World's Largest Herpes Support Group
ceejay3

found out I have herpes, can I still work?

ceejay3

Hi folk's 

I came from the Philippines a male aged 26, can I ask all of you if I can have a job while have herpes or not?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

WilsoInAus

There are many common fears with respect to herpes, but none are founded. About 80% of the working population has herpes, which means that the question would more be can you have a job without herpes?

If that all sounds a tad on obscure side, that's because it is so. Herpes plays no role, I mean zero role in terms of employment.

YammyTea

I've had the same worry. Where does one work having this condition?! It sucks!!!!

crazypuglady

There is absolutely no reason you will lose any job opportunity. Unless it directly affects your ability to do your job (I can only think of sex work in the case of herpes) it is discrimination to deny any job opportunity based on a medical condition (Australian Employment Law). 

I would really encourage you to work as progressing in my job made me feel really good about myself after I got herpes. 

ceejay3

I appreciate your thoughts :)

Thanks for cheering me up and encouraging, Actually i decided to cut my life because of this bullshits and i don't have any idea or knowledge about this fucking virus and yeah i mean being sexually active and getting onto hooks sometimes ( I swear... ) here in my country have a lots of temptations that's why many teen are into this.

Thanks a lots folk's :)

Herpadoodledoo

Ya'll. It's herpes, not Ebola. As long as you're not rubbing your genitals all over your fellow employees, you have no reason to make them privy of your herpes status. 

Hansje
Just now, Herpadoodledoo said:

Ya'll. It's herpes, not Ebola. As long as you're not rubbing your genitals all over your fellow employees, you have no reason to make them privy of your herpes status. 

Yes that's what I thought too.

ceejay3

:)

Um I have a big problem... 

If I got both fucking herpes viruses occurred on my body specifically on lips and hands what should I do? I know that everyone is at risk even if I gave a high five with my co-employee? 

Can you help me about this instances? 

ceejay3

Actually it was active at this time and mild.

I'm worried about infecting anyone. The blisters is about to pop anytime.

Is hand sanitizer and alcohol helps?

WilsoInAus

It is most unlikely you have herpes on your hands. If someone does, they may get blisters around the finger nail upon initial infection. Thereafter it doesn't look like it sheds or causes further outbreaks. 

crazypuglady

The blisters on your hands sound like it could be eczema or even staph (also contagious but with no bad stigma). I also get eczema and staph from time to time, as it seems people who are prone symptoms of one skin condition are prone to them all. Definitely get the blisters on hands swabbed and checked, most likely something else.

ceejay3

@WilsoInAus thanks for your response but could it be? Is it the initial infection? I got to speak with my doctor immediately.

@crazypuglady thanks for your response too.

I hope that wasn't eczema or else it's awful, fucking awful. I'd better speak to my doctor immediately.

WilsoInAus

If you have herpes, and it is as likely as not that you do, it will be an oral HSV-1 infection. You will also more than likely have had this since childhood. This gives your body very good immunity from further infection.

There is no reason to even suspect that your hands are infected with herpes. There are plenty of bacteria, viruses and skin conditions that will cause symptoms like what you describe.

I'm thinking you've just read an STD brochure or internet article on herpes right? Why has herpes suddenly jumped into your mind?

ceejay3

@WilsoInAus I am thinking that it's congenital because of blisters on my inner thigh recently, and the reason why I jump into this forum about herpes is my fucking fault too I've been dirty because of a occasion and I've been into a active sexual shit and i thought i have it. 

All the sign and symptoms occurred that's why I thought it was.

Chin up31

If u get an infection on the hands again or have one currently just go to your dr. and get it swab see what happens.you definitely will get an answer.hope it comes back negative,good luck

Luvnlife

I've worked the entire 18 years of having this and it never affected anything. I've had different kinds of jobs also. I've even rode horses so it doesn't stop me at all. 

ceejay3

Hi folk's ;)

Once again I came the Philippines and I don't care about my life now, and I don't wanna deal with this fucking disease.hiTh

This is my last post. Thank you to all of your response and courage.