so much. People my age, in college just like me, everywhere, going through the same exact thing. One girl and guy on the board went on to say don't be afraid to disclose that you have the virus to people. The girl told about 50 guys and had  only been rejected by about 5 of them or so. She had been in 7 relationships post HSV. A guy said the girl he met had it and he didn't really care and slept with her. All of this was good news to me, not because I just HAVE to be in a relationship or have sex, but to know that I don't have to restrict myself to find love or be ashamed of myself for my condition. I also learned to ditch the stigma because its not as bad as anyone thinks and is easily contracted. Anyone can get it and not even know it.  

I don't know if I am quite as ready as these folks to be as open as they are with HSV, but I can say that I had a huge sigh of relief that I can be if I choose to. Tip of the day is to not be afraid of rejection. Not everyone will reject you.Take a chance, try it, disclose to someone and be positive about it, because you won't know the outcome until you try!

These are the two websites I went to to research: The first is the forum from the people’s stories that I used in my entry. The other is an article. I hope you find these as helpful as I did.

https://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/8423/dealing-with-herpes-in-college

The Overblown Stigma of Genital Herpes - The Atlantic
    • tommylee
      By tommylee
      Hello my name is Tommy, 
      I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for two years. At the beginning of our relationship everything was going well and we clicked as a couple, until I made the worst possible decision of my life in December 2016. I slept with another woman, unprotected, in which i contracted genital herpes HSV-2 from my one and only sexual encounter with this woman. I deserved it as a punishment for what I had done and felt as if I should even die for what I did. I then had sex with my girlfriend the following January of 2017, in which she contracted genital herpes. She was in hospital and the first break out was very severe. This was the worst moment in my life and will be until I die.

To top it off, after this tragedy in January 2017, the same month i slept with another woman and another throughout the year (not continously). I don't understand how i could be so evil as my girlfriend was still recovering from contracting herpes from me, yet i gave her more emotional heart break. ever since then the relationship has been broken and we fight and violently argue as I have no idea what to do to make this better and she feels 'stuck' with me. she feels like i ruined her life and she is right. I cannot rectify this or cure herpes and this is what is leading me to suicide as my intention in life was never to ruin somebody elses life, but I have. My girlfriend is an admirable woman who has stuck by me through a lot of the bullshit, however I feel like she hates me now as she feels she could have had a much less traumatic experience with any other man and that she is stuck with me as she cannot tell anyone about having herpes due to the societal shame that it brings and how society teaches us to think. 
      My Girlfriend hates me and she wants me to 'fix' the situation but i have no idea what to do as it always comes down to her asking me "well can you take this away from me?"
      I am using multiple forums to try and get opinions from people with Herpes as I am close to killing myself as i feel i have basically committed a sin which is the same as murder and created a monster inside my girlfriend. The relationship cannot be left behind as we do have feelings for eachother but the herpes problem causes violent fights involving police (one occasion) and destruction of goods. 

I have no idea what to do and feel like death is the only answer, i often ask her to kill me or get people to kill me as i feel so lost and powerless and possible like the worst person on the planet, as well as feeling alone as i cannot tell any of my friends about this, none of them know what i have or why my relationship is so unhealthy. I am alone in this world and my girlfriend feels like that also, however i feel alone as well but because i caused the whole situation and gave her herpes any feelings of depression or alienation that i have a null and void because i am the 'bad guy' in the relationship. I am the 'joker' in the batman hypothetically speaking.

I want to die as i have no idea what to do. This is the most complicated situation in my life and there is no way to solve it, no answer, no path, no God that can take this away from me and no cure for herpes.

What do you advise I do to rebuild the relationship and at least TRY to live a life without having to commit suicide?
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • viralfrog
      Little update again:  No improvements for me, still getting the same: constant redness on my penis, with tiny blisters forming as the old ones heal. This is together with continuous lethargy and a pulsating pain in my right groin lymph node. I also have sleeping problems, that are associated with the outbreaks. Usually, if the OB gets slightly better, I'll also sleep better. But right now, I wake up every morning too early like 6:30 feeling like my body is fighting something and I can't relax and sleep anymore. I get under 7 hours of sleep each night, but my body needs around 8-9 to feel normal. Unlike some others, I'm extremely sensitive to having enough sleep, which is also related to my heavy workouts. Of course it could be also the other way around, that I'm getting OBs because of poor sleep.  I went to get my bloods tested about a month ago and everything came back as normal (full blood count, thyroids etc.) but I found my vitamin D levels were low. I've been since spending a bit more time in the sun (normally avoid it) and eating a Vitamin D3 supplement daily (5000iu) without improvements to my OBs. I'm so disappointed, as I already got exited being onto something after finding that low Vitamin D-levels are associated inability of the body to fight viral diseases. Based on my research, 5000iu of D3 for several weeks should've definitely increased the levels by now, so I doubt that was the cause  . My testosterone and estradiol levels were also a bit high as I just changed testosterone medication, but I have confirmed in the past that this is not likely the cause.  My cortisol level was 17.3 ug% measured around 2pm (normal 3.7-19.4 ug% before 10AM, 2.9-17.3 ug% after 5PM). This could suggest that my cortisol levels are a bit high, but they are quite hard to measure and change during the day. I recall @IcantThinkofaName you suggested measuring these. Any comments? This was on a week day without any physical activities beforehand, except riding to the lab on a motorcycle in hot weather. Anyways, I can't really find any info on how to reduce these levels apart of relaxing more. For the record, I have tried quitting the gym completely (etc.).  I used some Xanax on the weekend which made me sleep well and feel much better. But obviously such addictive and strong benzodiazepine is not a long term solution. Next week I will try some cannabis to see if that helps with the sleep. I will get some indica strain and will vape it with a herbal vaporizer.  I will not give up the fight, next to try on the list: Confirm Vitamin D levels are back normal Quit whey protein for a week  Cannabis before bed  Amenalief at a higher dosage (200mg/day) Pritelivir from China Singles/varicella vaccine(?) ... any ideas welcome! 
    • Lost-hope
      If I could just piggy back off your idea and add a suggestion  how about with the same reasons you listed in your original statement, you / we start some type of petition or a mass email chain aimed at 60 minutes asking would they consider such a report ?
    • viralfrog
      That is interesting and I might try to stop it for a while or change brands. The thing is though, that I have been using whey protein daily for the last 10 years. I did change brand some time ago though to a pure, unflavoured whey isolate. I doubt that's the cause, but it's definitely worth a try. I'll see if I can find some alternatives for fast absorbing protein after my workouts. Maybe I can put chicken breast in the blender or similar.  I once tried this before I even hard Herpes and had a terrible side effect. It caused an itchy rash all over my groin.  Protected vaginal sex during days where my immunity was very low. Had been binge drinking on a party island.. but the condom broke, which is when I most likely caught the virus. 
    • Ali83
    • Joel7
      I don't think there's any awareness whatsoever of herpes in China. So I doubt it's a priority. Hopefully our western "awareness" won't spread to China any time soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.