World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lali

cant accept it

lali

So i was officaly diagnosed today with herpes. I was having second thoughts on what i initially thought it was because it started to look alot less like herpes, pus and swollen. Turns out its herpes lesions that are super infected. Great. My friends are still there for me trying to cheer me up. But honestly, i cant accept it. I still find like my love life is over. How am i suppose to go out and have fun being young and single while being confident and feeling sexy. All i think about when a guy looks at me or flirts with me is u dunno what the hell ur getting urself into. Like im not good anymore for anybody. Nobody is gonna want me now. 

Free73

It's early days so give yourself time and be patient. I know you feel shit right now, but over time you will accept it and learn to live despite the virus. Were you prescribed anti-virals?

lali

I have a hard time believing im going to get over it. I was prescribed anti virals and antibiotics, and some antiseptic solution. 

Lisajd

Yeah we all bern there.  Its ok to not be ok right now but you need to realise its very common for one and there are those who will accept you.  You have to accept it first though.   You can still go out and be young and have fun.   Who says you are not good enough.  A feeling is a feeling. Doesnt mean its true

5 minutes ago, lali said:

I have a hard time believing im going to get over it. I was prescribed anti virals and antibiotics, and some antiseptic solution. 

Once your ob heals it will become easier.  Education is key

Free73

Take the anti-virals and hopefully that will keep the outbreaks in check. That will also help with your mental state. It doesn't matter that you don't believe it right now, but you will be in a much better place a few months down the track. Don't force it, just be patient for now

Free73

You never stop being yourself and you will probably grow as a person because of it. Not saying you are immature or anything now, but hopefully it makes people more educated, more open and less judgemental in general. And it also forces us to get to know our bodies much better. You will be ok, one day you will start waking up and it won't be the first and last thing you think about because you are too busy living life

Brokenforever
4 hours ago, Free73 said:

You never stop being yourself and you will probably grow as a person because of it. Not saying you are immature or anything now, but hopefully it makes people more educated, more open and less judgemental in general. And it also forces us to get to know our bodies much better. You will be ok, one day you will start waking up and it won't be the first and last thing you think about because you are too busy living life

What if it is the only thing on your mind. What if you don't accept it. What if it's made you ill from the healthy person you once used to be. Not everyone can move forward. 

Free73
1 hour ago, Brokenforever said:

What if it is the only thing on your mind. What if you don't accept it. What if it's made you ill from the healthy person you once used to be. Not everyone can move forward. 

Were you really that healthy mentally and emotionally before the virus? We all have to be honest with ourselves. People will healthy self worth and self esteem do not let herpes dominate their lives. After they get over the initial shock, they move through acceptance and live their lives

Edited by Free73

Nustar

Lali I'm in the same boat as you. I am having a very hard time with this. Diagnosed last week. Official call yesterday. Had the weekend to stew over it emotions up and down.  So again yesterday lots of crying feeling unworthy and hopeless of any future normal sex life. And when I say normal I would just like vanilla sex cuz befor now it was way beyond vanilla and I feel no hope of that returning to my life. I am currently seeing someone but i can feel the tension cuz our sex life was quite kinky and very active before this. I hate living in fear. What damage this does to our mental states. I'm going to be honest I have other things going on but with this added on thoughts of suicide have crossed my mind. Yes I am not in the best state mentally I know that.   Now I feel worthless, hopeless , lonely, and scared  right now I can hardly focus on my job. Wow a lot to say. Yeah me. What a fool I am. 

Brokenforever
8 hours ago, Free73 said:

Were you really that healthy mentally and emotionally before the virus? We all have to be honest with ourselves. People will healthy self worth and self esteem do not let herpes dominate their lives. After they get over the initial shock, they move through acceptance and live their lives

I was very healthy. This has taken my life. To have an std has disgusted me 

I'm quite ill now. Physically ill. This caused it. If there had been a cure I could rebuild. Now my kids have no mum. I'm done

lali

@Nustar I feel the same way, I believe my sex life is over. I'm always going to be scared to pass it on. I don't know what I did to deserve this. I have a lot of things going on in my life also, I really didn't need this on top of it all. I have good friends and family but sometimes its frustrating because they just don't understand. I feel like crap. I haven't had much time to process it anymore because its exhausting me and I'm busy with work. I'm just trying to heal first and get rid of the sores that got infected. Got a yeast infection also. Got three infection at once. Awesome right. I know exactly how you feel.

lali

Starting to feel a little better now that the antibiotics and anti virals are working. The sores are better and the swollen went down. It doesn't look deforme anymore lol. Pus is gone also. Never thought it would look normal again. I was starting to think they were going to have to cut it haha. Finally...

Chin up31
8 hours ago, lali said:

Starting to feel a little better now that the antibiotics and anti virals are working. The sores are better and the swollen went down. It doesn't look deforme anymore lol. Pus is gone also. Never thought it would look normal again. I was starting to think they were going to have to cut it haha. Finally...

Good to hear....try to keep a mental track on what triggers your ob.

lali
1 minute ago, Chin up31 said:

Good to hear....try to keep a mental track on what triggers your ob.

So far ive bee having them after a strep throat infection.

Chin up31

You get strep throat often?

Also u might have say bye bye to some of the foods and drinks u like